Hunter the Vigil supplement for Princesses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am ready to get started doing so.

just out morbid curiousity... what rating a belief vioation should it be if you believe a betrayal to be for the betrayeds "Own good"

have to go to a doctor's appointment how's what I finished so far look?

Christina sighed and looked down. She did not fear her iminent death, in spite of being pretty much , she was a princess, blessed by the Queen of Diamonds, a Grace, she did not fear death, she almost welcomed it, the peace of death.

But she could not, would not take another innocent with her.

He… he was young, and had a lot of potential

Kelby, was a 9 year old Troubadour of Hearts always ready with grand tales, of courage and romance.

He didnt really understand death at his age, and she didnt fancy him gaining too intimate an understanding.

She thought of him she’d trained him as best she could taught him formality and protocol as best as she understood it. Along with ways to combat the darkness, Using physical violence or diplomacy or occultism. Teaching him and when to use all of the above.

It had brought out the mother in her as well as the general.

And today she was thinking as a mother not a general.

The last month they’d been tracking a mighty Cataphract down. He seemed to be the local general of the Darkness And needed taken out, at least that would ensure any more darkspawn attacks were uncoordinated and performed only out of base instincts,rather then part of any strategy, people would die yes and that was tragic, but it was better then the darkness conducting a strategic war in the region.

She accepted it was a suicide mission not with despair or even resignation but would not let kelby’s life be ended with her’s

she had thought of the optians to find another hopeful who she’d trust with the dutie’s of De Facto guardian of a boy like kelby she would have to leave the city.
    Allowing the cataphract to engage who knows what kinds of evil.
    The vampires and m ages she trusted not at all.

The only choice… she hated herself for even thinking of for a half second… she already felt the telltale warning of sensitivity just from thinking it…

but it was the only path to his survival

The 3 of them had worked hard to make things work

They were undermanned and underfunded… But they worked tirelessly to protect children from all danger’s.

They had a strong sense of right and wrong but werent philosopher’s

Justin was a gifted investigator, Rodrigo, handled the bulk of combat, Melissa tended the Mundane front for their cell And tended to be their spokes person.

Christina sighed, she felt the telltale hint of Kelby’s presence She had told him they needed to launch an all out attack… he trusted her she thought sadly and well he shouldnt.

They were hiding on the ceiling ready to jump down and try scaring these loser’s out of town… or so he thought.

He was waiting for her to go in She usualy took the lead making him Follow from the sidelines Wanting him “Kept safe” so he was surprised and delighted when she invited him to charge in harrying away these fool’s reasoning his talent for music should be enough

She sighed she wished it would have a chance but the Well meaning fool’s were looking more puzzled then anything.

he’d gone down and was using inspire to try making them know what fools they were.

She came down two behind him he smiled knowing she was there to back him up…

He knew wrong

She gathered her resolve and with one motion grabbed the ring from his finger with one swift motion

he screamed in pain and betrayal as he forcefully detransformed

They blinked

“What is going on?

Christina sighed feeling the shadow’s born of her betrayal of a member of her Nakama who had trusted her

Even in death this stain will follow me she thought acridly. Feeling her sensitivity flare… she could still make it right all it would cost was letting kelby put himself in deadly danger’s
    What are you his mother? Some internal censor criticized her.

Let him put himself in whatever danger he see’s fit you’ve already instructed him for 2 year’s he lives or he dies, why should you worry overmuch about it, all too often its a hopeful’s fate.

She shook her head she’d come this far she couldnt second guess herself.

“We’ve investigated a monster for week’s that need’s to be taken out, for year’s I’ve been in de Facto guardianship of him, his own parents dont know he’s a royal. Even if they did, I dont think they could keep him safe”

she handed the ring to them with a sigh

“Take this its his phylactery” she shook her head

Dumbfounded justin accepted it locking it away in a safe.

“Eventually he’ll be able to recover it, and escape, but it will take weeks or months” she said

“and maybe longer if you keep him occupied and make him not want to escape too soon”

Melissa began firmly

“Young lady while we appreciate your desire to keep him safe if you think were going to let you go out to get killed-”

Christina shook her head “I have another thing coming? I think we both know your not ready to subdue me on this short of notice”

they sighed unfortunately she was right

“I hate you!” kelby blubbered “I hate you!!! I hate you!!! dont you see I want the honor of dieing for my queen”

Christina shook her head sadly

“Someday I am sure you will have that privilege of dieing for your queen, but I’ve put it off for a few years, only one of us need’s to die today Pluss I want your death to have meaning ok sweetheart?” she said with a tenderness the 3 onlooker’s found difficult to understand since they had bizzare views on the hopeful.”for your death to have meaning you have to learn study grow… and become”

She looked at him with sadness “I know what I’ve done, regardless of my motivation is unforgivable” she said with a sigh. “But I want you to live to adulthood

as she was saying this Rodrigo was reaching for something some kind of weapon or alarm

she glanced at him and commanded him to kneel and he could not help but obey.

She looked to kelby one last time with maternal affection and sighed “I had best be on my wat” she said “Again one day you will die for your queen” She assured him and jumped out. Of the building

“She used us” Rodrigo snarled “She used us as a dumping ground for another sensitive she didnt want running underfoot”

Justin nodded “Its such a shame, she so rationally contemplates dangers to another’s life And tried to prevent them” shook his head “But her own life was just an asset of her queen’s to dispose of as she saw fit”

Melissa shook her head

“Somehow I think she just wanted him to mature enough so his death can have some meaning remember what she told him”

Justin shook his head

“Hopefully, by the time he grow’s up their wont be a queen to die for anymore”
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-19-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• I honestly don't know; My guess is that it's depends on the context, the Princess' personal moral code and various other factors. But if you're curious, you should ask either Brazier or King Raven.

As for that beginning of fiction, like it so far. Keep going^^

Comment

• will continue but might need to prune it a bit latter was working to make things make sense. It needed a lot to make the Well meaning betrayal seem plausible.
        Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-10-2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Cover added to the supplement. Feel free to go check it out.

Comment

• curious in the fiction im writing Ideas on a good way for Christina to place herself beyond the star's Reach not sure if outright disappearing or outfighting them is better?

get home today so can continue and probaly finish it.

Comment

• it looks to be essentialy done if a bit unwieldy

if I could ask why does task force Valkyrie explicitly want a hopeful over 18 for questioning

so it could rought them up without a media frenzy?

Or thinking they might know more?

Minor's CAN be arrested for less you know

makes me think they do want someone they could rough up.

oh is it my imagination or will most of the groups in this project NOT work well with each other at all.
              Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-18-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Soooo looking back at the supplement, I remembered the People's Guard still don't have Factions. Which actually makes me wonder.... should have a faction inside their Conspiracy who would be.... how to put it.... less hateful toward Noble?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darinas View Post
                  Soooo looking back at the supplement, I remembered the People's Guard still don't have Factions. Which actually makes me wonder.... should have a faction inside their Conspiracy who would be.... how to put it.... less hateful toward Noble?
                  Maybe:
                  1. Burn all the Bourgeoisie!
                  2. Supernatural against Supernatural is fine, Supernatural against mortal is not.
                  3. Infiltrate the Nobles to use them to the People's advantage, then eliminate them when no longer needed.
                  1 is pretty much as presented. 2 would be fine with Princesses, as long as they kept their powers to facing other monsters/supernaturals - but they minute they use advanced/magical skills on people, they are next in line for The Madame. 3 seems friendly, but only see Princesses as a lesser evil to use to the People's ends, then ending the threat of their power themselves (or selling them off to the Magisters).
                  Last edited by Vent0; 05-31-2018, 10:52 AM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• is the story too wordy, was trying to create a context for the well meaning, but heartbreaking, betrayal. it did sprawl more then I planned... not sure how to condense it.

Reposted it here

Christina sighed and looked down. She did not fear her iminent death, in spite of being pretty much , she was a princess, blessed by the Queen of Diamonds, a Grace, she did not fear death, she almost welcomed it, the peace of death.

But she could not, would not take another innocent with her.

He… he was young, and had a lot of potential

Kelby, was a 9 year old Troubadour of Hearts always ready with grand tales, of courage and romance.

He didnt really understand death at his age, and she didnt fancy him gaining too intimate an understanding.

She thought of him she’d trained him as best she could taught him formality and protocol as best as she understood it. Along with ways to combat the darkness, Using physical violence or diplomacy or occultism. Teaching him and when to use all of the above.

It had brought out the mother in her as well as the general.

And today she was thinking as a mother not a general.

The last month they’d been tracking a mighty Cataphract down. He seemed to be the local general of the Darkness And needed taken out, at least that would ensure any more darkspawn attacks were uncoordinated and performed only out of base instincts,rather then part of any strategy, people would die yes and that was tragic, but it was better then the darkness conducting a strategic war in the region.

She accepted it was a suicide mission not with despair or even resignation but would not let kelby’s life be ended with her’s

she had thought of the optians to find another hopeful who she’d trust with the dutie’s of De Facto guardian of a boy like kelby she would have to leave the city.
                    Allowing the cataphract to engage who knows what kinds of evil.
                    The vampires and m ages she trusted not at all.

The only choice… she hated herself for even thinking of for a half second… she already felt the telltale warning of sensitivity just from thinking it…

but it was the only path to his survival

The 3 of them had worked hard to make things work

They were undermanned and underfunded… But they worked tirelessly to protect children from all danger’s.

They had a strong sense of right and wrong but werent philosopher’s

Justin was a gifted investigator, Rodrigo, handled the bulk of combat, Melissa tended the Mundane front for their cell And tended to be their spokes person.

Christina sighed, she felt the telltale hint of Kelby’s presence She had told him they needed to launch an all out attack… he trusted her she thought sadly and well he shouldnt.

They were hiding on the ceiling ready to jump down and try scaring these loser’s out of town… or so he thought.

He was waiting for her to go in She usualy took the lead making him Follow from the sidelines Wanting him “Kept safe” so he was surprised and delighted when she invited him to charge in harrying away these fool’s reasoning his talent for music should be enough

She sighed she wished it would have a chance but the Well meaning fool’s were looking more puzzled then anything.

he’d gone down and was using inspire to try making them know what fools they were.

She came down two behind him he smiled knowing she was there to back him up…

He knew wrong

She gathered her resolve and with one motion grabbed the ring from his finger with one swift motion

he screamed in pain and betrayal as he forcefully detransformed

They blinked

“What is going on?

Christina sighed feeling the shadow’s born of her betrayal of a member of her Nakama who had trusted her

Even in death this stain will follow me she thought acridly. Feeling her sensitivity flare… she could still make it right all it would cost was letting kelby put himself in deadly danger’s
                    What are you his mother? Some internal censor criticized her.

Let him put himself in whatever danger he see’s fit you’ve already instructed him for 2 year’s he lives or he dies, why should you worry overmuch about it, all too often its a hopeful’s fate.

She shook her head she’d come this far she couldnt second guess herself.

“We’ve investigated a monster for week’s that need’s to be taken out, for year’s I’ve been in de Facto guardianship of him, his own parents dont know he’s a royal. Even if they did, I dont think they could keep him safe”

she handed the ring to them with a sigh

“Take this its his phylactery” she shook her head

Dumbfounded justin accepted it locking it away in a safe.

“Eventually he’ll be able to recover it, and escape, but it will take weeks or months” she said

“and maybe longer if you keep him occupied and make him not want to escape too soon”

Melissa began firmly

“Young lady while we appreciate your desire to keep him safe if you think were going to let you go out to get killed-”

Christina shook her head “I have another thing coming? I think we both know your not ready to subdue me on this short of notice”

they sighed unfortunately she was right

“I hate you!” kelby blubbered “I hate you!!! I hate you!!! dont you see I want the honor of dieing for my queen”

Christina shook her head sadly

“Someday I am sure you will have that privilege of dieing for your queen, but I’ve put it off for a few years, only one of us need’s to die today Pluss I want your death to have meaning ok sweetheart?” she said with a tenderness the 3 onlooker’s found difficult to understand since they had bizzare views on the hopeful.”for your death to have meaning you have to learn study grow… and become”

She looked at him with sadness “I know what I’ve done, regardless of my motivation is unforgivable” she said with a sigh. “But I want you to live to adulthood

as she was saying this Rodrigo was reaching for something some kind of weapon or alarm

she glanced at him and commanded him to kneel and he could not help but obey.

She looked to kelby one last time with maternal affection and sighed “I had best be on my wat” she said “Again one day you will die for your queen” She assured him and jumped out. Of the building

“She used us” Rodrigo snarled “She used us as a dumping ground for another sensitive she didnt want running underfoot”

Justin nodded “Its such a shame, she so rationally contemplates dangers to another’s life And tried to prevent them” shook his head “But her own life was just an asset of her queen’s to dispose of as she saw fit”

Melissa shook her head

“Somehow I think she just wanted him to mature enough so his death can have some meaning remember what she told him”

Justin shook his head

“Hopefully, by the time he grow’s up their wont be a queen to die for anymore”

Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-30-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Vent0 that might make for a good base...

Prince of the Night Mmm... I don't know. Seems like this fiction has potential, but might need a few rewritings here and here. Any of you guys have opinions on it?

Comment

• I agree the stuff laying down background needs condensed, just thought a well meaning betrayal, would be very powerful. but it needed a context.

Oh Curious on what we discussed earlier on what the Star's would do if confronted by hopeful saying that taking out the queen's wouldnt help anything.

Is it safe to say that "We need to look into it" is the best possiblety

and that might mean doing even more poking around the Dreamlands to 'look into it'

And even if convinced,

they may still want to take out the queen of mirror's

As she has such a high turnover rate in her follower's and their so widely young the magics she teaches encourage mental problems.
                        Last edited by Prince of the Night; 06-01-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Maybe:
                          1. Burn all the Bourgeoisie!
                          2. Supernatural against Supernatural is fine, Supernatural against mortal is not.
                          3. Infiltrate the Nobles to use them to the People's advantage, then eliminate them when no longer needed.
                          1 is pretty much as presented. 2 would be fine with Princesses, as long as they kept their powers to facing other monsters/supernaturals - but they minute they use advanced/magical skills on people, they are next in line for The Madame. 3 seems friendly, but only see Princesses as a lesser evil to use to the People's ends, then ending the threat of their power themselves (or selling them off to the Magisters).
                          And number 3 turned into Lafayettes.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                          X