No announcement yet.

Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell me,if one of backers allowed to add splats to eras had suggested Inferno,would Inferno have been added? I really wante to suggest it for the seven wonders but i didnt had the money

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Can you tell me,if one of backers allowed to add splats to eras had suggested Inferno,would Inferno have been added? I really wante to suggest it for the seven wonders but i didnt had the money
      We did ask about minor splats and blue book, but the Devs requested we stick to main gamelines. So no, Inferno would have been a no-go.

CofD booklists:
      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

It's my general problem with Mummy: The Curse as gameline - HOW 'Egypt area only' mummies are found around world? But I think it's problem to general Mummy's forum, so this will go there, in new topic I do.
        Because it would be an untrue statement about the game line? Long story short, after their first awakening the Arisen en mass dispersed from their original lands to far flung parts of the globe. Also the game line leaves open mummies who found themselves interred in outposts of the Empire.
        Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 10-20-2017, 04:21 PM.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

• Sigh, so bummed at no werewolf-knights... damned confused that they ended up in Egypt but to each their prey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
            Sigh, so bummed at no werewolf-knights... damned confused that they ended up in Egypt but to each their prey.
            I think it was said once or twice that any case of Werewolf and Egypt could end up involving Wepwawet in once form or another, but I don't remember who said it and where, or if the claim would still be valid for this Era.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
            I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
              I think it was said once or twice that any case of Werewolf and Egypt could end up involving Wepwawet in once form or another, but I don't remember who said it and where, or if the claim would still be valid for this Era.
              It was explicitly mentioned in the elevator pitch for adding Werewolves to this era.

CofD booklists:

Comment

• My other pitch was for Qing era werewolves. With a focus on the Pure being in power as drivers behind the Qing (Pure) Dynasty.

Comment

• Considering that The Arisen have setting books for Washington DC and Rio De Janeiro, that the Scandinavian lands have had trade relations with the middle east and african nations for centuries.((there has been found a lot of coins from the caliphate in visby for example)) And that the Arisen have been extensively traveling for millenia, i don't see why they can't be in Scandinavia. Especially if something sufficiently interesting is occurring there to draw their attention to the place.

Comment

• consider also that there is a significantly larger distance between Egypt and China as compared to Egypt and Scandinavia, and i am pretty sure it becomes less unrealistic. I don't see any outcry against the last imperials for starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caedus View Post
                      consider also that there is a significantly larger distance between Egypt and China as compared to Egypt and Scandinavia, and i am pretty sure it becomes less unrealistic. I don't see any outcry against the last imperials for starters.
                      Or Rio for that matter, where Mummies have been since long before this era, and which is almost twice as far away as Scandinavia, AND which has no land route to connect them.

CofD booklists:

Comment

• Originally posted by Caedus View Post
                        consider also that there is a significantly larger distance between Egypt and China as compared to Egypt and Scandinavia, and i am pretty sure it becomes less unrealistic. I don't see any outcry against the last imperials for starters.
                        Because there have long been trade routes to India, from the middle east, as well as from China. Travel there is fairly reasonable.
                        But yeah, I agree with Rio as well. It's a stupid place.
                        Mummies fit in places with lots of history of civilization, and a reasonable assumption that one could get there from the near- and middle east.
                        So, The Middle East, African East Coast, all around the Mediterranean, Persia, India, Indochina, and China. And due to the rationalization of Infrastructure portals, Mesoamerica. Beyond that, it feels way too contrived.
                        No real reason to be in the place, and no reasonable way to get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post

Because there have long been trade routes to India, from the middle east, as well as from China. Travel there is fairly reasonable.
                          Mummies fit in places with lots of history of civilization, and a reasonable assumption that one could get there from the near- and middle east.
                          So, The Middle East, African East Coast, all around the Mediterranean, Persia, India, Indochina, and China. And due to the rationalization of Infrastructure portals, Mesoamerica. Beyond that, it feels way too contrived.
                          Good thing that Scandinavia was never known for its extensive trade routes, and those Viking blokes had no interaction with the outside world. Gosh, imagine how silly we’d feel if they’d made it as far as Byzantium.

Comment

and no reasonable way to get there.
                            They mostly went by boat. There are a few pre-columbian mummies who got there by weird event, but most just got on a ship after the Portuguese conquest.

Comment

So genuine question that is not meant to be snarky or sarcastic. Have you read Cursed Necropolis: Rio? Because actually does seem to be a really damn good reason for Mummies to be there.

There's Relic architecture that predates the Rite of Return by thousands of years buried beneath the city. And it really messes with a Mummy's memories and power levels.

That is more than enough impetus for Fate or the Judges to send Mummies to South America. And I really do think that saying there is no reasonable way for Mummies to make it across the Atlantic when the Arisen are sacred walking corpses with biblical superpowers capable of nudging fate so that asteroids fall on top of their enemies is over the top in terms of expectations.

CofD booklists:

Comment

• Like, there's literally a power that let's them open a portal and go wherever Fate thinks they ought to end up, the Shan'iatu literally set up way points to let them go anywhere in the world, we're talking about people from a civilization that pushed technological advancements like whoa, and that's before you account for them working with and manipulating other splats and powers to their own ends.

When the world is made on the principles you laid down, you find ways to travel the whole of it sooner or later, regardless of how large it is. Destination is a state of mind.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                                Work Blog Coming Soon
                                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X