No announcement yet.

Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so correct me if I am wrong but The Bron are the first 2e player bloodline? I know they talk about bloodlines in the core but don't give any examples. do any of the other books have bloodlines in them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
      so correct me if I am wrong but The Bron are the first 2e player bloodline? I know they talk about bloodlines in the core but don't give any examples. do any of the other books have bloodlines in them?
      The Morbus showed up in the Dark Eras Companion, while a number of 2e Bloodlines were presented in the blog.

Anyway, as I currently don't have money to get the book- is there anything cool to expect in terms of Hunter? What are the new compacts and conspiracies? Also, are there new Vampire covenants?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
        The Morbus showed up in the Dark Eras Companion, while a number of 2e Bloodlines were presented in the blog.

Anyway, as I currently don't have money to get the book- is there anything cool to expect in terms of Hunter? What are the new compacts and conspiracies? Also, are there new Vampire covenants?

Hunter I will need to double-check. There are at least two new compacts. IIRC there are seven new covenants, one bloodline, one clan, and two new types of Blood Sorcery (plus a handful of merits and devotions) across three chapters.

Vampire got a lot of goodies in this book.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World, Wild Hunt

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Hunter I will need to double-check. There are at least two new compacts. IIRC there are seven new covenants, one bloodline, one clan, and two new types of Blood Sorcery (plus a handful of merits and devotions) across three chapters.

Wow- didn't even thought to ask about things such as new Blood Sorcery or clans! That's awesome! I knew I should have saved some money for this..

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Aaaaaand apparently I just had enough in my charged card to get the book!

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Did some of the rules for the merits in the Scandinavian Witch Trials accidentally get left out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

What is the new clan? I know the covenants and the bloodline. but I can't find the clan.

Edit:nevermind I found it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minty View Post
                  Did some of the rules for the merits in the Scandinavian Witch Trials accidentally get left out?

You aren't the only one who thinks that. Won't be the first time, thankfully the first was a beta too (the original Armed and Extremely Dangerous Merit in Deviant was pure fluff. Awesome fluff, but still fluff).

Comment

• Oh good, the Tenth Choir, exactly what I was lookin- GODDAMMIT THERION?!?!?!?!

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Oh good, the Tenth Choir, exactly what I was lookin- GODDAMMIT THERION?!?!?!?!

Would not be surprised if they were accidentally the source for the common name of the Bloodline, if the Antinomians got wind of what they were but not who they were. "Dude, these guys literally wanted to lead a revolution against God. We gotta get some of that next Sabbath!"

Comment

• is there a page missing with the rest of the Keepers of the Covenant attainments, in devil and the deep blue sea? Only the first two appear.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForgeEternal View Post
                          is there a page missing with the rest of the Keepers of the Covenant attainments, in devil and the deep blue sea? Only the first two appear.
                          No--we only included the Attainments the NPC in question actually has because there isn't room to put entire Legacies in a crossover book.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                          Changeling: The Lost developer
                          Mage: The Awakening developer

Comment

• Meghan Fitzgerald Thanks for the quick answer! Any chance of seeing the remaining attainments in another book at some point?

Comment

Oh, and while there is nothing new specifically for Hunter in 1001 Nightmares, I did write a mechanical tidbit that applies to all mortals with Hunter in mind. There should be plenty of ammo in that chapter to run a Hunter chronicle fairly easily.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World, Wild Hunt

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• I was super pleased with how the Arthurian period came out, very nice stuff for everyone involved and it all clicks well. Egypt and WW1 too, fantastic. That's about all I've managed to actually read rather than skim around in so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X