Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (featuring the Extinction Chronicle)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rakshasa: the Kingdom (featuring the Extinction Chronicle)

Partially inspired by Lostlight's Old One Chronicles, here is the start of a fansplat which is "based" on the infamous Changing Breeds.

Link to the master doc

You play as one of the rakshasa, monstrous illusionists who can take on the guise of a beast and are consumed by vile passions. Each rakshasa is part of something bigger and grander than themselves, each rakshasa is part of a cursed dynasty which stretches back to ancient times. Each rakshasa has a prehistoric monster sealed within their soul to preventing their reincarnation, but the dynasties have learnt how to tap into this curse to manipulate the breath of life and make their illusions reality. But with each day, the rakshasa has to fight to control vices which are not their own and deal with the karmic debt of an abomination being left upon their shoulders in an effort to transform their dynasty before it becomes extinct.
    Last edited by milo v3; 07-08-2017, 08:47 PM.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Well, good job.

I'd consider adding something for other types of insects, like ants or bees.

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
    DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
    Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

glad to see something got out of my old project! I'll give it a look right away!

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Almarck View Post
        Well, good job.

I'd consider adding something for other types of insects, like ants or bees.
        Ants and bees are already available as options with the Endless breed.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
          Ants and bees are already available as options with the Endless breed.
          Ah I missed it.

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
          DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
          Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

Been a while since I wrote stuff for Rakshasa, but today I added in a section in chapter two about various different types of shapechangers in CofD and what to do if you wanted the book as a Second Edition Changing Breeds instead of a book about illusionist martial artist crime families. If anyone can think of things which I'm missing for the section please inform me of them.
            Last edited by milo v3; 08-11-2017, 05:30 AM.

Comment

The links aren't working for me - they're just leading to blank pages.

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                The links aren't working for me - they're just leading to blank pages.
                Really? Which of the links didn't work?

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                  Really? Which of the links didn't work?
                  It doesn't matter - it must have been an artefact of the machine I was using previously.

Comment

Finally had time to work on this some more.
                    • First draft of the Introduction chapter is done (I'm not including narrative bits in the completed-ness status because those will either be done last or not at all).
                    • Chapter One is has the fundamentals all written down. Just need to put in stereotypes, windrunner/wingfolk fluff, and expand the fluff of the accords.
                    • Chapter Two has general rakshasa information, info on how to handle the differences between this and changing breeds (with examples on how to make many different types of shapeshifters for different themes).
                    • Chapter Three has all the mechanics except for needing some more Karma's and needing to figureout how I want to handle the Venomous Birthright.
                    • Chapter Four has the system for all the Principle Siddhi which is the primary supernatural system of rakshasa.
                    I am 95% sure the system as current is going to have some bad balance problems, but it's a first draft and it's best to just the fundamentals out and then improve/refine it.

Comment

Working...
                    X