Roll20 character sheets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll20 character sheets

So, as some of you may know. Roll20 was recently licensed to create "official" CofD character sheets. I've used them and I can tell you that they work really well and the production value is high. Unfortunately, when it comes to 2nd Edition, the only available variations on the sheet are VtR and WtF. Not only that, but when I contacted the developers for Roll20, I was told that its not high on the priority list right now. I'm really disappointed that they haven't gotten around to adding DtD, PtC 2nd, MtAW 2nd, or BtP. The CSS and HTML for the official sheet is up on GitHub to be reverse engineered for anyone willing to create a custom sheet. Is there ANYONE out there with experience in front end web development (CSS, html, etc) that could create those sheets? I'd even be willing to pay someone to do it (though probably nowhere near as much as what your time is worth).

https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-cha...ess%20Official
    Last edited by Matty1Love; 04-06-2017, 11:13 AM.

Its not surprising that it's a low priority for them. CofD is a pretty niche game, and its heavier focus on social interaction rather than tactical grid combat makes it not as well suited to virtual tabletops like roll20 as combat focused games like D&D. I don't imagine it's very popular on roll20, unfortunately.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      Its not surprising that it's a low priority for them. CofD is a pretty niche game, and its heavier focus on social interaction rather than tactical grid combat makes it not as well suited to virtual tabletops like roll20 as combat focused games like D&D. I don't imagine it's very popular on roll20, unfortunately.
      While its popularity is definitely not on par with D&D, Pathfinder, etc., I have never had trouble finding a full table for a CofD or WoD game. You post a game on there, there will be people interested. And, like I said, the sheets work very well. The built in dice mechanics are pretty much flawless. Its really a shame bc its nearly impossible for me to find a game locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty1Love View Post

While its popularity is definitely not on par with D&D, Pathfinder, etc., I have never had trouble finding a full table for a CofD or WoD game. You post a game on there, there will be people interested. And, like I said, the sheets work very well. The built in dice mechanics are pretty much flawless. Its really a shame bc its nearly impossible for me to find a game locally.
        Oh yeah, there's definitely a community for it. And I'm sure the official sheets are great tools, if the D&D 5e ones are any indication. Just saying, I'm not surprised CofD 2e sheets aren't a high priority for them, due to the games relative popularity. Anyway, best of luck on finding help whipping up some unofficial ones.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty1Love View Post
          So, as some of you may know. Roll20 was recently licensed to create "official" CofD character sheets. I've used them and I can tell you that they work really well and the production value is high. Unfortunately, when it comes to 2nd Edition, the only available variations on the sheet are VtR and WtF. Not only that, but when I contacted the developers for Roll20, I was told that its not high on the priority list right now. I'm really disappointed that they haven't gotten around to adding DtD, PtC 2nd, MtAW 2nd, or BtP. The CSS and HTML for the official sheet is up on GitHub to be reverse engineered for anyone willing to create a custom sheet. Is there ANYONE out there with experience in front end web development (CSS, html, etc) that could create those sheets? I'd even be willing to pay someone to do it (though probably nowhere near as much as what your time is worth).

https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-cha...ess%20Official
          Heya - I also use the sheet accordingly - Beautiful sheets but the lack of updates is disappointing. I very much contacted Steve K. , the dev for the sheet and got a similar response. I would like the additions that you suggest and more if possible...but I'm not sure how :/ - I'd also be willing to chip in for it in terms of $ because I desperately love Roll20 and want to use the sheets to the fullest.

I've contacted other sheet Devs on Roll 20 and suffice to say - I guess it's complicated because they weren't able to help much :/

I made a thread in the character sheet section on Roll 20 - so hoping this thread plus that gains any traction.

Looking on a potential brightside - In December, in the Meeting Notes, there was a response accordingly -

Next, I have a request from Val, our Extended Media Coordinator, for any of you who play on-line on venues like Roll20, or Fantasy Grounds, or over Skype or something similar. What sort of projects do you think we could/should/need to do that you would use as you play on-line? We can see what other companies have created for online gaming, but what are YOU looking for?
          http://theonyxpath.com/looking-back-...meeting-notes/

Hopefully...Hopefully - eventually Onyx Path can get some devs to update those sheets. One has hope - Suffice to say I hear your struggles; I'm playing a crossover game in 2E but the lack of updates ar

Comment

I also wish they'd make a sheet for ephemeral entities.

Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
            Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Originally posted by Octavo View Post
              I also wish they'd make a sheet for ephemeral entities.

Here's hoping....

Comment

I don't know how much time I'll have (fulltime job and side business + gaming) but I am experienced with front end development so I might be able to work on these some on the occasional weekend. No promises though.

Comment

Originally posted by Volke View Post

Here's hoping....
                  Me too. I'm running a Mage/Promethean/mortals crossover, and I sorely need updated, 2nd Edition sheets.

Comment

Finally pulled the repo, starting to make some updates...

Update:
                    All the functional changes are done for adding second editions of every game line that has one as well as Demon and Beast.

Remaining work:

Add backgrounds for new games
                    Add title images for new games
                    Test to be sure its all working correctly (not sure how to do this yet)
                    Last edited by ElvesofZion; 04-30-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

sweet. Just a FYI, someone did post a CofD (NWoD Official) Character Sheet including the Beast the Primordial option in the 2nd edition. I can verify it works, however, I had to actually had to code everything into it myself as something was screwed with it when they imported it into their github. If you want me to upload I can.

Comment

Originally posted by EldritchMinister View Post
                        sweet. Just a FYI, someone did post a CofD (NWoD Official) Character Sheet including the Beast the Primordial option in the 2nd edition. I can verify it works, however, I had to actually had to code everything into it myself as something was screwed with it when they imported it into their github. If you want me to upload I can.
                        Can you? I just popped into my roll 20 but it wasn't updated .

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post
                          Finally pulled the repo, starting to make some updates...

Update:
                          All the functional changes are done for adding second editions of every game line that has one as well as Demon and Beast.

Remaining work:

Add backgrounds for new games
                          Add title images for new games
                          Test to be sure its all working correctly (not sure how to do this yet)

Omg thank youuuu - Question though is how do I get it up - It hasn't updated on my end - It's the one done by Steve K. right?

Comment

I am running Mage 2E on Roll20 and character sheets are definitely an issue. How do we go about using your updated character sheets ‚ÄčElvesofZion?

The Forum Member Also Known as "Mike Holland"

Comment

Once i finish the next bit, I have to submit them to roll20 and they have to merge them in. I have no idea how long that could take.

Volke, I am modifying the 'Official' ones by Steve K. , yes but they wont be in the system yet.

EldritchMinister, is that posted to the roll20 github? or their personal one?

Update:

Pull request is made. It is up to roll20 to accept it now. I didn't change the 'Official' in my copy so they may ask me to change that before it goes in.

I did change it to Chronicles of Darkness instead of nWoD though.
                              Last edited by ElvesofZion; 04-30-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X