Do supernatural beings have ghosts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do supernatural beings have ghosts?

Hello. I was wondering, do any supernatural beings aside from mages have ghosts?

Demons and Mummies can, after a fashion. Funnily enough, they don't need to die to do that.

When a Demon claims someone's life through a Soul Pact and later annihilates it through Going Loud, this might create a Ghost of that person, contaminated with God-Machine modifications.

Mummies, on the other hand, undergo multiple death-resurrection cycles. Occasionally, this might create a supercharged Ghost from a Descent they've forgotten.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Hollow Mekhet have Ghost-like dopplegangers. Otherwise, vampires don't tend to leave ghosts as far as I know.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Every Sin-Eater has a ghost. It's just not their ghost. Usually.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
          Hollow Mekhet have Ghost-like dopplegangers. Otherwise, vampires don't tend to leave ghosts as far as I know.
          I think there is one in Wicked Dead, but I'm not sure. Will have to check.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
          I now blog in here

Comment

She's in Immortal Sinners.

But, basically, nothing seems to explicitly forbid ghosts of supernatural things, and since there's ghosts of towns and animals and humans and mages it seems like they would exist.
            Last edited by nofather; 05-05-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
              She's in Immortal Sinners.

But, basically, nothing seems to explicitly forbid ghosts of supernatural things, and since there's ghosts of towns and animals and humans and mages it seems like they would exist.
              Ghosts of ghosts?

Comment

Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
                Ghosts of ghosts?
                Like Geist Death-Masks?

Comment

Except a deathmask is the direct continuation of a geist's remains while ghosts are generated separate from the original.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                  Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                    I think there is one in Wicked Dead, but I'm not sure. Will have to check.
                    "tend to" being the operative phrase. It wouldn't be CofD if there wasn't an exception to every general tendency.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

At least in 1st ed, it specifies that diablerised vampires never leave behind ghosts, which at least implies that others vampires leave them behind normally. Although that was early first ed so it may well have been retconned.

Comment

Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
                        Every Sin-Eater has a ghost. It's just not their ghost. Usually.
                        In 2e, Sin-Eaters are their ghosts.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                          In 2e, Sin-Eaters are their ghosts.
                          I don't think it was explicitly confirmed. Just hinted to as a possibility. But I might remember wrong.

An explanation: Since the soul leaves the body immediately after death it's unable to negotiate with the geist. (There's nothing that supports that souls even hav a consciousness.) It was suggested that it could be the ghost of the recently deceased who bargains with the geist, meaning a Bound would be two ghosts bound together with a body who originally didn't house either (since ghosts are not direct continuations of people).
                          Last edited by Tessie; 05-06-2017, 10:18 AM.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                          Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                            Except a deathmask is the direct continuation of a geist's remains while ghosts are generated separate from the original.
                            So that would make Deathmasks... corpses of Ghosts?

Comment

I'm having a thought. Changelings get bits of their souls torn up when they escape the Hedge (and stiching themselves back together with Faerie stuff arguable makes them Changelings). Mages can make ghosts from Soul Stones, which are bits of a person's soul. Do you suppose that what a Changeling leaves behind could become a Hedge Ghost?

(It's possible somebody has already said something official about it, in which case I need to pay more attention.)
                              Last edited by malonkey1; 05-06-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X