Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    replied
    So, out of context because I'm not saying the two lines it already has, but any thoughts on adding Demon to Hawara?

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    Aw. So we're not going to hear what the final choices are until October?
    I intentionally did not speculate on that, but part of the reason I posted was because it will definitely be a bit longer. I think it's going to be worth it though. I look at this setup and the logistical side of my teacher brain geeks out. Just trust that the Devs know what they are doing, because they really do.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Aw. So we're not going to hear what the final choices are until October?

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    So I'm not going to give up the goat on any details.... but waiting a month to hammer out the expansions is going to be totally worth it. If I'm reading Monica's email correctly, and I'm pretty sure I am, I am extremely impressed with the way they're going to go about this. Very professional setup. It will take a bit more patience, but delayed gratification pays off in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Thanks for filling us in Matt!

RichT here:
    Everything has processed through Kickstarter, and the Dev team, Monica, Meghan, and Matthew, are working out the development process now that they know the full extent of the book, and have been sent the email addresses of those backers who pledged for rewards concerning the development of the book (pretty much all the upper level reward tiers). They'll reach out to those folks, and we'll find out which Eras get which gamelines.
    That's pretty much it for right now!
    Thanks for your support-
    Sounds positive! I've cleared out my unread emails just to make sure I don't miss anything.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

We won't be sharing it yet, but I don't see why we can't talk about the way things worked out after we've finished working them
    Awesome! I look forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Are you able to tell us more about the planning process? I'm always interested in glimpses behind the scenes, and I've been curious about whether the stretch goal eras will have their game lines chosen before or after the backers get to choose their expansions, and whether the resurrected and created eras will be available for expanders to choose from as well. I understand completely if that whole process isn't something you wish to share, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    We won't be sharing it yet, but I don't see why we can't talk about the way things worked out after we've finished working them

Leave a comment:

• Gravitas Man
    replied
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Are you able to tell us more about the planning process? I'm always interested in glimpses behind the scenes, and I've been curious about whether the stretch goal eras will have their game lines chosen before or after the backers get to choose their expansions, and whether the resurrected and created eras will be available for expanders to choose from as well. I understand completely if that whole process isn't something you wish to share, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    There was a $750 Kickstarter pledge for this precise purpose and as everything has to be written I expect we aren't going to hear about Dark Eras for a while.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
    Developers are planning. We haven't forgotten this book, far from it. We appreciate time to plan, discuss, and set objectives so we know exactly where we're headed.

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Developers are planning. We haven't forgotten this book, far from it. We appreciate time to plan, discuss, and set objectives so we know exactly where we're headed.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    I hope we can hear about these soon.
    Rich said in the MMN comments that it was up to the Dev team when they wanted to ask about expansions and additions, and that he hadn't heard anything about them yet. Sounds like we will have to be patient for a bit longer. Hopefully The Gentleman Gamer, Meghan Fitzgerald, or mlvalentine can pop by and give us a better idea of what to expect.

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    I hope we can hear about these soon.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by ale137 View Post

There was a time frame where the Tremere where seen as the good guy fighting against the Reapers Mages. That would be a good Era.
    It's exactly the 1001 Nights. by years 750 till 1258 c.e. - cause, as I pointed before, from Left Hand Path...

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Well, as 1001 Nights is 750 - 1258 in years than even Tremere go to and out of the Diamond Orders union table. Both events are from Left Hand Path book ( quotes from Mage Timeline project, based on LHP book ) :

'8th century AD: Tremere join Diamond - In Eastern Europe, one or two Tremere demanded hospitality at Diamond wizards’ towers. Quickly follow them whole cabals, showing carcasses of monsters they fought to assure good intentions. Tremere were warrior-sorcerers and students of the soul who promised to lead the Awakened to a new age of splendor, built on the ashes of burning enemies. They hunted Seers and Scelesti, but demand selected Reapers and vampires as tribute for the balance of their wrath. They preached that Atlantis’s faithful willworkers were the natural lords of souls. Anyone who challenged their crowns deserved to burn. '

'1099: Banishment of Tremere - Silver Ladder lictor Caterine Bedlam told the Convocation of Antioch what many now suspected: the Tremere was a Legacy of Reapers who hunted their own kind. It labeled them as Nefandi by Convocation, with banishment and ‘forgetting’ of Tremere Order members – their magical tools were destroyed, as any grimoires, soul stones, or imbued items they created. Their Shadow Name becomes illegal to utter and were replaced in all Consilium records by “Nefandi:” the name that is not a name and cannot be spoken. As other Convocations followed move that of Antioch done, within few decades Tremere were officially excommunicated from Diamond be every European Convocations, becoming target for Reaper hunters they ones been.'

So 1001 Nights Mage expansions should do justice to 3 Diamond Orders by giving them in the splat write-ups: Panscryptias, Keepers of the Word and Tremere Orders.
    In 1001 Nights Era time frame we also get 'just in neighborhood' unification of Panscryptias and Keepers of the Word too Mysterium. Byzantine Empire 'is just around the corner' from Baghdad Caliphate at that time.

'12th century AD: Pancryptiates and Keepers of the World Orders merged into one Mysterium in Byzantine Empire under Corpus Author that made hers Ascension from this event. Fall of Empire and Silk Road to Asia propagated unified Order. ( Mysterium )'

Only better candidate from 1001 Nights for the 'Tremere in Diamond + Unification of Mysterium' Dark Era would be Byzantine Empire at the exactly the same time period.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-22-2017, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ale137
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post

Nope! I expect Monica will be in touch at some point to find out what Deviant is about.

Regarding the Tremere, the first ed Tremere section in Left Hand Path was longer than an unexpanded Dark Era; second ed Tremere are more complicated, no one involved has the background to do them, and they wouldn't fit into an era even with an expansion. We're looking at how we can get the Tremere, Mad, and Scelesti rules out, but Dark Eras really isn't the place for it.
    There was a time frame where the Tremere where seen as the good guy fighting against the Reapers Mages. That would be a good Era.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    The most obvious and simple (but not necessarily best) answer would be a Night Horros book similar to the upcoming Shunned by the Moon.
    "Walkers of the Dark Paths"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X