Dark Eras 2 Backer Expansion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Pet ideas. I like the thought of Set being an alagory for Urfarha, the sha being Werewolves, and the sacred beasts of Crocodilopolis being the pack's totems. Plus werewolf does not get associated often with Egypt, so it's new and refreshing.

For Mummy, you're talking about an era when new technologies, societies, and possibilities are being imagined. Irem is rebuilt, not through stone and gold, but through pen and ink. This is also when aliens, other worlds, and robots enter the collective mind of fiction. Humanity begins to reach for the stars and for the first time in a long time, turn their eyes up en mass, wondering what may be out there. The Arisen have always watched the cosmic dance and are left to question what Fate has in store for them now that humanity is as well. This would also be a great time period to talk about the Decieved and cosmic Seba for the very same reason. Mummy is not an obvious fit for GAoSF, but Devourer take me if it isn't an awesome one.
    ...Holy crap, Second Chances. You just sold me on Mummy in the sci fi era. That was like the one game that I couldn't see for it, and now I actually want to see that. I'd been hoping for Deviant plus Changeling, Beast, or Promethean, and now I have to add Mummy to that list as well. While I acknowledge that Demon fits for it as well, I feel like Demon already has a good bit of science fiction to it already. Are you considering sci fi Mummy as an option for your expansion?

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
    Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Yeah, I can understand that I suppose. That's why I like the Mage/Deviant Era for Mummy: it's a juxtaposition of the ancient and the modern

Comment

I can't really see Hawara without Geist. A place where artistry and the treatment of the dead (both physical and spiritual) are interconnected in a grand labyrinth? Literally, a "city of the dead, lorded over by the living" as given in the description. If there was ever an expression of the Underworld in our world above, that would be it.

Comment

I have an Era proposition for Master Creator baker that would be perfect for tying many different previous Eras.

Age of Exploration – Spain and Portugal, 1492 – 1522 ( or more like 1490 – 1600 ) – Mage & Beast

From Wikipedia:
          Global exploration started with the Portuguese discoveries of the Atlantic archipelagos of Madeira and the Azores, the coast of Africa, and the discovery of the sea route to India in 1498; and, on behalf of the Crown of Castile (Spain), the trans-Atlantic Voyages of Christopher Columbus between 1492 and 1502, and the first circumnavigation of the globe in 1519–1522. These discoveries led to numerous naval expeditions across the Atlantic, Indian and Pacific oceans, and land expeditions in the Americas, Asia, Africa, and Australia that continued into the late 19th century, and ended with the exploration of the polar regions in the 20th century.
          Era Idea:
          The end of XIV and start of XV is time of great journey and adventures leading to uncovering new and strange lands. It’s also time of grand conflicts, sating desires of selfish humans and spread of exotic diseases. All under new naval empires of Spain and Portugal that spread Christian ways to newly discovered Americas and new routes to Asia. Conquistadors are clamming lands for their Kings, Queens and Jesus Christ. Terrifying beasts are hunting oceans of water and nightmares of sailors – and lost cities of uncovered civilizations are there to be found and discovered. Begotten are finding strange legends and monsters of their soul contrasting with local beings of myths and dreams, fighting over sating their Hungers – yet learning their are all Children of the same Dark Mother. Diamond Orders, with just century old Mysterium as their member, are setting sails to finally found their promised Atlantis, just over horizon.

Comment:
          This Age of Exploration connects to other official Eras – it’s just few decades over the Fall of Constantinople, and by this, After the Fall Era from DE1. In Americas, it’s time of Beneath the Skin from DE1, when Conquistadors go to Aztec Empire. It’s connected with Princes of Conquered Lands from DEC1, that later Era is direct repercussion of Age of Discovery in Africa. And Foreboding Lands from DEC1 is about Britain’s colony in America, also as consequence of Columbus discovery at start of Age of Exploration. Light of the Sun from DE2 will be about Inquisition hunting mages and deviants returning from those strange journeys and utilizing scientific and mystical discoveries in those. AND we have Mysterium as young global Order starting it’s mass global journeys after it spread with Fall of Constantinople. We really need Age of Exploration to tie in those various places and give us great seafaring rules!
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-06-2017, 08:37 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

And other backers advise:

1001 Nights need both Mage & Changeling expansions. I was really weird they chosen Vampire & Beast on the start, even if I can see them more or less work on later thoughts in Kickstarter.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

1001 Nights need both Mage & Changeling expansions. I was really weird they chosen Vampire & Beast on the start, even if I can see them more or less work on later thoughts in Kickstarter.
              Beast is the crossover splat, so its what you choose when you can't make a choice between the rest of them. So Mage will get a chunk, Changeling will get a chunk, Hunter will get a chunk, Mummy will get a chunk and so on in the Beast section.

Comment

Does a single era really need 2/5 of the expansion slots? I think it'd be more beneficial if they were more spread out.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                  Beast is the crossover splat, so its what you choose when you can't make a choice between the rest of them. So Mage will get a chunk, Changeling will get a chunk, Hunter will get a chunk, Mummy will get a chunk and so on in the Beast section.
                  At some point Beast needs room to stand on its own. There's other creatures to feel kinship towards than the main splats, at any rate.

Comment

I have an Era proposition for Master Creator baker that would be perfect for tying many different previous Eras.

Age of Exploration – Spain and Portugal, 1492 – 1522 ( or more like 1490 – 1600 ) – Mage & Beast

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Discovery"]From Wikipedia[/URL]:

Era Idea:
                    The end of XIV and start of XV is time of great journey and adventures leading to uncovering new and strange lands. It’s also time of grand conflicts, sating desires of selfish humans and spread of exotic diseases. All under new naval empires of Spain and Portugal that spread Christian ways to newly discovered Americas and new routes to Asia. Conquistadors are clamming lands for their Kings, Queens and Jesus Christ. Terrifying beasts are hunting oceans of water and nightmares of sailors – and lost cities of uncovered civilizations are there to be found and discovered. Begotten are finding strange legends and monsters of their soul contrasting with local beings of myths and dreams, fighting over sating their Hungers – yet learning their are all Children of the same Dark Mother. Diamond Orders, with just century old Mysterium as their member, are setting sails to finally found their promised Atlantis, just over horizon.

Comment:
                    This Age of Exploration connects to other official Eras – it’s just few decades over the Fall of Constantinople, and by this, After the Fall Era from DE1. In Americas, it’s time of Beneath the Skin from DE1, when Conquistadors go to Aztec Empire. It’s connected with Princes of Conquered Lands from DEC1, that later Era is direct repercussion of Age of Discovery in Africa. And Foreboding Lands from DEC1 is about Britain’s colony in America, also as consequence of Columbus discovery at start of Age of Exploration. Light of the Sun from DE2 will be about Inquisition hunting mages and deviants returning from those strange journeys and utilizing scientific and mystical discoveries in those. AND we have Mysterium as young global Order starting it’s mass global journeys after it spread with Fall of Constantinople. We really need Age of Exploration to tie in those various places and give us great seafaring rules!
                    That's a neat idea, wyrdhamster. I'd be amused to see the Age of Exploration. That said, I imagine that the Pirates era could also give us some magely seafaring rules if that one wasn't used.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                    Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Originally posted by World's First Ghost View Post

Does a single era really need 2/5 of the expansion slots? I think it'd be more beneficial if they were more spread out.
                      I don't think any era is allowed more then one Expansión slot.

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
                        That's a neat idea, wyrdhamster. I'd be amused to see the Age of Exploration. That said, I imagine that the Pirates era could also give us some magely seafaring rules if that one wasn't used.
                        It's not about mages that are seafaring are only point of this Era idea - there are profound social changes going on ( Renaissance ) and great adventures to be seen. What can be done with Age of Exploration I EXPLORE () in Eras fan topic here. Join the conversation!

LGBT+ through Ages
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Once again I shall plug beast/inferno satanic panic 80s for era creator
                          Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 08-07-2017, 12:09 AM.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

I have to imagine the backers who can resurrect eras and have their own era have already decided. They put down a lot of money and presumably they did so with some intent. After that, there's been over 30 days for them to figure something out. Less so for the era resurrectors but they have limited choice to begin with. Second Chances, for instance, seems to have mostly made up their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              I have to imagine the backers who can resurrect eras and have their own era have already decided. They put down a lot of money and presumably they did so with some intent. After that, there's been over 30 days for them to figure something out. Less so for the era resurrectors but they have limited choice to begin with. Second Chances, for instance, seems to have mostly made up their mind.
                              ... Maybe. Maybe not. I like all of my ideas so it is hard to pick and context for what the stretch goal eras gamelines will be could influence my decision. I certainly open to suggestions because I'm not all knowing and can't think of every angle. But being told that something "must" happen repeatedly is a good way to make sure I don't do that. Especially if it's for an expansion I've said I have no interest in. I imagine the other expansion backers feel similarly.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                                Funny story. Golden Jackles are actually wolves.

EDIT: And apparently have also been reclassified to distinguish them from the actual Golden Jackles in Eurasia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_golden_wolf
                                Based on the article most serer uratha would be bone shadows due to the religious beliefs they have on golden wolves

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Working...
                                X