Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you.

Comment

• We are now at 491 Votes on Pirate Era gameline and Mage run few percent ahead before Geist even! Changeling is a bit third now.
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-07-2017, 12:16 AM.

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
      MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
      WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

• We are 538 votes on Pirates Era and it looks like we have Mage on weak lead ( only 2-3% ) and perfectly equal Changeling and Geist as second ones. I start to think we return to DE 1 Kickstater 'my own favorite gameline' contest votes were going by half of event then, not what's really logical for the Era. Prepare for all Streach Goals Eras to be Mage, Changeling and maybe Vampire from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          We are 538 votes on Pirates Era and it looks like we have Mage on weak lead ( only 2-3% ) and perfectly equal Changeling and Geist as second ones. I start to think we return to DE 1 Kickstater 'my own favorite gameline' contest votes were going by half of event then, not what's really logical for the Era. Prepare for all Streach Goals Eras to be Mage, Changeling and maybe Vampire from now on.
          Your argument falls apart when you consider that Vampire won none of the DE1 polls and Mummy - arguably the least-popular line - won several.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Your argument falls apart when you consider that Vampire won none of the DE1 polls and Mummy - arguably the least-popular line - won several.

Yeah, I looked only on number of topics and posts of gamlines subforums - but I remember that DE1 corebook did not have ( almost ) any Vampire Era. It's probably because Requiem has ALREADY two unofficial Dark Eras-like books, solely for Kindred - Requiem for Rome and Ancient Mysteries. Other major gamelines got only one Dark Eras-like material - I mean Wolves of Bau for Werewolf, Mage Noir and Victorian Changeling.

Mummy won so many probably because of 'need of books' to it ( and how Mummy is historically centered game in it's all ) - and that in DE 1 corebook people were not sure to expect from Streach Goals, so voted on it dedicated minority in fandom.

But I think we will see if Changeling, instead of Geist, will become Pirate Dark Era.
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-07-2017, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• ( Double Post, sorry )

Comment

• Actually I believe Mummy only won one vote: the Cleopatra Era, which was surprising more because it was 'just another' Egyptian time for the game, which just had Sothis Ascends released. The Mutapa Kingdom Era was included, if I remember, because of a backer requesting its inclusion.

So I might make the argument that Mummy wasn't that popular. Just had a couple die hard backer fans, including myself. The polls were pretty dominated by Mage, Changeling, and maybe Demon.

Comment

• I apologize if this is the wrong area, but would 1963 (when J.F. Kennedy was assassinated, and Doctor Who first aired) or 1969 (when America stepped onto the moon) bad ideas for eras to suggest for the book to have? I honestly don't know if either of them are appealing, but I can see either era working for a Demon line, given the stresses involved?

Comment

We are 538 votes on Pirates Era and it looks like we have Mage on weak lead ( only 2-3% ) and perfectly equal Changeling and Geist as second ones. I start to think we return to DE 1 Kickstater 'my own favorite gameline' contest votes were going by half of event then, not what's really logical for the Era. Prepare for all Streach Goals Eras to be Mage, Changeling and maybe Vampire from now on.
                    Nah, Changeling may be getting a boost from its popularity, but Mage and Geist are favored here because of strong era associations. Mage has the Nassau conflict as a plot hook in its 2nd Edition core. Geist was the pick for Golden Age of Piracy in the first Dark Eras poll.

I'm sure if we weren't looking at the Golden Age of Piracy and instead were looking at the Jazz Age, we'd be seeing Vampire surge way past Mage (though Geist would likely still be strong); while Meiji Restoration is a fan favorite for Werewolf; etc etc.

If we had pre-Mutiny India or the birth of the Haudenosaunee, I'd be campaigning hard for Hunter.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
                      I apologize if this is the wrong area, but would 1963 (when J.F. Kennedy was assassinated, and Doctor Who first aired) or 1969 (when America stepped onto the moon) bad ideas for eras to suggest for the book to have? I honestly don't know if either of them are appealing, but I can see either era working for a Demon line, given the stresses involved?
                      1969 is official time of return of first four Idigams from Moon in Werewolf - and start of Great Hunt we now have from that time. Adding whole Vietnam War would be really cool, even with it's political baggage - and we still would have Asia Era location. So I'm all for Werewolf in 1969 year, and could see Demon as working with that on double gameline Era.
                      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-07-2017, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Wild West I'd like to think would be a tough fight between Geist and Demon.

I do hope we get a Promethean/Demon crossover era that sticks its toe in the Quashmallim v G-M Angels waters.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                          Wild West I'd like to think would be a tough fight between Geist and Demon.
                          Oh, no, no, no - Wild West NEED to be Werewolf. It can be Werewolf + Geist but this time and place is perfect for stories of Uratha on great hunts. Plus conflict between Natives American and Colonial Uratha.

Comment

Oh, no, no, no - Wild West NEED to be Werewolf. It can be Werewolf + Geist but this time and place is perfect for stories of Uratha on great hunts. Plus conflict between Natives American and Colonial Uratha.
                            Apocalypse already gave us one take on Wild West Werewolves. Let someone else have some fun with it.

The rails are absolutely the most perfect representation of the God-Machine in human history.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• That'd be a hard sell mostly because of Werewolf the Apocalypse having a book in the Wild West. The same Dark Era at least already had Geist attached to it for a poll.

Comment

• the main reason that I don't find the Wold West Geist/Werewolf as interesting is that we already have two Eras which combine those splats. Doing too many Crossover Eras with the same Crossover is just lazy.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
                                I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                                X