X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic Dark Eras 2 Backer Expansion Thread

Dark Eras 2 Backer Expansion Thread

This was always a popular topic in the first Dark Eras, so rather than bury the list of known backer expansions in the main thread, I'm giving it its own easy reference point.

Expansions
    Myself - Mage to 1001 Nights or ?
    FallenEco - ?
    [Redacted] - ?
    nofather - [Redacted] or [Redacted]
    [Redacted] - [Redacted] or ?

Resurrections
    World's First Ghost - Mississipi Steamboat or ?
    [Redacted] - [Redacted] or [Redacted]

Creation
    [Redacted] - [Redacted] or [Redacted]
    Last edited by Second Chances; 09-12-2017, 12:13 AM.

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    what are the chances that, after the finale decision would be revealed, that you could let us know what the other original era was? Because the curiosity would drive me insane! :P
    No real news from the backer front (still sworn to secrecy, will be very happy when I can discuss again), but I was just talking with the backer who added the original era. He's cool if I share the pitch that didn't make it after everything else is revealed, so you are in luck. Actually, I'm in luck too, since I kinda want to see it get developed as a fan Dark Era once DE2 gets released.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post

Was one of those proposed Resurrections Innocents London Blitz by any chance?
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Maybe you'll get lucky, though. It was a pretty popular idea for an Era. Maybe they'll include it as part of the Innocents 2E book.
    With Onyx Path writing Innocents 2E, I would rather for them to wait with London Blitz for Innocents 2E corebook - or we will end with products like Changeling quasi-2E and 'not really 1.5E' settings from Dark Eras 1 corebook. You should write Dark Era to the edition that is ended now, not taking works in progress to confuse users and audience. On the sidenote: I was one of most anticipating to read London Blitz. But right now, it better to wait till we will have proper 2E corebook. Interesting would be making it dual Era with Beast or Deviant about London's WW 2 then...

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied

Maybe you'll get lucky, though. It was a pretty popular idea for an Era. Maybe they'll include it as part of the Innocents 2E book.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied

Nope. Resurrection could only be Eras missed in the DE2 Kickstarter.

Leave a comment:

• Haberdasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Yup, everyone. So four Eras were proposed for resurrection and two original eras were put forth. Also, the person putting forth the original eras has a really good eye for suggesting unexpected but awesome game lines. Alas, I want both proposals!

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied

Yup, everyone. So four Eras were proposed for resurrection and two original eras were put forth. Also, the person putting forth the original eras has a really good eye for suggesting unexpected but awesome game lines. Alas, I want both proposals!
    what are the chances that, after the finale decision would be revealed, that you could let us know what the other original era was? Because the curiosity would drive me insane! :P

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

That's a really cool way of doing it. I can't wait to see what the final decisions are. Were those with entire era additions asked for their top two choices as well?

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Okay, how about a real update? So the thing that I said no one would guess was this: we didn't make one proposal for our additions, we all were asked to make an elevator pitch for our top two suggestions. I will let the others speak for themselves, but my top two were adding Mage to 1001 Nights or adding Promethean to the Western Front. I think both would be awesome and I'm pretty excited to see which one makes the final cut.
    That's a really cool way of doing it. I can't wait to see what the final decisions are. Were those with entire era additions asked for their top two choices as well?

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Okay, how about a real update? So the thing that I said no one would guess was this: we didn't make one proposal for our additions, we all were asked to make an elevator pitch for our top two suggestions. I will let the others speak for themselves, but my top two were adding Mage to 1001 Nights or adding Promethean to the Western Front. I think both would be awesome and I'm pretty excited to see which one makes the final cut.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    *sees edited first post*

Ok, Second Chances now you're just being mean.
    Not trying to be. I'm just not spilling the beans on what other people have picked unless they give me the go ahead. If they are cool with me saying what their picks are, I'll let you know. This way people can at least see how far along in the process we are. You may be able to figure out that something I said no one would guess from the edited first post though.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    *sees edited first post*

Ok, Second Chances now you're just being mean.
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 09-12-2017, 12:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    See, this is why messaging each other is ok, but I'm less happy about talking about it in the fourms.

As I said on the Group, you get ancient Egyptian Infrastructure, and more information about dealing with how [Redacted] interact and more insight into the likely conflicts between [Redacted]. Additionaly we could see how the splats feel about the local religion and how they differ. I imagine how the Unchained feel about Sobek is very different to how [Redacted] feel about the cult, which differes from how [Redacted] would feel, if 1E is anything to go by.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    So, out of context because I'm not saying the two lines it already has, but any thoughts on adding Demon to Hawara?
    Well you kind of gave away that demon ISN'T already one of the two lines for Hawara, although that isn't a shocker.

I'm curious what you would do with demon in Hawara?

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    So, out of context because I'm not saying the two lines it already has, but any thoughts on adding Demon to Hawara?
    I've been in love with Demon going as far back as historically possible since the Shard in the STG about it. I'm a fan, but I might love something else more if other options were on the table.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X