Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gryphon's Feather View Post
    If I had known about the werecrocs I would have backed this. Now I have to regret it.
    There’s still time to preorder it through the KS page’s link to backerkit, if that’s something you are interested in doing.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
    Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForgeEternal View Post
      Meghan Fitzgerald Thanks for the quick answer! Any chance of seeing the remaining attainments in another book at some point?
      It's possible! I can make no promises but I would like to explore options to get more full Legacies written up somewhere, sometime.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
      Changeling: The Lost developer
      Mage: The Awakening developer

Comment

• Hey Second Chances , Good job with Thousand and One Nightmares, but I have a big question for you:

Why no Nasir al-Din Tusi? Like, I get the splat choice has it's limits, the Thousand and One Nights needs to be a major played theme, and the sheer amount of scientific and mathematic advancements in the Islamic golden age is A LOT, but still, No direct mention of my man Tusi? That's a missed opportunity right there.
        Last edited by ArcaneArts; 02-07-2020, 09:30 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          Hey Second Chances , Good job with Thousand and One Nightmares, but I have a big question for you:

Why no Nasir al-Din Tusi? Like, I get the splat choice has it's limits, the Thousand and One Nights needs to be a major played theme, and the sheer amount of scientific and mathematic advancements in the Islamic golden age is A LOT, but still, No direct mention of my man Tusi? That's a missed opportunity right there.
          Timeframe. Only place he would have fit was the timeline because everything else’s was tightly focused on 832, a solid four centuries before he was alive. And I had to trim that timeline several times to keep it reasonable. If/when I get a chance to flesh out the Nizari State and/or the Mongol invasions, he’ll get some mentions.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Timeframe. Only place he would have fit was the timeline because everything else’s was tightly focused on 832, a solid four centuries before he was alive. And I had to trim that timeline several times to keep it reasonable. If/when I get a chance to flesh out the Nizari State and/or the Mongol invasions, he’ll get some mentions.
            *checks dates*
            *looks up*

Well my ears are red.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
              *checks dates*
              *looks up*

Well my ears are red.
              XD

All good.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

There’s still time to preorder it through the KS page’s link to backerkit, if that’s something you are interested in doing.
                I did, and I'm glad I could.

The Marshals have amazing implications, and I want more hybrid Y-splats someday.

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD. As: Seraph du Salomon, Voice on the concordance. Unsubtle man reluctantly participating in the business of Magi. Awakening 2E homebrew http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...=1569864567692

Comment

• I miiiight wanna get the pdf and I'm feeling poor already.

Comment

• Somehow, I forgot to finish reading Fear and the Golden Promise of Tomorrow. A lot of neat stuff here, though I am unsure what exactly the Platonic Body Variation is. It doesn't show up anywhere else in the book outside a handful of references to the power in this chapter, and the word "Platonic" occurs a total of 0 times in the Deviant core manuscript. A future teaser of the Clades Companion, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
                      Somehow, I forgot to finish reading Fear and the Golden Promise of Tomorrow. A lot of neat stuff here, though I am unsure what exactly the Platonic Body Variation is. It doesn't show up anywhere else in the book outside a handful of references to the power in this chapter, and the word "Platonic" occurs a total of 0 times in the Deviant core manuscript. A future teaser of the Clades Companion, perhaps?
                      A Variation that got renamed to Rapid Healing, actually. In an early draft, it was a Coactive Variation, the idea being that you had a perfect and inviolable body that constantly worked toward restoring its own perfection. As the thematic elements of each Clade's Variations gelled, a few of them got moved around, and Platonic Body ended up as a Mutant Variation. The "camera shutter" opened at that moment, and the final drafts of Dark Eras 2 got turned in. Then, reviewing the names, Platonic Body didn't sound much like a Mutant Variation, so I renamed it more descriptively as Rapid Healing. By the time of the Deviant Kickstarter, the name change was complete, but Dark Eras 2 hadn't been placed in my hands again, yet, so it still had the old Variation name. It has since been corrected.

The other mysterious Variation in Dark Eras 2 is Natural Weapon, which was originally the Brawl/Weaponry attack power. Because it and Lash were very long and had about 80% overlap, I ended up folding Natural Weapon into Lash, but a sample character in Light of the Sun had Natural Weapon at the time Dark Eras 2 went into editing. Also, the trick of "naming" each Lash effect for easy reference in a stat block didn't exist at the time, so you might notice their absence (or that the numbers don't quite line up, in places where small mechanical adjustments were made to Lash after DE2 finals were turned in). All that was corrected, too.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

Working...
                      X