My CofD Blog!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    I'm rereading the cosmologynposts because I love them. And I gotta some new questions
    What are cofd imbued like?
    what the wendigo phone is a patron of like?
    What are Or Ein* Soph Saints like?
    The Imbued are more or less the same beings they were in CWoD- people who were granted with strange powers from stranger beings in order to fight monsters and other terrors of the night. They treat hunters as "bystanders"- that is, people who know about the darkness, but haven't made the needed sacrifice to become agents of those mysterious, higher powers. What that"sacrifice" actually means is less defined right now, but it would be a certain lose of humanity, and swearing their Creed.

The Wendigo are the children of Deer, the Great Prey, the counterpart of the Great Predator during the time of Pangaea. With their control over Life and Death, Deer was repeatedly hunted and reborn by Wolf, and with each of their deaths some of its Essence was left behind, creating strange, horned shapeshifters. However, when Wolf died, the cycle was broken, and the were-deer went out of balance, with the prey becoming the predators and madness taking over those which held the old blood of the Horned One.

Finally, Saints are meant to be the CofD's Solar Exalts- they are a form of variant mages, Awakened not to the realms of the Supernal but as messengers and prophets of the Powers that Be. Their "Awakening" is always a religious experience, as a certain godlike power reveals itself to them and leads their souls to higher dimensions. Each Saint is based around a single Arcana, which they then manipulate through their skills in order to unlock a variety of effects. The concept is still rough, but I do plan on polishing it and publishing it through the STV when the time would come.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
      The Imbued are more or less the same beings they were in CWoD- people who were granted with strange powers from stranger beings in order to fight monsters and other terrors of the night. They treat hunters as "bystanders"- that is, people who know about the darkness, but haven't made the needed sacrifice to become agents of those mysterious, higher powers. What that"sacrifice" actually means is less defined right now, but it would be a certain lose of humanity, and swearing their Creed.

The Wendigo are the children of Deer, the Great Prey, the counterpart of the Great Predator during the time of Pangaea. With their control over Life and Death, Deer was repeatedly hunted and reborn by Wolf, and with each of their deaths some of its Essence was left behind, creating strange, horned shapeshifters. However, when Wolf died, the cycle was broken, and the were-deer went out of balance, with the prey becoming the predators and madness taking over those which held the old blood of the Horned One.

Finally, Saints are meant to be the CofD's Solar Exalts- they are a form of variant mages, Awakened not to the realms of the Supernal but as messengers and prophets of the Powers that Be. Their "Awakening" is always a religious experience, as a certain godlike power reveals itself to them and leads their souls to higher dimensions. Each Saint is based around a single Arcana, which they then manipulate through their skills in order to unlock a variety of effects. The concept is still rough, but I do plan on polishing it and publishing it through the STV when the time would come.
      Hmm,do Saints have any relationships with Prometheans? Cause Or Ein Soph is ultimately the source of Prometheans two right?

Comment

Hmm,do Saints have any relationships with Prometheans? Cause Or Ein Soph is ultimately the source of Prometheans two right?
        Not really- Ein Soph is, more or less, the origin of everything. It is just that Ahura Mazda, or the Principle, is closer to the origin than most of the other Powers that Be. More than that, Ein Soph describes an unmovable object- an unmoved mover- and the Saints are born from its refined light. The Principle is the edge where reality spins around that solid point of light and burn by the touch of divinity- it is the movement of the universe, which is close to the First Light but still different from it.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• And this week, I'm happy to present you with a bunch of concepts for new Strains of Cursed Blood! Give it a look, and feel free to give suggestions about those concepts and which you would like to see in more depth!

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
            And this week, I'm happy to present you with a bunch of concepts for new Strains of Cursed Blood! Give it a look, and feel free to give suggestions about those concepts and which you would like to see in more depth!
            For Promethean,how bout some demonic clones? Think of it that wag,the clones are made of Azoth,but some are mixed with the DNA of other beings,what if someone tries to create a clone using the genetic material of a demon? The corrupting demonic forces tainting the globe's azoth,turning it into something new,something even worse than Flux?

Comment

For Promethean,how bout some demonic clones? Think of it that wag,the clones are made of Azoth,but some are mixed with the DNA of other beings,what if someone tries to create a clone using the genetic material of a demon? The corrupting demonic forces tainting the globe's azoth,turning it into something new,something even worse than Flux?
              That sounds more or less like what I had in mind for a Baalim connected strain, even though I haven't thought about using clones as a baseline. Interesting suggestion. I think it has some great potential.

Anyway, I gives an heads up that I won't make a new blog post this week due to me needing to make some adjustment to my player's d&d adventure, as well as investing my time at writing the first draft for a Shard which I plan on publishing in the STV. I think I like how it comes out right now, so let's see how it rolls.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
              X