To the Moooon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Moooon!

Hi all. So I've been running a WoD game for a number of years and, with the changeover to Chronicles of Darkness the chronicle is reaching an epic peak and I need some ideas on the following:

The players got ahold of the entropy artifact from The Moon Window story seed in The God-Machine Chronicle and, beginning to realize what "Packet Theta" is, are growing desperate to try and put the artifact back where it was taken from.

So the party needs to get to the moon.

It's a highly mixed group, all characters with about 52 XP worth of extras (using the old XP rules) and multiple ways of traversing through other realms.

We have the following to work with, as some of my players created and run 2 characters each.

Circle of the Crone Daeva Vampire
    Stannum Galatean Promethean
    Ordo Dracul Mekhet Vampire
    Makara Nemesis Beast
    Moros Mysterium Mage
    Beast-Hunterheart Summer Court Changeling
    Wizened Smith Winter Court Changeling

They also have made allies with the local Pure pack network and are seeking a Demon to ally with.

Now given what we have to work with, what methods would work to get them to the Crypt of the Butterfly? With this bunch, they're capable of shifting world-to-world and I was hoping to see if anyone had a houseruled Demon Propulsion that might at least get them to low orbit where they can engage the God-Machine's defenses (one of which is the "Black Knight" satellite of urban legend).

- Yulian

Keep in mind that the Idigam from Werewolf are imprisoned on the moon.

My Savannah Setting can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules can be found here

Comment

Speaking of Werewolf, how would Luna and her Lunes react to nearby werewolves? To say nothing of being in proximity to the celestial body itself in the real world. because of the risk, they wanna be out of the hisil before they reach the moon proper.

Fortunately, because of the emotional resonance, I have ruled that the Crypt of the Butterfly itself is a Chamber, and a Beast can emerge there if they move close in the Primordial Dream.

Comment

Interesting parallel there between the Dark Mother and Lilith....which may be the whole point. Hmmm...

Comment

Werewolves on the Moon would be driven insane, into a frothing berserk rage at the physical proximity to the Goddess of Madness. Which works rather well because it's in the Warden Moon's agenda not to let anything escape it's reach again.

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post
            Keep in mind that the Idigam from Werewolf are imprisoned on the moon.
            Didn't they all escape, though? Or was that just some of them

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Easy answer- steal a spaceshuttle!

Less easy answer- through the dream (astral or primordal- enough people dream of the moon that you might have a chance). Driving with the moros creating air and food and the wizened smith boosting the car so it takes a reasonable amount of time. Teleported by a friendly mage/powerful spirit. Very obscure trods in the hedge. Angeljack a powerful angel and be carried there. Exploit an obscure bit of Infrastructure. Just throw the vampires as hard as you can- they don't need air they'll be fine- and use some kind of sympathetic magic to follow them once they land.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Didn't they all escape, though? Or was that just some of them
                Nothing's to say they all did... or that they brought any void spirit minions or idle projects they might have had when they left, either.

Have a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing posts after, well, posting them. Bear with me...

Comment

So what book has the info on the Idigam?

And still looking for ideas to get there.

Comment

Werewolf: the Forsaken 2e core if you want the most current rules and fluff, or I think Werewolf's Night Horrors: Wolfsbane for their 1e incarnation.
                    Side note: the Werewolf 2e core is a great purchase if you don't have it already, and not just for the idigam. Though they are a delightful terror in themselves...
                    Last edited by Sconce; 04-06-2017, 01:24 AM.

Have a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing posts after, well, posting them. Bear with me...

Comment

I think I have Night Horrors, I went nuts getting a lot of pdfs (so cheap!) and haven't been able to read all of them all the way through yet - since I'm focusing on finally bringing Demons and the God Machine into my game wholesale.

So, any other ideas of how Lunes may react to other supernaturals on the physical moon and what the Hedge, Hisil, and Primordial Dream might be like up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Yulian View Post
                        I think I have Night Horrors, I went nuts getting a lot of pdfs (so cheap!) and haven't been able to read all of them all the way through yet - since I'm focusing on finally bringing Demons and the God Machine into my game wholesale.

So, any other ideas of how Lunes may react to other supernaturals on the physical moon and what the Hedge, Hisil, and Primordial Dream might be like up there?
                        Influence: Create Void/Oblivion inside their space suits if the petty canned fleshy being really upset the Idigam Wardens.

Comment

If the Beast learns the Shadowed Soul Atavism it's theoretically possible to teleport to the shadowed part of the moon, but that doesn't bring anyone else along.

Some canny enough tricks with Primordial Pathways might be able to open a path?

Ok I have an idea. The Moros presumably has a decent Matter Arcana rating. Manipulate a room into as close a resemblance of the moon's surface as you can, have the Beast use Nightmares until they get an exceptional success or somebody fails a breaking point and they can turn the room into a Chamber. You now have enough resemblance to attempt to open a pathway to the moon. It's a pretty hefty penalty but with the backing of a whole Brood there ought to be enough ways to add bonus dice to make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by HelmsDerp View Post
                            If the Beast learns the Shadowed Soul Atavism it's theoretically possible to teleport to the shadowed part of the moon, but that doesn't bring anyone else along.

Some canny enough tricks with Primordial Pathways might be able to open a path?

Ok I have an idea. The Moros presumably has a decent Matter Arcana rating. Manipulate a room into as close a resemblance of the moon's surface as you can, have the Beast use Nightmares until they get an exceptional success or somebody fails a breaking point and they can turn the room into a Chamber. You now have enough resemblance to attempt to open a pathway to the moon. It's a pretty hefty penalty but with the backing of a whole Brood there ought to be enough ways to add bonus dice to make it happen
                            Ahh...see, now we're getting somewhere. The Crypt itself is a Chamber, and thus accessible through a Primordial pathway, and my players would definitely be willing to traumatize a "deserving" person enough to pound out a Chamber.

Comment

Working...
                            X