No announcement yet.

Hunter the Vigil supplement for Princesses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got board and whipped up a microfiction from the perspective of a TF:V Sargent breaking in the new guy.

What? You think this assignment is going to be easy greenhorn? I've fought these witches before and let me tell you who else wore a stupid outfit. Superman with his underwear outside his tights. This is not a cakewalk and if you don't shape up you wont be coming home. I've seen skilled veterans empty entire clips and hit nothing but air. I've seen little girls walk of bullets at point blank range. And rookie, you will never ever laugh at a Barbie magic wand once you've seen rainbows melt the flesh off a man's bones. Oh god, I can still smell it.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
    My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
    Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

• Love it^^ who knew you could make a wand that shoots rainbows sound horrifying?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darinas View Post
        Love it^^ who knew you could make a wand that shoots rainbows sound horrifying?
        You've never been subjected to Prismatic Spray, have you?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• And I've revised the Sanitation Workers Committee as an offshoot of the People's Guard (new source of the Endowment is looted Alhambran stuff from before the split) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...yxPrD838/edit#

Also, there's a tactic in Dream Catchers: Checkmate. You might want to copy it. Defence against firearms is standard for combat Princesses.
          Last edited by The Kings Raven; 10-08-2017, 11:10 AM.

Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

• Mhm... I just finished reading. So far, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I like the integration to the past and the fact that they now have a clear explanation of where their Endowment came from. On the other hand, I don't really see what motivated them into fighting the Darkness or how the Darkness even played a role in their creation. Maybe I read too fast, though. Wouldn't be the first time.

I do really like their relationship with Princesses, though. It's an interesting dynamic, and definitely lighter than the People's Guard, while still not being blatantly pro-Princess like the Light Company.

Not sure how I feel about the new name, though. I get the idea, but I don't know if it really works as an actual name...

Haven't fully read the Endowment yet due to time limitation. I'll check it later.

As for Checkmate, is it really right to copy it when it already exists in a previous fan-supplement?
            Last edited by Darinas; 10-08-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Mhm... I just finished reading. So far, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I like the integration to the past and the fact that they now have a clear explanation of where their Endowment came from. On the other hand, I don't really see what motivated them into fighting the Darkness or how the Darkness even played a role in their creation. Maybe I read too fast, though. Wouldn't be the first time.
              That's covered under The Enemy. They don't have a philosophical reason to focus on the Darkness above all, it's just the most consistent threat their membership face.

I think something could be added based on the burakumin and their ideas of physical&moral cleanliness, but IMO it should be a support to the self-defence angle and not the prime motive.

Originally posted by Darinas View Post
              Haven't fully read the Endowment yet due to time limitation. I'll check it later.
              It's mostly rewording things. Removing religious references and being more explicit that these are servant abilities turned up to 11.

As for Checkmate, is it really right to copy it when it already exists in a previous fan-supplement?
              I wrote it for Dream Catchers.

Save

Comment

• It's mostly rewording things. Removing religious references and being more explicit that these are servant abilities turned up to 11.
                I would have actually increased that instead of removing but okay.

Well I wrote it for Dream Catchers and I suggested it
                Yeah, but it's already in Dream Catchers, isn't it? Aren't we supposed to bring in only new material?

Comment

I would have actually increased that instead of removing but okay.
                  Sadly I don't know enough Shinto to create a halfway plausible fictional folk-Shinto.

Yeah, but it's already in Dream Catchers, isn't it? Aren't we supposed to bring in only new material?
                  True, but on the hand it's a really useful Tactic against Princesses.

Comment

• Ive been experimenting with shinto last 3 or 4 years, mostly to add religious zeal to my recycling.

Comment

• Okay, guys, I found an artist of my own and got her start sketches as well. She just finished doing a Dreamland Warden pic... could someone tell me how to put the pic here so everyone can see it?

Comment

Okay, guys, I found an artist of my own and got her start sketches as well. She just finished doing a Dreamland Warden pic... could someone tell me how to put the pic here so everyone can see it?
                        [img]ImageURL[/img]. Optionally inside of [spoiler][/ spoiler] like this: [spoiler][img]ImageURL[/img][/ spoiler] (without the space behind the/), if you don't want it to take up the whole page.

*Goes back to lurking*

Comment

• Thanks. Here we go:

Hope you guys like it^^ She's still hesitating for the colors, though. Would you prefer disgusting bruised and pale human skin colours, or just blacks and reds?

Comment

• WOAH UGLY! I thought these things guarded the Dreamlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
                              WOAH UGLY! I thought these things guarded the Dreamlands.

Nightmares are dreams too...

That said, yeah. I hate to criticize such ghoolishly cool sketches, but I thought the Wardens were more the honey trap that suckered you in by dulling your senses and presenting you with the perfect world. I don't see such masters of deception appearing like this to the Magisters.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• speaking of Dreamlanders, does Princess use the 2e or 1e rules for ephemeral beings? cause I only understand the latter. I'm assuming 2e since the book mentions Integrity, but I want to be certain

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
                                X