Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FallenEco
    replied
    Some of the ideas I had for an expansion are being discarded, as I have to prioritize which Era I want to see the most. Unfortunately it is not a perfect world so my pitches for the following probably will never be officially sanctioned.
    • Heresy of the Flame (Promethean in the Light of the Sun, Europe 1600s)
    • Dreams of the Desert (Changeling in 1001 Nights)
    • Echoes of Antiquity (Beast in the Shadows of the 7 Wonders)
    • Disrupting Designs (Demon in the 7 Wonders)

Leave a comment:

• ElvesofZion
    replied
    I will mention again that Mongolian Empire would be fantastic as a created setting.

Leave a comment:

• malonkey1
    replied
    Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post
    Once again I shall plug beast/inferno satanic panic 80s for era creator
    I would like to second this plugging. I like the idea of Beasts getting hunted to near-extinction by Heroes in a setting where such witch-hunts are normalized, while the real big bad guys are laughing it up in Wall Street and spreading the prosperity gospel to get more and more. Not to mention the crack epidemic of the 80s and the enviroment of fear brought on by the Cold War in full swing.

I just hope that an era creator who hasn't yet decided also finds the idea interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

If that happens before we choose expansion. It may not. We'll have to see.
    I'll doubt it will be that chaotic, that could lead to People choose the same era with the same splat and other odd thiings.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Hmm...I wonder about when we'll learn about the mystery gamelines.

Looking back at the DE1 KS, they only revealed what got backer expansions and what were the backer-resurrected eras much later: 1 month after the KS ended for DE1, 2 months for DEC1. So not an immense stretch of time, but still hefty.

Granted the circumstances here for DE2 are a bit...different. Since the bulk of the Stretch Goal voting was on Eras but not on the gamelines attached to them. And has been noted multiple times in this and the regular DE2 thread, the backers who the expansion and resurrection slots, they can't reasonably make their decisions until they know what gamelines are going to the Stretch Goal Eras. So who knows.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    ... Maybe. Maybe not. I like all of my ideas so it is hard to pick and context for what the stretch goal eras gamelines will be could influence my decision. I certainly open to suggestions because I'm not all knowing and can't think of every angle.
    I did say mostly made up. You've shown us the list and everything.

But I left out the 'add a gameline to an era' people because they don't even know what eras are available until the resurrect an era that lost people pick theirs, so clearly your list may change. Since those polls are over, though, the resurrectionists have got their options narrowed down.

Have people been insisting you add someone to something? Aside from wyrdhamster's post, I mean.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

I'm sure you will gain greater clarity when you hear what the other expanders kf darkness and creator of darkness choose.
    If that happens before we choose expansion. It may not. We'll have to see.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    ... Maybe. Maybe not. I like all of my ideas so it is hard to pick and context for what the stretch goal eras gamelines will be could influence my decision. I certainly open to suggestions because I'm not all knowing and can't think of every angle. But being told that something "must" happen repeatedly is a good way to make sure I don't do that. Especially if it's for an expansion I've said I have no interest in. I imagine the other expansion backers feel similarly.
    I'm sure you will gain greater clarity when you hear what the other expanders kf darkness and creator of darkness choose.

Leave a comment:

• The young man in the cafe
    replied
    Funny story. Golden Jackles are actually wolves.

EDIT: And apparently have also been reclassified to distinguish them from the actual Golden Jackles in Eurasia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_golden_wolf
    Based on the article most serer uratha would be bone shadows due to the religious beliefs they have on golden wolves

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    I have to imagine the backers who can resurrect eras and have their own era have already decided. They put down a lot of money and presumably they did so with some intent. After that, there's been over 30 days for them to figure something out. Less so for the era resurrectors but they have limited choice to begin with. Second Chances, for instance, seems to have mostly made up their mind.
    ... Maybe. Maybe not. I like all of my ideas so it is hard to pick and context for what the stretch goal eras gamelines will be could influence my decision. I certainly open to suggestions because I'm not all knowing and can't think of every angle. But being told that something "must" happen repeatedly is a good way to make sure I don't do that. Especially if it's for an expansion I've said I have no interest in. I imagine the other expansion backers feel similarly.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    I have to imagine the backers who can resurrect eras and have their own era have already decided. They put down a lot of money and presumably they did so with some intent. After that, there's been over 30 days for them to figure something out. Less so for the era resurrectors but they have limited choice to begin with. Second Chances, for instance, seems to have mostly made up their mind.

Leave a comment:

• The young man in the cafe
    replied
    Once again I shall plug beast/inferno satanic panic 80s for era creator
    Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 08-07-2017, 12:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
    That's a neat idea, wyrdhamster. I'd be amused to see the Age of Exploration. That said, I imagine that the Pirates era could also give us some magely seafaring rules if that one wasn't used.
    It's not about mages that are seafaring are only point of this Era idea - there are profound social changes going on ( Renaissance ) and great adventures to be seen. What can be done with Age of Exploration I EXPLORE () in Eras fan topic here. Join the conversation!

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by World's First Ghost View Post

Does a single era really need 2/5 of the expansion slots? I think it'd be more beneficial if they were more spread out.
    I don't think any era is allowed more then one Expansión slot.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    I have an Era proposition for Master Creator baker that would be perfect for tying many different previous Eras.

Age of Exploration – Spain and Portugal, 1492 – 1522 ( or more like 1490 – 1600 ) – Mage & Beast

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Discovery"]From Wikipedia[/URL]:

Era Idea:
    The end of XIV and start of XV is time of great journey and adventures leading to uncovering new and strange lands. It’s also time of grand conflicts, sating desires of selfish humans and spread of exotic diseases. All under new naval empires of Spain and Portugal that spread Christian ways to newly discovered Americas and new routes to Asia. Conquistadors are clamming lands for their Kings, Queens and Jesus Christ. Terrifying beasts are hunting oceans of water and nightmares of sailors – and lost cities of uncovered civilizations are there to be found and discovered. Begotten are finding strange legends and monsters of their soul contrasting with local beings of myths and dreams, fighting over sating their Hungers – yet learning their are all Children of the same Dark Mother. Diamond Orders, with just century old Mysterium as their member, are setting sails to finally found their promised Atlantis, just over horizon.

Comment:
    This Age of Exploration connects to other official Eras – it’s just few decades over the Fall of Constantinople, and by this, After the Fall Era from DE1. In Americas, it’s time of Beneath the Skin from DE1, when Conquistadors go to Aztec Empire. It’s connected with Princes of Conquered Lands from DEC1, that later Era is direct repercussion of Age of Discovery in Africa. And Foreboding Lands from DEC1 is about Britain’s colony in America, also as consequence of Columbus discovery at start of Age of Exploration. Light of the Sun from DE2 will be about Inquisition hunting mages and deviants returning from those strange journeys and utilizing scientific and mystical discoveries in those. AND we have Mysterium as young global Order starting it’s mass global journeys after it spread with Fall of Constantinople. We really need Age of Exploration to tie in those various places and give us great seafaring rules!
    That's a neat idea, wyrdhamster. I'd be amused to see the Age of Exploration. That said, I imagine that the Pirates era could also give us some magely seafaring rules if that one wasn't used.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X