No announcement yet.

My CofD Blog!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And for this week, I present to you my blog post about infernal splats! Enjoy!

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Aww, no mention of the Possessed and the conflict between Inferno and the Abyss?

Still don’t agree on that Geist debate back there, but regardless, larval-Bound sound interesting. Sounds like Night Horrors material.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
        Aww, no mention of the Possessed and the conflict between Inferno and the Abyss?
        As the Possessed are an infernal template, and the idea behind that post was creating infernal splat for non infernal templates, talking about them in the post felt a bit redundant. However, there is some "Abyss vs Inferno" thing going in Conjurer's section of the post (as the Shattered are an abyssal template). If I were to do an abyssal version of that post (that is, talking about potential abyssal splats), the possessed would likely appear in it (heck, I could do a God Machine/Underworld/Shadow/etc kind of post for all gamelines. Heck, we could even try to adapt a D&D 4e kind of outlook where you have a "power source" and a "monster type" and see how the two mash together as some sort of an alternative setting).

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Oh, for some reason I thought your Conjurers weren’t Abyssal any more.

Anyways, a “grid” sort where all Main Types get “tainted” by Ephemerals... that sounds fun

EDIT: Wait, iirc we had a Crossover Templates thread already. Maybe it’s better placed there.
          Last edited by 21C Hermit; 08-11-2018, 04:02 AM.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
            EDIT: Wait, iirc we had a Crossover Templates thread already. Maybe it’s better placed there.
            I think that the principle is similar, but the method is different.Instead of making a monster which is both a vampire and a werewolf, for example, you create a vampire which is powered by the spirit world and a werewolf which changed through the powers of Vitae. In that paradigm, for example, the Ulgan would be Shadow-powered Promethean, the Gangrel would be a Vitae based Werewolf, the Mekhet are Sekhem created Vampire, the Acanthus are Faerie birthed Mages, etc, etc. There could also be "subtypes" to allow greater diversity- for example, "Sekhem" would in fact be divided into "Law", "Will", "Fate", "Devourer" and "Life", with each attributing to a different splat. I think that suich an alternative system would be focused more around "making your own monster" kind of thing, than offering a complete set of monsters for each gameline. Just a thought experiment to think about.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• And this week, I'm presenting to you the first post for my Shard- the city states which make the League of Flouriey! Hope you'll like it, and if any of you feel inspired I would welcome any help in writing the rest of the setting! :P

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Oh wow. Oh wow. Wow wow.

I just stumbled across this, and it is a thing of beauty. I've just binged almost the whole thing. I really loved the in-depth and scientific look at Vampire and Werewolf, I hope you continue it sometime! Your cosmology is... really big and I am SO lost and oh Lord I'm going to have to bone up on my mythology. The First Temple Dark Era was great, really like the fact God is left as an open question and not defined in the text, that would be so stifling. Conjurer looks like fun, seeing the Abyss from another perspective, and the focus on time-travel themes. Hope I can throw my two cents in sometime.

Edit: Cleaned it up a bit to break up the Great Wall of Text.
                Oh, and the templates! The ideas! I love the whole Fires of Hell post.

Vampire: I'm rather partial to the proto-Daeva idea, I always liked the Hollow Mekhet. And while on the surface that would dilute the strix connection to them, if we go with multiple Daeva-like Clans coming up separately and later merging into one it can still work. Plus just the fact a genuinely diabolical undead just up and integrated with the rest of these posers probably stuck in their collective craw.

Werewolf: The alternative First Change ideas look really good too, especially reworking the Balam Colop. Call me a cat person. Then again, demonic bulls changing Wolf-Blooded into more demonic bulls has a certain charm.

Mage: The misguided semi-Goetic cult sounds really sweet, and brings to mind musings I've privately had on the possible effects having your Daemon (your Vice, right?) infected into a Deceptor, and then having a testament written about it so it becomes a Dominion. And then I thought "What if a Scelestus Manifested an Acamoth and hot-swapped out his Daemon for it?" I wonder what all this enthusiasm for the infernal, taking a hideously dangerous situation and having a Scelestus say "I can do worse," and prove it by doing spiritual brain surgery on himself so he can cut away a piece of himself and graft in a piece of the Abyss that happens to be the right shape in its place, says about my state of mind? And my love of run-on sentences. Also I think having someone foretell of a time when someone of the suggested Proximi lineage will Awaken would be a cool plot hook.

Promethean: The Sulfurous Refinement is everything I ever wanted from a Promethean antagonist and never knew how to ask for it. I'm guessing the Refinement is probably just as hard to leave as the Centimani, if not harder. The Baalim are great too. I hope the New Dawn is there for them, even if it does bite them in the ass like with the Zeke somehow (knowing demons, there's always a catch).

Changeling: The Court of Hell I'm actually a little confused by, you said they're "infiltrators and parasites" who sell out their friends, but then you say the "Freehold gets freedom," which implies it gets some benefit from this. Just to clarify, is the Freehold in fact safer from other threats with them around despite losing members quietly on the sly? If so it is rather diabolical, I must say. As for the infernal Seeming... wait what? Escape from actual Hell, but then get coaxed into returning of their own free will? That's just... well damn.

Geist: This is a tough choice, but I'd probably go with the Krewe over the new Archetype if only to see how all the other Archetypes find their own ways to Hell. And I heartily approve of the Larvae Bound, I've never played Wraith, but I've heard good things about it and how Larvae Bound would probably work similarly.

Mummy: Well played here, I would never have have thought of subverting the will of the Judges that way. There would probably need to be some research done, a ritual followed, a sacrifice made (but what is another sacrifice in the unlife of a guildmember of the Nameless Empire?) but in the end freedom and eternal life! Now if only the followers of your old Judge would either join you or leave you alone... hell I could see the Deceived taking exception to this (at least the Temakh). Oh, but then we have a choice, Twice Arisen or variant? I lean more towards Twice Arisen if only because other Rites are just... meh.

Demon: The Unchained Hellfire Club gets my vote, unless inspiration strikes and you can work out a different theme to work the Satanic Agenda. I also agree, forcing a Fall doesn't sit well for me. You mentioned in your nitty-gritty post of the Core mechanics on ephemerals that while angels have human-like minds with Virtue and Vice, the lack of Integrity points to them being naturally soulless. Actually makes me wonder if them gaining a "soul" would just naturally flip the Virtue and Vice automatically without any further input. Anyways giving the Exiles more love sounds good to me. Wait...

Beasts: I'm a bit out of touch, I thought they form Hives? But if there aren't any mechanics to hang infernal forbidden fruit off of, Kinship and a Malus Loci for a Den sound excellent. And yes a variant would probably work better than a Family. Horrors may be ephemera of the Astral, but they just don't seem to have anything for the Inferno to latch on to so it can infect them. They are too pure in their expression of primordial fear for something like sin to contaminate them. Unlike spirits which are built to literally be what they eat, or how goetics can be ideas about sin, and ghosts (as with all people) are subject to temptation. In fact, for a corrupted Beast to even work, in order for them to feed they'd have to not only terrorize people, but somehow set it up so their victim sins in their terror? I thought Jigsaw was more of a Slasher than a Beast (and I'll end it there, this is not a place for me to vent about the Saw series). Also Yozis totally rule, Celebrants rock on!

So anyway, like it, hope to see the Darkness of the Abyss version sometime!

Edit: Demons tempting the Conjurers? The Abyss's true representatives among mortals getting tainted by the Inferno? I'll get the popcorn!
                Last edited by KageMCS; 08-18-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Thank you for the kind words, KageMCS! I put a lot of work in my blog, so I'm happy to hear when people like my writings and ideas

As for the "Infernal Court", the Freehold in question is the court itself (it is a "one court Freehold" kinds of thing), and I am seriously considering on making the "infernal conjurers" a "core-book" antagonist for the game. I'll try to make the Abyss version of the post sometime soon!

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• And after a long break (mostly to blame for me working on a 5e adventure for my friends), I'm happy to present to you a new interview- and this time, the Exarchs!.. kinda. You'll see. Hope you'll like it!

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• You know, now that I've been reminded Sophia is "up there," I just realized that no matter what is going on, there is a hierarchy to the Supernal. And I just don't see that flying with the Libertines. So for the Council of Free Assemblies to truly succeed in their metaphysical goals, they can't just overthrow the Exarchs. They need to also somehow overthrow Sophia, and replace her with... what exactly? A set of representatives, perhaps one for each Arcana and one for the Abyss? Gee, wonder what might become of that? If they spot the problem with that, I suppose there's always the Tyranny of the Mob, which brings to mind the "consensual reality" of Ascension. There weren't any problems with that, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X