X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    Could not Gyro being specific face of Contagion affliction for werewolves? It's something I read in the spoilers to this date.
    They could, but it's never been stated as far as I know. If you've read spoilers that do connect the Geryo with the Contagion, please share.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Could not Gyro being specific face of Contagion affliction for werewolves? It's something I read in the spoilers to this date.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    I have not seen confirmation that the Geryo infection would be connected to the Contagion in any way. Only that they will be part of the Contagion Chronicle, but so will all the major splats and none of them have any specific ties to the Contagion. I personally think the Geryo will be more involved (why else would they bother including an antagonist that wasn't even completely developed into the book?) but at this point it's pure conjecture that the Geryo infection would be a version of the Contagion.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    I'm confused. The geryo infection is part of the contagion? I thought the infection they brought to werewolves was unique to them only?

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    We do know that the Geryo and the Bale Hounds seems to support its spread, and I wouldn't be surprised if Belial's Brood would do the same- but who of the others would be twisted enough to actively support the corruption of the world over saving/taking over it?)
    Scelesti - they all want to have 'new, better world - after I destroy that we live in'.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    So now we know that the Geryo seem to at least transfer a certain strain of the Contagion to the Uratha through some way (I assume biting? it is usually biting), which makes me believe that, at least on their side, the Geryo are not going to side with the False/Sworn, and instead be on the Contagion's side (which is interesting to think about, as we never considered which monsters would actually side with the Contagion. We do know that the Geryo and the Bale Hounds seems to support its spread, and I wouldn't be surprised if Belial's Brood would do the same- but who of the others would be twisted enough to actively support the corruption of the world over saving/taking over it?)

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    That's great to hear! I may end up liking this more than the God-machine Chronicles

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Pretty much. But really I'm just happy it seems EVERY supernatural of every society will be able to do their own things involving the contagion and working together
    You are right, and that is definitely by design.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Pretty much. But really I'm just happy it seems EVERY supernatural of every society will be able to do their own things involving the contagion and working together

Leave a comment:

• TyrannicalRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    One thing this answers is the (needless) worry about splats being irrelevant due to Mages and Mummies.

We have an insatiable that can take chambers for use as safe laboratories, a vampire that is trying to make a contagion free coil, an angel contagion manager, and even a devoted Remade as perfect for hunting the contagion down
    I mean, it was as you mentioned, never a valid concern anyway. So I imagine that the book wont even waste overdue time on the subject. Particular since I bet cults will do a surprising amount of things potentially in some of these organizations as far as Mummies go.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Is that a quote?
    Reference to Ruby Quest.

There's a psychotic surgeon there named Filbert who is driven by his homicidal dedication to killing everyone infected by a mutative illness. This includes everyone, even those with minor, benign mutations like our main character.

And Filbert himself. He just refuses to acknowledge it.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Originally posted by Leliel View Post
    "CUT...the BAD...OUT!

-A Fire-Bearer. Really, any Fire-Bearer.

Is that a quote?

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    "CUT...the BAD...OUT!

-A Fire-Bearer. Really, any Fire-Bearer.
    Last edited by Leliel; 08-29-2018, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    One thing this answers is the (needless) worry about splats being irrelevant due to Mages and Mummies.

We have an insatiable that can take chambers for use as safe laboratories, a vampire that is trying to make a contagion free coil, an angel contagion manager, and even a devoted Remade as perfect for hunting the contagion down

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    From what I understand the text - God-Machine is just ally of Pure against Contagion for the Crucible Initiative. Not sure statement for G-M on whole possible Contagion, in very Sworn or False groups.

On the other hand, I'm very interested on Cheiron's Group relations with Crucible Initiative - I can see it goes both ways, as 'corporations wars' of 'who get's test subject first' to short term alliance 'we will take hand from this demon, rest is for you to incinerate it'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X