Dark Eras 2 Backer Expansion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Are you able to tell us more about the planning process? I'm always interested in glimpses behind the scenes, and I've been curious about whether the stretch goal eras will have their game lines chosen before or after the backers get to choose their expansions, and whether the resurrected and created eras will be available for expanders to choose from as well. I understand completely if that whole process isn't something you wish to share, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    There was a $750 Kickstarter pledge for this precise purpose and as everything has to be written I expect we aren't going to hear about Dark Eras for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Are you able to tell us more about the planning process? I'm always interested in glimpses behind the scenes, and I've been curious about whether the stretch goal eras will have their game lines chosen before or after the backers get to choose their expansions, and whether the resurrected and created eras will be available for expanders to choose from as well. I understand completely if that whole process isn't something you wish to share, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.
      We won't be sharing it yet, but I don't see why we can't talk about the way things worked out after we've finished working them

Matthew Dawkins
      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

We won't be sharing it yet, but I don't see why we can't talk about the way things worked out after we've finished working them
        Awesome! I look forward to it.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
        Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
        Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Thanks for filling us in Matt!

RichT here:
          Everything has processed through Kickstarter, and the Dev team, Monica, Meghan, and Matthew, are working out the development process now that they know the full extent of the book, and have been sent the email addresses of those backers who pledged for rewards concerning the development of the book (pretty much all the upper level reward tiers). They'll reach out to those folks, and we'll find out which Eras get which gamelines.
          That's pretty much it for right now!
          Thanks for your support-
          Sounds positive! I've cleared out my unread emails just to make sure I don't miss anything.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Still around, but mostly lurking

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• So I'm not going to give up the goat on any details.... but waiting a month to hammer out the expansions is going to be totally worth it. If I'm reading Monica's email correctly, and I'm pretty sure I am, I am extremely impressed with the way they're going to go about this. Very professional setup. It will take a bit more patience, but delayed gratification pays off in the long run.

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• Aw. So we're not going to hear what the final choices are until October?

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                Aw. So we're not going to hear what the final choices are until October?
                I intentionally did not speculate on that, but part of the reason I posted was because it will definitely be a bit longer. I think it's going to be worth it though. I look at this setup and the logistical side of my teacher brain geeks out. Just trust that the Devs know what they are doing, because they really do.

Comment

• So, out of context because I'm not saying the two lines it already has, but any thoughts on adding Demon to Hawara?

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                    So, out of context because I'm not saying the two lines it already has, but any thoughts on adding Demon to Hawara?
                    I've been in love with Demon going as far back as historically possible since the Shard in the STG about it. I'm a fan, but I might love something else more if other options were on the table.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

So, out of context because I'm not saying the two lines it already has, but any thoughts on adding Demon to Hawara?
                      Well you kind of gave away that demon ISN'T already one of the two lines for Hawara, although that isn't a shocker.

I'm curious what you would do with demon in Hawara?

Comment

• See, this is why messaging each other is ok, but I'm less happy about talking about it in the fourms.

As I said on the Group, you get ancient Egyptian Infrastructure, and more information about dealing with how [Redacted] interact and more insight into the likely conflicts between [Redacted]. Additionaly we could see how the splats feel about the local religion and how they differ. I imagine how the Unchained feel about Sobek is very different to how [Redacted] feel about the cult, which differes from how [Redacted] would feel, if 1E is anything to go by.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• *sees edited first post*

Ok, Second Chances now you're just being mean.
                          Last edited by tasti man LH; 09-12-2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                            *sees edited first post*

Ok, Second Chances now you're just being mean.
                            Not trying to be. I'm just not spilling the beans on what other people have picked unless they give me the go ahead. If they are cool with me saying what their picks are, I'll let you know. This way people can at least see how far along in the process we are. You may be able to figure out that something I said no one would guess from the edited first post though.

Comment

• Okay, how about a real update? So the thing that I said no one would guess was this: we didn't make one proposal for our additions, we all were asked to make an elevator pitch for our top two suggestions. I will let the others speak for themselves, but my top two were adding Mage to 1001 Nights or adding Promethean to the Western Front. I think both would be awesome and I'm pretty excited to see which one makes the final cut.

Comment

Okay, how about a real update? So the thing that I said no one would guess was this: we didn't make one proposal for our additions, we all were asked to make an elevator pitch for our top two suggestions. I will let the others speak for themselves, but my top two were adding Mage to 1001 Nights or adding Promethean to the Western Front. I think both would be awesome and I'm pretty excited to see which one makes the final cut.
                                That's a really cool way of doing it. I can't wait to see what the final decisions are. Were those with entire era additions asked for their top two choices as well?

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                                Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                                Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Working...
                                X