X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

As of today's Meeting Notes, Dark Eras 2 is the next Kickstarter coming down the hatch. Perhaps surprising, but certainly not unwelcome. We are now solidly out of the phase wishing this would happen in the indeterminante future, to it is happen in a couple of months. Let the rampant speculation begin!

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    So, before Mysterious Frontiers commentary:

I think it would be inappropriate to describe Dark Eras and Dark Eras Companion as uneven in comparison to Dark Eras 2-honestly, the entire project born from that Kickstarter has a lot of eras that are really fun, well researched, and well designed, and that if there is a feeling of unevenness, it has more to do with with the mass of Eras that allows for more chance for stand-outs and plunkers to happen. That said, Dark Eras 2 is remarkably consistent in terms of it's quality, and I don't think it's surprising that when the discussion of favorites came up, it was much more wildly bent to taste. What I'm saying is that this book is sgood and clearly learned from the lessons of DE1.

So, that said, two points regarding Mysterious Frontiers:

1) That's cheating.

2) So the Yukon Gold Rush obviously is not a focus, but it's just close enough that it reinforces for me, as someone who read The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, that someone needs to play him as a Mysterium mage.

That said, I've got a madam-"mayor" of a magic-supported town to design.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    The Tenth Choir did nothing wrong.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

As one of the writers on the era, I'd love to see the elaboration!
    I' half way through the French Revolution, so we'll have to see how it holds out against that and the remaining three, but so far it's definitely in my top four of Dark Eras 2, and when I have that cemented down, I'm definitely gonna give a breakdown.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Need to go to bed, so I might elaborate later, but, uh.

Light of the Sun is my favorite thing.

As one of the writers on the era, I'd love to see the elaboration!

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    So, idle question for Arthur's Britannia.

Mayhaps the answer to the Camelot question is that Arthur is a Beast with CHambers in each locale, Vast Lair, Well Stocked Lair, and the more unproblematic Lair Traits?

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Need to go to bed, so I might elaborate later, but, uh.

Light of the Sun is my favorite thing.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by Marcus View Post
    According to the Monday's note Daek Eras 2 should be at press. Does it means we will be able to download it this Wednesday?
    Don’t think so. DE 2 is “At Press” because it has gone out to Kickstarter backers. The note in the MMNs indicates errata is still being inputed, so a little more patience will be required.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
    This is a tangent, but what would you place between Mage (presumably first, given popular opinion) and Demon?
    Feel it's fairly obviously Mummy, though I'd mark first and second more wibbly considerations.

Leave a comment:

• Marcus
    replied
    According to the Monday's note Daek Eras 2 should be at press. Does it means we will be able to download it this Wednesday?

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
    This is a tangent, but what would you place between Mage (presumably first, given popular opinion) and Demon?
    From the context of prior forum discussion, I think it's probably Mummy.

Leave a comment:

• lnodiv
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Behind the curve as I ever am (my life is a hellscape of things to do), I gotta say I do appreciate Mali's interplay of Hunter and Demon, most particularly in how hunters do fuck around with the third place winner for most-powerful mainline splat.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

I'm inclined to say #4 is closest. It doesn't 'catch' so much as 'marks' the locals as 'legimate' listeners...
    Actually, I'd say it might effect the Hive, rather humans and Begotten. It is unclear, but that just means when the Refrain comes to town, the Brood has a mystery to solve.
    Correct, great idea, and absolutely!

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    Originally posted by Deinos View Post
    Couldn't find anything about the Refrain via a search. Re: the Refrain in 1,001 Nightmares and beasts.

"The Refrain requires a human host to anchor it, giving her constant nightmares, and ends when that human dies. It has two effects for Beasts" and then details Campfire Tales and Immortal Horror, but it isn't clear how it relates to the Refrain.

1. The Refrain is active on the Beast, which allows him to do the scary stories to feed.
    2. The audience is someone who has the Refrain, which allows him to do the scary stories on him.
    3. The Refrain is active on someone, somewhere on the planet, which allows all beasts everywhere to do scary stories to feed.
    4. People catch the Refrain by having scary stories told to them.

I kind of assumed #1, but I'm not sure if beasts are human.
    I'm inclined to say #4 is closest. It doesn't 'catch' so much as 'marks' the locals as 'legimate' listeners...
    Actually, I'd say it might effect the Hive, rather humans and Begotten. It is unclear, but that just means when the Refrain comes to town, the Brood has a mystery to solve.

Leave a comment:

• Deinos
    replied
    Couldn't find anything about the Refrain via a search. Re: the Refrain in 1,001 Nightmares and beasts.

"The Refrain requires a human host to anchor it, giving her constant nightmares, and ends when that human dies. It has two effects for Beasts" and then details Campfire Tales and Immortal Horror, but it isn't clear how it relates to the Refrain.

1. The Refrain is active on the Beast, which allows him to do the scary stories to feed.
    2. The audience is someone who has the Refrain, which allows him to do the scary stories on him.
    3. The Refrain is active on someone, somewhere on the planet, which allows all beasts everywhere to do scary stories to feed.
    4. People catch the Refrain by having scary stories told to them.

I kind of assumed #1, but I'm not sure if beasts are human.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X