Blood of Monsters working on humans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood of Monsters working on humans

I look over for information of how blood of various monster race ( Major Templates ) is working on normal humans. I remember that vampire blood is addictive, but heal damages. There were also something about changeling’s blood giving hallucinations to drinker. Can you confirm those based on official books? What about other monsters? I tried to look for werewolves, but looking for information about blood in book called Blood of Wolf is a bit tedious…

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Almost all the available information on how a given type of monster blood affects characters is routed through the lens of Vampire, because there isn't a default assumption that consuming monster blood does anything as a mortal outside of the game full of blood magic.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Yes, that's for vampires drinking the blood of monsters, humans don't get anything unless they drink vampire Vitae, which is addictive and leaves a blood bond. It does not heal damage. If the vampire turns a drinker into a ghoul, the ghoul may use Vitae to heal.

That is, barring magic powers that do something to blood. Alchemists can apparently do rituals and arcane chemistries to make use of promethean blood, for instance, and there's probably an ability out there to turn one monster's blood acidic to assist with self defense.
      Last edited by nofather; 05-30-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        and there's probably an ability out there to turn one monster's blood acidic to assist with self defense.
        There's a Crúac ritual that turns a vampire's Vitae into a venomous poison (the book's words; not mine) that damages everyone that drinks it directly from the vampire.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

THis is not backed by the material, but I'm almost convinced that a improperly handled transfusion of werewolf blood probably causes cancer.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Female pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            THis is not backed by the material, but I'm almost convinced that a improperly handled transfusion of werewolf blood probably causes cancer.
            Why? Does not Uratha blood is superregenerative?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
              venomous poison (the book's words; not mine)
              ಠ_ಠ
              Last edited by Charlaquin; 05-30-2017, 01:57 PM.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Why? Does not Uratha blood is superregenerative?
                That's exactly the problem. Cancer is dangerous because of unchecked cellular replication.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                  Or wolfbloodedness. Or both. Deadpool got a noticeable tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                    Originally posted by Tessie View Post

venomous poison (the book's words; not mine)
                    ಠ_ಠ
                    Well, a venom is something that is intended to be injected into a victim, and poison is something that is intended to be ingested by the victim. So if a vampire can inject their vitae into others to the same effect, it could arguably be both.

I'm trying way to hard to justify this.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

That's exactly the problem. Cancer is dangerous because of unchecked cellular replication.
                      This. This isn't to imply you can't use it to heal/possibly cause wolf-blooded, but you'd have to be very careful with the rate, and it'd have to be fresh. Now I'm not a phlebotomist, but that sounds more than a tad bit complicated.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Female pronouns, please.

Comment

Working...
                      X