Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tessie
    replied
    "Where the Sworn (by and large) wish to contain or destroy the Contagion riddling the Earth, its people, and the God-Machine, the False choose to weaponize it, take their destructive aims too far and commit acts of genocide against innocents, or fully embrace the coming end of the world (as we know it)."

While the sentence can be read as "contain or destroy the Contagion riddling the Earth, [contain or destroy] it's people, and [contain or destroy] the God-Machine" I think it's supposed to be read as "contain or destroy the Contagion riddling the Earth, [riddling] it's people, and [riddling] the God-Machine".
    So the Sworn does not lump them together.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    And yet, the God Machine is called out as opposing the Contagion and even saying that the G-M might even be afraid of the Contagion.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    I'm excited that you can have insatiables as allies (though the begotten probably would not be happy about that)

I can only think of the possibilities such as quashamallin and strix, demons and angels, idigram and mage, and maybe even the god machine and gentry

Leave a comment:

• MrOwl
    replied
    I think it’s interesting that the sworn lump in the contagion with the god-machine. It makes sense. If you want to get demons involved. But it’s an interesting point to lump them in together.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Kind of like Promethean's Centimani are “kind of” a Refinement? That is, mechanically equivalent, but conceptually opposed? A sort of “anti-Vector”?

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    The False get access to a... kind of Vector

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    I asked before where the Vectors come from, and I don't recall getting an answer. If Vectors are in some way a manifestation of the Contagion, then it would make sense that the Crucible, being virulently opposed to the Contagion, wouldn't have a Vector.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    True, but anything is good at this point

Also I did think something was missing, isn't the vector question supposed to be after the contagion as a disease section

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    And it mentions a chimeric Remade, so bonus for deviant tease
    Eh, it doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know, though.

EDIT: back on point, anyone notice there's no mention of a Vector with the Crucible?

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    And it mentions a chimeric Remade, so bonus for deviant tease

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    So we've had a look at one of the Sworn, now here's our first look at one of the False, the Crucible Initiative.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
    It makes sense to explore options for rooting the Contagion in the different games' cosmologies, at least those that include something that could be a source of it (turmoil within the Gauntlet, the Abyss, rampant Flux, a glitch in the God-Machine).

I hope at least for some Story Seeds section on each CoD 'subrealms' interpretation - adding some small mechanical twist for each would be golden. Like, I dunno, maybe Gauntlet Contagion rendering it slowly open ( as Rats are connected with disease ) or something. You can still have multiple those effects on various 'subrealms' - so one Contagion is taking at Gauntlet AND Flux, for example.

Leave a comment:

• SunlessNick
    replied
    It makes sense to explore options for rooting the Contagion in the different games' cosmologies, at least those that include something that could be a source of it (turmoil within the Gauntlet, the Abyss, rampant Flux, a glitch in the God-Machine).

Leave a comment:

• Malus
    replied
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    That's the Storyteller's call. If he thinks that he can enrich his game by saying that the Contagion comes from the Abyss, then insisting that he leave it a Mystery is a bad thing.
    Nope. It's the author's call right now. We're not discussing table implementation. We're discussing an unreleased product.

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    Having the Contagion be Abyssal or not both have advantages for Mage; the former obviously makes things easier to focus on Mage, while the latter allows people to gleefully merge and mix up the two phenomena to churn out whatever fortean horrors they can think of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X