No announcement yet.

Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised that only every other Merit dot grants you a boon of some sort. I was sure 2nd Editions moved away from empty Merit dots in their design.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

• Originally posted by Teatime View Post
      I'm surprised that only every other Merit dot grants you a boon of some sort. I was sure 2nd Editions moved away from empty Merit dots in their design.
      Presumably all of the other benefits of Status apply at the 'empty' levels.

Comment

• Wrong thread.

Comment

• This month's update is from the Scandinavian Witch Trials, which is pretty cool since it is a) one of the eras I am most anticipating, b) is Mummy oriented, and c) not something I've had a peek at yet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2489551

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• This month's update is from Seven Wonders!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/2517488

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Has anything been said about the French Revolution or the Qing settings?

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                Has anything been said about the French Revolution or the Qing settings?
                I don't think there's been any bond fide previews of either chapter.

Comment

• Not yet, but there most likely will be! I submitted a preview of some Demon stuff from Reign of Terror to be previewed at an as-yet-unknown time.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                  Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

• Is there any particular focus for the Thousand and One Nights era? I’ve been skeptical since the Kickstarter of a historical setting that spans five hundred years and like, everywhere from Iberia to Anatolia.

Edit: Similar concerns about the span of the Qing setting; a 1700s game will feel very different than one set after the Boxer Rebellion, so I’m a little nervous about one chapter doing all that justice.
                    Last edited by atamajakki; 05-31-2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Is there any particular focus for the Thousand and One Nights era? I’ve been skeptical since the Kickstarter of a historical setting that spans five hundred years and like, everywhere from Iberia to Anatolia.
                      There is! The KS dates were based on an early pitch for the era; once the eras were assigned to the developers, I narrowed the scope so that 1001 Nights is an Islamic Golden Age era set in 832 CE, with the stories as a backdrop encompassing some supernatural shenanigans.

Edit: and it focuses mostly on Baghdad with a little tour of other places and the weirdness that happens there.
                      Last edited by Meghan Fitzgerald; 05-31-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meghan Fitzgerald View Post

There is! The KS dates were based on an early pitch for the era; once the eras were assigned to the developers, I narrowed the scope so that 1001 Nights is an Islamic Golden Age era set in 832 CE, with the stories as a backdrop encompassing some supernatural shenanigans.

Edit: and it focuses mostly on Baghdad with a little tour of other places and the weirdness that happens there.
                        One step closer to the Cordoba Vampire game I’ve wanted to run for a few years now.

Comment

One step closer to the Cordoba Vampire game I’ve wanted to run for a few years now.
                          In fact, Cordoba is one of the other locations covered in brief!

Comment

• And I have ideas for what could happen in the Cordoban Caliphate and the later Emirates, be it something for later books or that I stick in the Vault.

Oh yeah, I'm one of the two authors on this chapter. I don't think I ever spelled that out, but I figured most people know me could guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                              And I have ideas for what could happen in the Cordoban Caliphate and the later Emirates, be it something for later books or that I stick in the Vault.

Oh yeah, I'm one of the two authors on this chapter. I don't think I ever spelled that out, but I figured most people know me could guess.
                              Eyes Emoji.

Comment

• Post-Editing Development!

Comment

Working...
                                X