Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Let's say it does get announced; how many years between that and release? Two? Three?
    Well, it was about two years to get Dark Eras to backers from the initial Kickstarter. If nofather is correct in speculating that all the chapters in DE 2 will be voted on, I wouldn't be surprised if it took that long again. If Mummy 2e were to be announced this year, it could work.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Am I getting it right that DE2 Kickstarter will be BEFORE this year Gen-Con? This would imply we will have it as 2017 July Kickstaterter, yes?

My various Dark Eras fan stuff hub
      Byzantine Empire and Eastern Europe in Early Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
      Conquer of Paradise – Portugal and Spain and their conquests in XVI century
      My Hacks and Z-Splats for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E

Comment

I doubt Mummy 2e will be done before this is, and really can't get excited to see it likely continue getting 1e content this many years into the new edition.
        Mummy should have been 2e from the beginning, unfortunately hind sight is 20/20, I don't think Mummy needs a full new write up, just a basic rules update.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          Am I getting it right that DE2 Kickstarter will be BEFORE this year Gen-Con? This would imply we will have it as 2017 July Kickstaterter, yes?
          Looks like it. In the post he says it's the next Kickstarter they're going to do, and in the comments that Rose's Cavaliers of Mars will be the first one they do after GenCon, providing she wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
            Barring a surprise announcement at this year's GenCon for a MtC2.

Actually, wasn't there a thing about how MtC was getting close to, or had completed, its' planned run of sourcebooks?
            I literally just got the Rio Source book a matter of months ago, so to here it's getting a new corebook, instead of a simple 2e rules update, would be unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
              Mummy should have been 2e from the beginning, unfortunately hind sight is 20/20, I don't think Mummy needs a full new write up, just a basic rules update.
              Second edition wasn't a thing when Mummy was written. So sure it would be nice but it also would have been impossible.

Comment

Let's say it does get announced; how many years between that and release? Two? Three?
                I think the Rio sourcebook and Cleopatra Era were sort of middle roads between first and second edition. Maybe we could expect something similar. Geist and Deviant were in planning for over a year, so possibly there's already an idea of what Mummy will be in 2e. To the Strongest was second edition initially but OP wanted it to be first edition before the backer updated it back to second edition. So there's precedent for it to be quasi-updated, at least.

I'm very surprised that the Kickstarter will be next. According to the 'gameline per year' outdated paradigm Deviant should've been last year right? I know first drafts haven't started but it's disappointing it won't get its KS this year either. I just hope there's a chapter for it in the new Dark Eras.

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
                  I'm very surprised that the Kickstarter will be next. According to the 'gameline per year' outdated paradigm Deviant should've been last year right?
                  Don't know about it being released last year. But considering the late start it's gotten, I think we'd be lucky to see Deviant get released this year.

Probably won't get released until 2018.

Comment

Oh no, I wasn't expecting/hoping for its release last year, just the Kickstarter. There wasn't one for Chronicles of Darkness, was there?

Comment

Oh no, I wasn't expecting/hoping for its release last year, just the Kickstarter. There wasn't one for Chronicles of Darkness, was there?
                      No, there was never a KS for the CofD rulebook.

...granted I don't think it would be necessary to have one anyways. Especially since we sorta already got that book in the form of the GMC. This book just beefed up the rulebook section.

Also, to be fair to Deviant, apparently it getting to a late start wasn't by choice. I believe there was something about issues on Dave Brookshaw's end that prevented him from moving forward with Deviant's outline (and subsequently all of the MtAw books in development were slowed to a crawl).

I'm ok with the wait. Got a helluva backlog of books to read through until then.

Comment

I meant Chronicles of Darkness as a product line, not the core blue book. Like, there wasn't a Kickstarter for any CofD games last year, right?

Comment

I meant Chronicles of Darkness as a product line, not the core blue book. Like, there wasn't a Kickstarter for any CofD games last year, right?
                          They cut back on Kickstarters during 2016. The last Chronicles one was Beast, in 2015. Then Werewolf the Apocalypse's Shattered Dreams, and Changeling 20, both in 2015. There were 5 in 2015 in total. In 2014, too.

In 2016, there was Pugmire, Beckett's Jyhad Diary and Scion.

Comment

Oh in that case...yeah, there wasn't any.

We had Dark Eras 1 and Beast finally getting released last year, but that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

The power-creep is on that level at least.

2 years from pledge to release? Glad I don't back any of this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                                2 years from pledge to release? Glad I don't back any of this stuff.
                                The book came within a year for Mummy. Dark Eras core, as well. It's your prerogative not to back things but outside of Exalted and Wraith things have gone at a fairly good pace.

Comment

Working...
                                X