Early subtitles of existing gamelines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early subtitles of existing gamelines

Hello! I'm not sure if I have right to ask such a thing, because my question is addressed directly to developers, but I was always wondered: what alternative subtitles of existing gamelines was considered before you decided to give a Vampire the subname Requiem, Mummy - the subname Curse, et cetera. Hope it is normal to ask this question!

​P.S.: English is not my native language. Sorry if my topic looks clumsy in some parts.

The only one I'm aware of is CofD Demon, which wasn't "the Descent" when we were writing it, but changed in Development.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

Sometimes I like to pretend it was "Mummy the Descent" since it's the foundation of their existence and major mechanic, but was changed because demons descend from Heaven and mummies are cursed, you know like Curse of the Mummy titles

Comment

Heartfelt thanks for answers! Mr. Brookshaw, can I ask what was the supposed name of Demon - of course, if it's appropriate.
        ​Reseru, so Mummy was "the Descent" from the start?

Comment

No, Mummy was always the Curse. It was out for a year or more before Demon's name changed.

Not my place to say what Demon's name was.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

Of course! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
              Reseru, so Mummy was "the Descent" from the start?
              No, that's why I said I pretend

Comment

My bad) Thank you again!

Comment

Demon was, at one point, "The Exodus." There was also some very preliminary talk in 2010 of tweaking the naming convention and calling Mummy "Mummy: Arise."

I can't recall us changing other names, though some games took a while to get subtitles.

Rose Bailey
                  Onyx Path Development Producer
                  Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                    I can't recall us changing other names, though some games took a while to get subtitles.
                    Like Deviant?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Oh, thank you Rose!)
                      ​By the way, didn't know that Mummy was discussed as a gameline in 2010, so thanks twice for the information!

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                        Oh, thank you Rose!)
                        ​By the way, didn't know that Mummy was discussed as a gameline in 2010, so thanks twice for the information!
                        We were talking about it as far back as 2009, if I recall correctly.

Rose Bailey
                        Onyx Path Development Producer
                        Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Oh, this changes the picture of development I always imagined) Thanks, cool to find out something like that in retrospective!

Comment

Working...
                          X