Bronze Age Collapse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze Age Collapse

So Extra History has started a new series on the Bronze Age collapse. Which, of course, has me thinking. Does CoD have anything on the collapse? Or do we, as usual, have any good ideas on what happened/caused it?

Nothing official that I'm aware off, but each time I think about the subject I kinda want to blame Apep for this :P

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

Comment

Maybe a merit of just-awakened mummies cast a series of Tier 3 Utterances. Tomb robbers go BOOM!; and so the Mediterranean!

Comment

I know there's been a lot of discussion of it in speculative Dark Eras threads, so you may find some information there.

Comment

Forgotten by Rome in the Dark Eras Companion mentions a l'il bit about it. I managed to sneak in a line and a reference. Had more but ye olde word count struck it out.

Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

Shapeshifting Historian
          Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome

Comment

Originally posted by nikink View Post
            Forgotten by Rome in the Dark Eras Companion
            *Looks over user's signature*

When Freelancer writing his own official material forget how it is called.

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
            MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
            WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

Hehehhehe. Well. I forgot...

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

Can't put the editors out of business, now.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

Returning to topic...

Forgotten by Rome in the Dark Eras Companion mentions a l'il bit about it. I managed to sneak in a line and a reference. Had more but ye olde word count struck it out.
                  Where it is, precisely? I remember something, somewhere in Dark Era text, but cannot find it now.

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
                  MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
                  WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

No book handy to reference, so I can't give a page number, but iirc it's at the beginning of the Hoc Vera Narro section.

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

No book handy to reference, so I can't give a page number, but iirc it's at the beginning of the Hoc Vera Narro section.
                      I'm guessing it's this bit?

On the other side, the Farsil Luhal marauded the Mediterranean with the Teresh before settling in Etruria.
                      and for some context:

Teresh: One of the seafaring peoples that raided across the Mediterranean four centuries before Rome’s founding.

Comment

That's the one!

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

That's the one!
                          Is the idea that it plays into humans being the favoured prey of the Iron Masters?

Comment

Not really but kind of. I made a mental history of all the Uratha tribes to place them all in context. The Iron Masters got slotted into the boat-peoples more for their love of adapting to change and adopting to technological advances. That's how they survived the Bronze Age Collapse, and then came to Etruria and thus became part of the Roman Protectorate.

I had similar back history for other tribes (notably the Ivory Claws) which put them in position for the alliances and conflicts to come.

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

I'd guess it'd be safe to pin some blame on the Silver Ladder as well for the collapse?

Comment

Working...
                              X