Dark Eras 2 Backer Expansion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Eras 2 Backer Expansion Thread

This was always a popular topic in the first Dark Eras, so rather than bury the list of known backer expansions in the main thread, I'm giving it its own easy reference point.

Expansions
    Myself - Mage to 1001 Nights or ?
    FallenEco - ?
    [Redacted] - ?
    nofather - [Redacted] or [Redacted]
    [Redacted] - [Redacted] or ?

Resurrections
    World's First Ghost - Mississipi Steamboat or ?
    [Redacted] - [Redacted] or [Redacted]

Creation
    [Redacted] - [Redacted] or [Redacted]
    Last edited by Second Chances; 09-12-2017, 12:13 AM.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Since this thread exists is respectful lobbying allowed?

I'll just say this in the context of what I WOULD have done if I'd been able to snap up one of the slots -

- Expansion: Changeling to Golden Age of Islam to explore 1001 Nights the way the Changeling default explores European fairy tales. Sherahazad is a Durance survivor if I ever heard one. I'd present her as having been taken during the Sassanid period and returning no under the Caliphate to found a cyclical court system where instead of changing rulers, the ruler changes courts through the cycle. "True Fae" are Marid, but all things fae are believed jinn of one nature or another.

Resurrection: Mali Empire would be the least like anything else we've seen or are seeing.

Original: I think my top choice would be the birth of the Haudenosaunee with Hunter and Geist, with a hunter conspiracy answerable to Hiawatha himself enforcing the Great Law against cannibal witch cults.

I also like Dante's Florence Geist, with Inferno demons corrupting the dead into lemures via a Wound in the Underworld at the time.

There's also Qin Dynasty Vampire, with Covenants based on the Hundred Schools of Thought as the Legalists try to impose the Masqueade on everyone else. But that might run too close to stuff they're doing in other Eras.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Will the unknown games for the voted Eras be revealed prior to the backers adding games? Will the backers know what others are backing, too, so they can make a choice based on that? I guess we didn't for the first one, but I'm more curious now since there are less Eras to choose from yet more backer levels for expanding or reviving.

Comment

I will just continue sacrificing goats to the nearest OPP alter in the hopes that someone will take a shine to WtF .

Would love to see Gilgi or Greco-Persian.

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
          Will the unknown games for the voted Eras be revealed prior to the backers adding games? Will the backers know what others are backing, too, so they can make a choice based on that? I guess we didn't for the first one, but I'm more curious now since there are less Eras to choose from yet more backer levels for expanding or reviving.
          No idea. Only Rich or Rose can give us insight into that.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

So according to the Kickstarter comments, Creators can suggest the splats they want for the eras they resurrect "but ultimately it will be up to the developers."

I guess I'm going to keep my choice for Mississippi and keep my fingers crossed that at least one of the splats is one I like. Preferably Promethean.

Comment

List of Eras so far:

French Revolution Vampire/Demon
              WW1 Geist/Werewolf (?)
              Era of Sun Europe: Mage/Deviant (?)
              World Wonders: Changeling/Promeathan (?)
              1001 Nights: Vampire/Beast (? Probably Mage)
              Imperial China: Mummy/Hunter
              Pirates: Mage/Geist (?)
              Authur: ?/?/?
              Hawara ?/?/?
              Age of Sci-Fi ?/?/?
              Resurrection Era 1 ?/?/? (Probably Steamboats and Promeathan)
              Resurrection Era ?/?/?
              Master Creator of Darkness Era ?/?/? (Really curious about this one).

I put this together like this to visualize it.

That is 12 undecided eras + 5 expander eras.
              Last edited by Omegaphallic; 08-05-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by World's First Ghost View Post
                So according to the Kickstarter comments, Creators can suggest the splats they want for the eras they resurrect "but ultimately it will be up to the developers."

I guess I'm going to keep my choice for Mississippi and keep my fingers crossed that at least one of the splats is one I like. Preferably Promethean.
                I'd be very surprised if they said no to Promeathan in steam boats, its a vary mobile era and that suits Prommies well as they are nomadic.

Comment

Originally posted by World's First Ghost View Post

So the upside of that is that it is likely each gameline will get at least one more era. So if we suppose that the last resurrection is Gilgamesh (since it seemed popular... and I want it), we might see something like this:

Mage/Geist Pirate
                  Mage/Changeling Britannia
                  Vampire/Werewolf Necropolis of Hawara
                  Mummy/Deviant Golden Age of Science Fiction
                  Promethean/Demon Mississippi Steamboat
                  Hunter/Beast Gilgamesh

All that is speculation, or course. There could be many other combinations using the same gamelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

So the upside of that is that it is likely each gameline will get at least one more era. So if we suppose that the last resurrection is Gilgamesh (since it seemed popular... and I want it), we might see something like this:

Mage/Geist Pirate
                    Hunter/Beast Gilgamesh

All that is speculation, or course. There could be many other combinations using the same gamelines.
                    I see Authur being more Mage/Hunter, Gilgamesh Werewolf/Beast, Hawara Vampire/Changeling.

Gilgamesh's BFF would make a cool werewolf, the Knights of the Round table as a hunter conspiracy, Werewolf in a confined underground labyrinth (nothing would survive their minds snapping) and Labyrinths fit Changelings well.

Alternately Possessed (Inferno)/Vampires for Hawara.

Comment

Mage/Geist Pirate
                      Hunter/Beast Gilgamesh
                      Golden Age of Sci-fi Mummy? Werewolf Hawara?

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
                        Golden Age of Sci-fi Mummy? Werewolf Hawara?
                        Pet ideas. I like the thought of Set being an alagory for Urfarha, the sha being Werewolves, and the sacred beasts of Crocodilopolis being the pack's totems. Plus werewolf does not get associated often with Egypt, so it's new and refreshing.

For Mummy, you're talking about an era when new technologies, societies, and possibilities are being imagined. Irem is rebuilt, not through stone and gold, but through pen and ink. This is also when aliens, other worlds, and robots enter the collective mind of fiction. Humanity begins to reach for the stars and for the first time in a long time, turn their eyes up en mass, wondering what may be out there. The Arisen have always watched the cosmic dance and are left to question what Fate has in store for them now that humanity is as well. This would also be a great time period to talk about the Decieved and cosmic Seba for the very same reason. Mummy is not an obvious fit for GAoSF, but Devourer take me if it isn't an awesome one.

Comment

Pet ideas. I like the thought of Set being an alagory for Urfarha, the sha being Werewolves, and the sacred beasts of Crocodilopolis being the pack's totems. Plus werewolf does not get associated often with Egypt, so it's new and refreshing.

For Mummy, you're talking about an era when new technologies, societies, and possibilities are being imagined. Irem is rebuilt, not through stone and gold, but through pen and ink. This is also when aliens, other worlds, and robots enter the collective mind of fiction. Humanity begins to reach for the stars and for the first time in a long time, turn their eyes up en mass, wondering what may be out there. The Arisen have always watched the cosmic dance and are left to question what Fate has in store for them now that humanity is as well. This would also be a great time period to talk about the Decieved and cosmic Seba for the very same reason. Mummy is not an obvious fit for GAoSF, but Devourer take me if it isn't an awesome one.
                          Werewolves aren't talked about much in Africa at all, mostly because Africa doesn't have wolves, its history is more closely tied to werecats I think, like the Hungry Ghosts. It could be great for a New Changeling Breeds book, perhaps more fucused on werecats (like the hungry ghosts and werelions ) and werecrocidiles.

Comment

Werewolves aren't limited to being wolves in appearance. They are spirit of the hunt. Wherever there are predators, there are werewolves, even if they take the appearance of hyenas, jackals, Egyptian wolves, cape hunting dogs, bears, crocodiles, or humans. If they found it beneficial to pose to be crocodiles, over wolves, then why not do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Werewolves aren't talked about much in Africa at all, mostly because Africa doesn't have wolves, its history is more closely tied to werecats I think, like the Hungry Ghosts. It could be great for a New Changeling Breeds book, perhaps more fucused on werecats (like the hungry ghosts and werelions ) and werecrocidiles.
                              Funny story. Golden Jackles are actually wolves.

EDIT: And apparently have also been reclassified to distinguish them from the actual Golden Jackles in Eurasia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_golden_wolf
                              Last edited by Second Chances; 08-06-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X