Simple Second Sight Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Second Sight Update

So, I went through my Second Sight book and updated as many merits as I could into 2nd edition Supernatural merits, mostly just for the fun of it, but perhaps to allow my players in a couple of games I take part in to use. I'd like a bit of feedback though, as they're not all direct 1 to 1 conversions (especially where ephemeral entities are involved). You can find it here: Second Sight Conversions.

To note, I didn't convert anything that has an equivalent already, for obvious reasons, or a few things that I just dislike being a thing to begin with.

Obviously, I consolidated Psychic Merits and Thaumaturgy into just both being supernatural merits, and only bothered with one version where appropriate. In a couple cases, I renamed them so they don't match either one, too.
    I also did my best to remove the prerequisite chains that everybody hated, but a few I kept a single prerequisite merit for, or provided a few different options instead of a chain of needed merits.
    Last edited by falco1029; 04-15-2017, 02:32 AM.

My CofD Homebrew

Definitely going to give these Merits a look.
    x3

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Not bad. But why did you merged Invocation and Evocation into a single merit ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
        Not bad. But why did you merged Invocation and Evocation into a single merit ?
        I felt like the first level mostly did the same thing for both of them, so it made sense to just have the 4 dot abilities be a set of addons to a base summoning power.

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by falco1029 View Post

I felt like the first level mostly did the same thing for both of them, so it made sense to just have the 4 dot abilities be a set of addons to a base summoning power.
          To be fair , I have problems imagining a human thaumaturge lasting long while bossing around spirits or ghosts without having the option of negotiating or placating them. Stick and carrot.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post

To be fair , I have problems imagining a human thaumaturge lasting long while bossing around spirits or ghosts without having the option of negotiating or placating them. Stick and carrot.
            Probably not, but that won't stop some from trying!

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by falco1029 View Post

Probably not, but that won't stop some from trying!

After all, what could go wrong?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I removed some prerequisites and tweaked a few wordings after rereading my work.

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

Working...
                X