No announcement yet.

The Prophetic Masses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions to play the devil's advocate: In a world about to be hit by a 9/11 event why wouldn't that be "the Story being told"? Doesn't that seem artificial to have it not since even the werewolves in the cities where the hijackers took off would be affected?
    The simple answer? That was not the game we were playing...

Nothing artificial about it, in my opinion...
    As much of a tragedy that it was, it was not the only tragedy going on at the time...
    And in the World of Darkness, there are probably far more tragic things occurring all over the world. Our world but fractured, after all...
    I don't expect that all procogs are getting a feed of the exact same things... they would get stuff relevant to their location...
    Last edited by Tymeaus Jalynsfein; 08-11-2017, 05:30 PM.

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

Originally posted by Tymeaus Jalynsfein View Post

The simple answer? That was not the game we were playing...

Nothing artificial about it, in my opinion...
      As much of a tragedy that it was, it was not the only tragedy going on at the time...
      And in the World of Darkness, there are probably far more tragic things occurring all over the world. Our world but fractured, after all...
      I don't expect that all procogs are getting a feed of the exact same things... they would get stuff relevant to their location...
      As I said, devil's advocate as that isn't my stance, I prefer the interference theory. Though in retrospect it'd be particularly hard on Iron Master Cahaliths in the cities where the Hijackers took off, as what humans in their territory were or ever will be in the Cahalith's life time be destined to increase Essence flow to oppressive concepts spirit than those Hijackers, not to mention push the american police force towards increasing militarization. My wife and I watch quite a few procedural police dramas and letting a "bad guy slip away" is a major source of drama in those stories, revolving around guilt and obsession. It seems appropriate that Iron Master Cahalith might spit a curse at their Prophetic dreams, and feel deeply bitter to not have gotten whiff of prey that significant, not even mentioning social repercussions. In fact if I were ever to play a Cahalith in any of the cities that the Hijackers left from I'd request the Guilty and Embarrassing Secret Condition at the beginning of play, with it being because he had the Prophetic Dream about the Towers Falling and failed to urge his pack to call a Sacred Hunt.

Originally posted by Malus View Post
      Unless the towers had to go down or they would have been the gateway to an extra-dimensional all-devouring invincible swarm of giant bugs.
      Or because it contained the the sanctum of a powerful Seers of the Throne pylon, vampire Prince haven, and an Elysium that some radical extremist Pentacle mages in Saudi Arabia wanted to attack. The towers were obvious places of Hallows of great power, and its silly to think with New York be a place with a history of Seer control (according to 'The Door' story in Mage core), it wouldn't be in thier control.
      Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 08-12-2017, 03:21 AM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
      "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Part of the werewolf thing is that, like the Shadow, you are fluid and reactive. More oppressive conceptual spirits might seem like a bad thing, but it offers you the opportunity to get new Gifts that would allow you to take advantage of these things or slip around them. The Technology Gifts alone, while relatively useless outside of very specific situations hundreds of years ago, allow a werewolf complete command of modern technology and neuter most of it as a threat.

And while your character may feel Guilty or Embarrassed at not having seen it coming, the Forsaken did just come out of the Brethren War where most of their population was killed or brainwashed, and the arrival of the idigam. So their world had already been through tumultuous events. It would probably impact the New York werewolves more, at least at the time.
        Last edited by nofather; 08-11-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X