No announcement yet.

Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I want to bring the Tenith Choir into a modern game. they are awesome!

Comment

• hmmm i am curious as the entity called the Bloodless was left out in the end product :O no stats or anythingz.

Ohhhh and a question....The Sobeki were written to be playable...right? Cuz <.< when you make a new changing breed expect em to be played. Now, them having integrity seems problematic...like that should plummet pretty fast

Comment

• Originally posted by Caedus View Post
        hmmm i am curious as the entity called the Bloodless was left out in the end product :O no stats or anythingz.

Ohhhh and a question....The Sobeki were written to be playable...right? Cuz <.< when you make a new changing breed expect em to be played. Now, them having integrity seems problematic...like that should plummet pretty fast

Not in their current form, I don't think. They're not even true werecreatures, they're the results of Death Wolf's nutcase ghostly doppleganger tricking a bunch of corrupt priests into being avatars of her paw-puppet. They're closer to Hosts than Uratha.

That being said, I can see a rebel minority of them catching on and then manipulating the hunger so they aren't as cannibal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caedus View Post
          hmmm i am curious as the entity called the Bloodless was left out in the end product :O no stats or anythingz.

Bloodless are still in there. they are in the French Revolution chapter. its when a vampire decides to feed vitae to a sleeping mummy.

Comment

• Can I say, I love the religious terminology for Galieo-era Deviants? Of course they couch things in terms of Catholicism, it's Italy during the Counter-Reformation. People are going from Super Catholic to Extremely Catholic.

Comment

• I think so far my favorite chapter is the French Revolution. I just really like the stuff they put in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post

Bloodless are still in there. they are in the French Revolution chapter. its when a vampire decides to feed vitae to a sleeping mummy.

it isn't statted they just mentioned it

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post

it isn't statted they just mentioned it

Comment

• So two things I must note as I go through the book-

1) An angel called Zain? Really? Really?...

2) the Eater of Names is coming to end us all!

3) Bird is on the loose! I repeat, Bird is on the loose! Don't look it in the Eye! I repeat, DON"T LOOK IT IN THE EYE! THE EYE IS ALIVE! THE EYE IS ALIVE!
                    Last edited by LostLight; 01-17-2020, 08:52 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                      So two things I must note as I go through the book-

1) An angel called Zain? Really? Really?...
                      Is there something wrong with that name? I plucked it from a list of potential names I was provided during my second draft, but I didn’t research it further, so if it’s problematic, that’s on me.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                      Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                      Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Is there something wrong with that name? I plucked it from a list of potential names I was provided during my second draft, but I didn’t research it further, so if it’s problematic, that’s on me.
                        Like, not problematic, just kind of thing that modern Hebrew native speakers would find funny.

Like, sure Zain is the seventh letter in the hebrew alphabet. It is also the archaic name for a weapon, which makes a lot of sense for an angel. Due to that connotation to a weapon, it is also used in modern hebrew as a slang word for male genitalia.

I mean, again, in the said Era it makes sense, and its meaning as a weapon fits an angel- but the slang term is so deeply rooted in modern hebrew that native speakers probably can't not say "really?" when they look at it :P

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                          Like, not problematic, just kind of thing that modern Hebrew native speakers would find funny.

Like, sure Zain is the seventh letter in the hebrew alphabet. It is also the archaic name for a weapon, which makes a lot of sense for an angel. Due to that connotation to a weapon, it is also used in modern hebrew as a slang word for male genitalia.

I mean, again, in the said Era it makes sense, and its meaning as a weapon fits an angel- but the slang term is so deeply rooted in modern hebrew that native speakers probably can't not say &quot;really?&quot; when they look at it :P
                          Ah, okay. Thank you for telling me. I was worried I’d been offensive with it. Unintentionally hilarious is something I can deal with.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                          Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                          Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• That ancient Kemet Era with Werewolves involved in Death Wolf's war with his own rank 7 shade over the remains of a rotting Pangean is amazing. Just cannot get over how absolutely metal that whole section was.

As a Mage fan, the Golden Age of Piracy section was everything I wanted. Just oozing with disturbing Mysteries and some of the best Order-related plot hooks in any Mage book. The Geist stuff just fit in so well, with Maroons practicing Obeah and Davy Jones as a Reaper. Loved all of it.

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
                            Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
                            Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

• Originally posted by Octavo View Post
                              That ancient Kemet Era with Werewolves involved in Death Wolf's war with his own rank 7 shade over the remains of a rotting Pangean is amazing. Just cannot get over how absolutely metal that whole section was.
                              There's more in WW1.

Comment

• If I had known about the werecrocs I would have backed this. Now I have to regret it.

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD. As: Seraph du Salomon, Voice on the concordance. Unsubtle man reluctantly participating in the business of Magi. Awakening 2E homebrew http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...=1569864567692

Comment

Working...
                                X