Contagion Chronicle book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    But isn't the Contagion something that mainly effects the supernatural?
    No, it seems to affect everything.

Comment

• There are a number of minor template humans with supernatural merits or conditions: Sleepers, Psychic Vampires, Psychics, the really lucky folks, the Infected, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
        Chronicles of Darkness doesn't have a dominant splat.
        Originally posted by Tessie View Post
        In this case I'd call regular humans a splat. If you've already included everyone else it'd definitely be a wasted opportunity not to feature a setting for the shared universe's titular gameline.
        Originally posted by Robert D View Post
        There are a number of minor template humans with supernatural merits or conditions: Sleepers, Psychic Vampires, Psychics, the really lucky folks, the Infected, etc.
        ...actually, wasn't it already mentioned that blue-book/Merit-based splats would NOT be having any significant highlighting compared to the main splats for Contagion Chronicle?

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

...actually, wasn't it already mentioned that blue-book/Merit-based splats would NOT be having any significant highlighting compared to the main splats for Contagion Chronicle?
          What? No minor splat weirdness?! FOR SHAAAAAME!!!

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• There are mortal-only supernatural merits, a number of which are tied to 'mini-templates'. Hurt Locker is a Chronicles book, as were Immortals, Inferno and Skinchangers (albeit in first edition). Heck, if the Contagion messes with metaphysics, mundane humans may be affected by the 'domino effect', if nothing else.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Blue Book splats were mentioned as a possibility ton feature in a Companion book, if I remember correctly. I assume we'll have to wait and see how the Kickstarter rolls.

As for the mysterious 12th setting, I'll call either mortal (general CofD) or "none" (that is, a full crossover, like Tokyo for example). There is also a very slim chance for Inferno/Lucifuge, if we follow the Honshu Freehold model, but it is not likely, IMO.
              Last edited by LostLight; 06-03-2018, 01:02 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Promethean. Changeling, Hunter, Geist, Demon, Mummy, Beast, Deviant = 11. What's the twelfth going to be themed on, I wonder?
                I'm going to leave it a mystery for now, but it's not mortals.

Matthew Dawkins
                In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

• Changing Breeds, obviously. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Malus View Post
                    Changing Breeds, obviously. :P
                    This... kinda makes sense. Their mechanics were a mess, and fan reactions more so, but they were a “full” supernatural template (with a Potency trait and Morality replacement)

But I still want Inferno

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Changing ... Inferno? I would sell my claw AND soul for it!

LGBT+ in CoD games
                      Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                      Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                      Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                      My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• The Contagion itself perhaps?

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Nah; it's the surprise reveal of the next gameline in Chronicles of Darkness after Deviant!

And while that would be cool, I don't seriously think that's what it will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                            Nah; it's the surprise reveal of the next gameline in Chronicles of Darkness after Deviant!

And while that would be cool, I don't seriously think that's what it will be.
                            Given at Dark Eras 2 may be the debut of Deviants (depending on how fast the two books move through Development), I would not rule this out as a possibility.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• It needs to be Mad Scientists as the next splat .

Comment

• Originally posted by Basic View Post
                                It needs to be Mad Scientists as the next splat .
                                It doesn't need to be anything.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X