No announcement yet.

My CofD Blog!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Wyrm,Wyld and Weaver greater than Luna or Helios? They're all part of the Shadow I assume?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acopiltaczet View Post
      Are the Wyrm,Wyld and Weaver greater than Luna or Helios? They're all part of the Shadow I assume?
      Define "greater". The Triad in this cosmology is similar to Lovecraft's story "the Other Gods". Gaea, Luna and Helios are the gods of Earth, with Gaea being the Shadow itself, while Luna and Helios representing primordial and alien powers which control the flow of spiritual Essence (Luna as the idigam, and Helios as a Void Leviathan). Inside of Earth's sphere of influence, the Triad are of equal footing to Gaea and her children, being mysterious and powerful, yet still bound by the rules of the Shadow as dictated by them. Outside of the Shadow, however, in the so called "Beyond", Gaea is simply a single planet, Luna is a scrap of rock and Helios is a dying flame. There are much stranger Void spirits and shapeless entities, above which the Triad rules undisturbed- but in each such "other Shadow", the Triad is bound once more. In the hierarchy of Hisil, Gaea is of Rank 10. When compared to other Shadows, however, she is nothing but a pale, blue dot, of Rank 3-5 at best (it has life, after all), while the Triad are of Rank 10.

It is complicated, sure- but in this cosmology, Rank is subjective. That shard of the Wyrm you see in Earth is not the same you may see in WASP-45, for example, and while the Wyld may be loosing the war in here, it wins on the other side of the cosmos. What Gaea does is attempting to minimize the damage caused when the fundamental forces behind all Shadows wage war in her turf, which is where she has the upper hand.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
        Define "greater". The Triad in this cosmology is similar to Lovecraft's story "the Other Gods". Gaea, Luna and Helios are the gods of Earth, with Gaea being the Shadow itself, while Luna and Helios representing primordial and alien powers which control the flow of spiritual Essence (Luna as the idigam, and Helios as a Void Leviathan). Inside of Earth's sphere of influence, the Triad are of equal footing to Gaea and her children, being mysterious and powerful, yet still bound by the rules of the Shadow as dictated by them. Outside of the Shadow, however, in the so called "Beyond", Gaea is simply a single planet, Luna is a scrap of rock and Helios is a dying flame. There are much stranger Void spirits and shapeless entities, above which the Triad rules undisturbed- but in each such "other Shadow", the Triad is bound once more. In the hierarchy of Hisil, Gaea is of Rank 10. When compared to other Shadows, however, she is nothing but a pale, blue dot, of Rank 3-5 at best (it has life, after all), while the Triad are of Rank 10.

It is complicated, sure- but in this cosmology, Rank is subjective. That shard of the Wyrm you see in Earth is not the same you may see in WASP-45, for example, and while the Wyld may be loosing the war in here, it wins on the other side of the cosmos. What Gaea does is attempting to minimize the damage caused when the fundamental forces behind all Shadows wage war in her turf, which is where she has the upper hand.
        I think I get it. Say,will there be a Lucifer somewhere in your universe?

Comment

I think I get it. Say,will there be a Lucifer somewhere in your universe?
          Yes. I just need to find some time for the last section of the cosmology.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• And this week, I present to you my vision for adapting the yozi from Exalted into the CofD! Not as whole, of course- but each as an interesting setting material which stands on its own. I hope to make a detail writeup for each of the ideas detailed in here. While I plan on writing them by their order in the list, if there is one you are more eager to see I'll gladly write it earlier than expected

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• And here is (very) short post about some concept about templates based around the yozi. Hope you'll like it, and notice I may not be able to post regularly in the next few weeks

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• A few days ago I was wondering if I could somehow adopt the Exalted and/or the WoD splats as foils to the major playable splats in the CofD, and now I stumble upon this.

Well, looks like I’ve got some reading to do...

EDIT: Read the Yozi posts.

Remember how I disagreed with you about the God-Machine being a discrete, physical entity? If you make She Who Lives in Her Name the Machine’s “main server” so to speak, consider my full support give

Oh, and Malfeas sounds like He could be the Primogenitor the Insatiables believe themselves descended from (although BPG says that they’re still from Horrors, just not belonging fully in the Primordial Dream). Or did you already have a deity ready for them? I can’t keep up tracking your pantheon.

Last note, as a Mage fan, Yozis in general sound a lot like hypothetical Rank 6+ Bound.
                Last edited by 21C Hermit; 05-25-2018, 10:31 AM.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                  A few days ago I was wondering if I could somehow adopt the Exalted and/or the WoD splats as foils to the major playable splats in the CofD, and now I stumble upon this.

Well, looks like I’ve got some reading to do...
                  well, I have a number of such ideas scattered through previous blog posts. I could sum them up for you, if you would find it helpful

Oh, and Malfeas sounds like He could be the Primogenitor the Insatiables believe themselves descended from (although BPG says that they’re still from Horrors, just not belonging fully in the Primordial Dream). Or did you already have a deity ready for them? I can’t keep up tracking your pantheon.
                  As I'm trying to base those Powers as RL mythological figures, I've named the Primogenitor as Behemoth (Leilel was the one to suggest it in one earlier thread, actually). There is a deity sum up in here. Anyway, I really feel inspired into tying the Demon City to the Celebrants from the GMC, and connecting it into the Primordial Dream to give a more lovecraftian feeling to it.

Last note, as a Mage fan, Yozis in general sound a lot like hypothetical Rank 6+ Bound.
                  The Yozi and the Infernals are my main inspiration for my Bound/Invoker template concept

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Lost,are you going to finish the last part of the cosmology this week?

Comment

Lost,are you going to finish the last part of the cosmology this week?
                      I can't promise, as this time is a bit busy in RL, but I'll try

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                        I can't promise, as this time is a bit busy in RL, but I'll try
                        Okay,no rush or anything

Comment

• And as I felt I should give you something for this week, even though I lack time to do anything too big, I present to you my updated, complete list of Hunters organization ideas! Hope you'll like it!

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Those are some neat ideas. I'm surprised that I like more of the groups that focus on monsters I'm not normally interested in (not that I dislike them). Things like the Aided sound very nifty.

Comment

• And this week, I have an whole new homebrew/2e update for you- the mysterious Phanariot! (yeah, the guys from Mythologies). Hope you'll like it!

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• And in honor of Geist's Kickstarter, this week's blog post would be about the long waited meeting between the Bleach and Geist universes! Enjoy!

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                                X