X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

Dark Eras 2 Discussion Thread

As of today's Meeting Notes, Dark Eras 2 is the next Kickstarter coming down the hatch. Perhaps surprising, but certainly not unwelcome. We are now solidly out of the phase wishing this would happen in the indeterminante future, to it is happen in a couple of months. Let the rampant speculation begin!

• Grimmi05
    replied
    SO if we pre-ordered it but didn't back( I have the the non errataed pdf) do we get the final product for free?

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Dark Eras 2 is here!

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    It is finally time! Dark Eras 2 is on sale this Wednesday!

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Oh, and in the monthly KS updates, we have a rough window on when they want to get the physical copies out:

As you know, the final PDF version of Dark Eras 2 has been created, and we'll be putting the final PDF and the physical book PoD on sale at DTRPG in a month or so on 5/13.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Oh look at that: while the physical copies are still a ways off, the MMN confirms that DE2 will indeed be getting the standalone Era releases separately from the main book, like how it was originally done with DE1!

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    I’d err toward the latter rather than the former, but more likely the authors just saw an opportunity to stick some extra hooks in for other games. I know I went out of my way to cram as much Werewolf, Mummy, and Hunter goodies into One Thousand and One Nightmares as I could, but that was simply because I like those games.

Actually, I tried to cram in everyone, but especially those three. More Werewolf is always good, Mummy needs more shout-outs, and if the era got a third line it needed to be Hunter, but I digress...

I’d just chalk it up to author appeal.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Still chewing my way through DE2 slowly but surely. Hasn't helped that I've been trying to get to other books that have piled up on my backlog. I've also been jumping around a bit in terms of Eras to read, prioritizing the ones I have the most interest in. So far I've finished reading "The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea", "Reign of Terror", "Mysterious Frontiers", "The Great War" and "Fear and the Golden Promise of Tomorrow".

Currently on "Arthur's Britannia"...and something interesting I noticed. The Uratha get mentioned a lot throughout the Era's write-up. Mentions beyond its section in sidebar explaining what the other non-focus splats were doing, and despite the era being a Vampire/Changeling/Hunter Era. So...

-Was the Era originally conceived to include Werewolf and the mentions are an artifact of that original decision?
    -Or was it there to be narrative connection to the "Forsaken by Rome" Dark Era, since this Era is also supposed to be dealing with the aftermath of the fall of Rome?
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 04-19-2020, 02:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    So, before Mysterious Frontiers commentary:

I think it would be inappropriate to describe Dark Eras and Dark Eras Companion as uneven in comparison to Dark Eras 2-honestly, the entire project born from that Kickstarter has a lot of eras that are really fun, well researched, and well designed, and that if there is a feeling of unevenness, it has more to do with with the mass of Eras that allows for more chance for stand-outs and plunkers to happen. That said, Dark Eras 2 is remarkably consistent in terms of it's quality, and I don't think it's surprising that when the discussion of favorites came up, it was much more wildly bent to taste. What I'm saying is that this book is sgood and clearly learned from the lessons of DE1.

So, that said, two points regarding Mysterious Frontiers:

1) That's cheating.

2) So the Yukon Gold Rush obviously is not a focus, but it's just close enough that it reinforces for me, as someone who read The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, that someone needs to play him as a Mysterium mage.

That said, I've got a madam-"mayor" of a magic-supported town to design.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    The Tenth Choir did nothing wrong.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

As one of the writers on the era, I'd love to see the elaboration!
    I' half way through the French Revolution, so we'll have to see how it holds out against that and the remaining three, but so far it's definitely in my top four of Dark Eras 2, and when I have that cemented down, I'm definitely gonna give a breakdown.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Need to go to bed, so I might elaborate later, but, uh.

Light of the Sun is my favorite thing.

As one of the writers on the era, I'd love to see the elaboration!

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    So, idle question for Arthur's Britannia.

Mayhaps the answer to the Camelot question is that Arthur is a Beast with CHambers in each locale, Vast Lair, Well Stocked Lair, and the more unproblematic Lair Traits?

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Need to go to bed, so I might elaborate later, but, uh.

Light of the Sun is my favorite thing.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by Marcus View Post
    According to the Monday's note Daek Eras 2 should be at press. Does it means we will be able to download it this Wednesday?
    Don’t think so. DE 2 is “At Press” because it has gone out to Kickstarter backers. The note in the MMNs indicates errata is still being inputed, so a little more patience will be required.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X