No announcement yet.

Contagion Chronicle book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattDawkins talked in Pathcast how they written False as PLAYABLE splats, just like some groups and players want to be able play Pure, Bale Hounds, Seers or similar 'main gameline antagonists'. He also pointed that even normal, 'good side' groups join False - so in those groups are also Forsaken werewolves, Diamond Orders mages or Seasonal Courts changelings. In the end, he simply said that line between 'good guys' and 'bad guys' is very blurred in Sworn and False dichotomy.

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• I'm getting the impression from the Podcasts where contagion is mentioned,that damn near anyone could become part of a Sworn or False group. Any of the splats,minor and major. But also strix,idigam,Tremere,pandorans,huntsmen ,slashers,reapers etc.... Seems like anyone and anything can join a group and have access to Vectors if the group will have them. Is that correct?

Comment

• I think a huntsmen might join a group temporarily,but won't they fade away once they find their target?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Rarely. Naglfar's Army are the most likely to do something like that, but it's not the standard modus operandi.
          So so far we have one group named The Naglfar from norse myth and one named after Theseus from greek myth. Which makes me wonder:are the False/Sworn groups and the Contagion mythological in origin?

Comment

• Only one of them is actually from myth. The other is a philosophical thought experiment presented by a historical person (though the thought experiment is ultimately named after a mythical person).
            Another connection (that is probably completely coincidental) is that two of the three Sworn/False that I know of (I haven't listened to the podcasts; I'd very much prefer a transcript) are named after ships.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
              Only one of them is actually from myth. The other is a philosophical thought experiment presented by a historical person (though the thought experiment is ultimately named after a mythical person).
              Another connection (that is probably completely coincidental) is that two of the three Sworn/False that I know of (I haven't listened to the podcasts; I'd very much prefer a transcript) are named after ships.
              I was told once that there is a theme on native american mythology of disease being brought by ships,because the colonizers brought disease with them when they came to new world.

Comment

• Great; now we've got shipping wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                  Great; now we've got shipping wars.

Goddammit Dataweaver.

Comment

• Better than what I was thinking-namely I was wonder who was shipping Kamduis-Ur with asides from Anpu.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                    Work Blog Coming Soon
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• I dunno, I like the idea of a Sworn group coming up with an unconventional weapon to fight the Contagion...a weapon that takes the form of a giant garden gnome.

They'll never see it coming!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        MattDawkins talked in Pathcast how they written False as PLAYABLE splats, just like some groups and players want to be able play Pure, Bale Hounds, Seers or similar 'main gameline antagonists'. He also pointed that even normal, 'good side' groups join False - so in those groups are also Forsaken werewolves, Diamond Orders mages or Seasonal Courts changelings. In the end, he simply said that line between 'good guys' and 'bad guys' is very blurred in Sworn and False dichotomy.
                        I can easily see the Seers joining the Sworn as well some of the Pure. Heck the one Sworn write up we have fits the Seers like a glove and I can easily see the Ivories being on board as well.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                          I'm getting the impression from the Podcasts where contagion is mentioned,that damn near anyone could become part of a Sworn or False group. Any of the splats,minor and major. But also strix,idigam,Tremere,pandorans,huntsmen ,slashers,reapers etc.... Seems like anyone and anything can join a group and have access to Vectors if the group will have them. Is that correct?
                          That is correct. As Acopiltaczet says however, some creatures (like Huntsmen) are going to be far less inclined and definitely be temporary members at best.

Matthew Dawkins
                          In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

• As we progress nicely along with final drafts, I'll answer a few questions you're dying to ask about the Contagion Chronicle. Shoot.

Matthew Dawkins
                            In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

As we progress nicely along with final drafts, I'll answer a few questions you're dying to ask about the Contagion Chronicle. Shoot.
                              Thanks Matthew!! I've been eager to ask the name of the fifth Sworn group (thus far we have the Cryptocracy, the Jeremiad, The Ship of Theseus, & the Rosetta Society). and which would you join?

Comment

As we progress nicely along with final drafts, I'll answer a few questions you're dying to ask about the Contagion Chronicle. Shoot.
                                ammm if I may...

a) would there any new playable/antagonist template/splat which is directly connected to the Contagion? Like, could you play a Hurt Locker's Infect which were created by the Contagion?

b) we know that the Contagion effects supernatural beings, but how it influence the mortal world? I mean, we know that at least one Faction believes its origin is from human actions (the Cryptocracy's Social Entropy theory), but how do mortal society influenced by those outbreaks?

c) are there attempts to create a vaccine against the Contagion, and how successful were they through the years? While I assume that eliminating the Contagion is out of option, are there things which offer a measure of protection from it, or perhaps even allow to heal those infected by it? I expect Cheiron to work on such a thing, for example.

d) what is your favorite Faction, and how easy would it be to create new Factions (Sworn/False/Something else? After all, you mentioned that some groups may have their own attitude toward the Contagion which does not align with either the Sworn or False, like Belial's Brood or the Bale Hounds).

e) would we see "guest appearances" from old favorite NPCs? Like the Unholy, Zagerus, the Nameless, Theleme, Dr Brine, Blind Man, Unwashed Issac, etc?

f) how similar are different outbreaks of the Contagion? I mean, are there always the same symptoms, or that for someone without any knowledge about the subject two outbreaks would look like two very different occult infections? Are there "Contagion strains", with it evolving through time and each creates different symptoms or twist the occult world in different ways?

g) If a different occult disaster would strike the planet (like, say, an alien/Void Leviathan invasion or the equivalent of a supernatural earthquake), as in the level of something which would force different monsters to band together in a similar fashion to the Contagion, would the Sworn/False division and methods of operation when dealing the crises would be more or less the same, or are there cases in which a different "Sworn/False" division would form? (so the question is, in fact, how strongly tied is the Sworn/False division to the Contagion itself, and how much it is tied to the group's ideology and world view. I mean, would Naglfar's Army would be considered allies in a case of the awakening of an elder god, with them willing to sacrifice their life while fighting the beast, while some other Sworn group would turn out supporting the beast in an attempt to study/worship it?)

That's what I have right now. Feel free to ignore those questions which you would not like to answer right now :P
                                Last edited by LostLight; 05-20-2018, 10:17 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                                X