Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll20 character sheets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roll20 character sheets

    So, as some of you may know. Roll20 was recently licensed to create "official" CofD character sheets. I've used them and I can tell you that they work really well and the production value is high. Unfortunately, when it comes to 2nd Edition, the only available variations on the sheet are VtR and WtF. Not only that, but when I contacted the developers for Roll20, I was told that its not high on the priority list right now. I'm really disappointed that they haven't gotten around to adding DtD, PtC 2nd, MtAW 2nd, or BtP. The CSS and HTML for the official sheet is up on GitHub to be reverse engineered for anyone willing to create a custom sheet. Is there ANYONE out there with experience in front end web development (CSS, html, etc) that could create those sheets? I'd even be willing to pay someone to do it (though probably nowhere near as much as what your time is worth).

    https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-cha...ess%20Official
    Last edited by Matty1Love; 04-06-2017, 11:13 AM.

  • #2
    Its not surprising that it's a low priority for them. CofD is a pretty niche game, and its heavier focus on social interaction rather than tactical grid combat makes it not as well suited to virtual tabletops like roll20 as combat focused games like D&D. I don't imagine it's very popular on roll20, unfortunately.


    Onyx Path Forum Moderator

    My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      Its not surprising that it's a low priority for them. CofD is a pretty niche game, and its heavier focus on social interaction rather than tactical grid combat makes it not as well suited to virtual tabletops like roll20 as combat focused games like D&D. I don't imagine it's very popular on roll20, unfortunately.
      While its popularity is definitely not on par with D&D, Pathfinder, etc., I have never had trouble finding a full table for a CofD or WoD game. You post a game on there, there will be people interested. And, like I said, the sheets work very well. The built in dice mechanics are pretty much flawless. Its really a shame bc its nearly impossible for me to find a game locally.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Matty1Love View Post

        While its popularity is definitely not on par with D&D, Pathfinder, etc., I have never had trouble finding a full table for a CofD or WoD game. You post a game on there, there will be people interested. And, like I said, the sheets work very well. The built in dice mechanics are pretty much flawless. Its really a shame bc its nearly impossible for me to find a game locally.
        Oh yeah, there's definitely a community for it. And I'm sure the official sheets are great tools, if the D&D 5e ones are any indication. Just saying, I'm not surprised CofD 2e sheets aren't a high priority for them, due to the games relative popularity. Anyway, best of luck on finding help whipping up some unofficial ones.


        Onyx Path Forum Moderator

        My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Matty1Love View Post
          So, as some of you may know. Roll20 was recently licensed to create "official" CofD character sheets. I've used them and I can tell you that they work really well and the production value is high. Unfortunately, when it comes to 2nd Edition, the only available variations on the sheet are VtR and WtF. Not only that, but when I contacted the developers for Roll20, I was told that its not high on the priority list right now. I'm really disappointed that they haven't gotten around to adding DtD, PtC 2nd, MtAW 2nd, or BtP. The CSS and HTML for the official sheet is up on GitHub to be reverse engineered for anyone willing to create a custom sheet. Is there ANYONE out there with experience in front end web development (CSS, html, etc) that could create those sheets? I'd even be willing to pay someone to do it (though probably nowhere near as much as what your time is worth).

          https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-cha...ess%20Official
          Heya - I also use the sheet accordingly - Beautiful sheets but the lack of updates is disappointing. I very much contacted Steve K. , the dev for the sheet and got a similar response. I would like the additions that you suggest and more if possible...but I'm not sure how :/ - I'd also be willing to chip in for it in terms of $ because I desperately love Roll20 and want to use the sheets to the fullest.

          I've contacted other sheet Devs on Roll 20 and suffice to say - I guess it's complicated because they weren't able to help much :/

          I made a thread in the character sheet section on Roll 20 - so hoping this thread plus that gains any traction.

          Looking on a potential brightside - In December, in the Meeting Notes, there was a response accordingly -

          Next, I have a request from Val, our Extended Media Coordinator, for any of you who play on-line on venues like Roll20, or Fantasy Grounds, or over Skype or something similar. What sort of projects do you think we could/should/need to do that you would use as you play on-line? We can see what other companies have created for online gaming, but what are YOU looking for?
          http://theonyxpath.com/looking-back-...meeting-notes/

          Hopefully...Hopefully - eventually Onyx Path can get some devs to update those sheets. One has hope - Suffice to say I hear your struggles; I'm playing a crossover game in 2E but the lack of updates ar

          Comment


          • #6
            I also wish they'd make a sheet for ephemeral entities.


            Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
            Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Octavo View Post
              I also wish they'd make a sheet for ephemeral entities.

              Here's hoping....

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't know how much time I'll have (fulltime job and side business + gaming) but I am experienced with front end development so I might be able to work on these some on the occasional weekend. No promises though.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Volke View Post


                  Here's hoping....
                  Me too. I'm running a Mage/Promethean/mortals crossover, and I sorely need updated, 2nd Edition sheets.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X