No announcement yet.

Contagion Chronicle book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Scientists sounds more like a Blue Book to me.

Comment

• Or a fan splat. Possibly even a home brew flavour hack for Mage.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
        Or a fan splat. Possibly even a home brew flavour hack for Mage.
        Nah, more involved than that.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Perhaps the 12th is meant to be a Dark Eras look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
            Nah, more involved than that.
            Referring to the flavour hack, I assume? I was thinking more than just replacing the terminology. To me, mad science to me is hubris; having the capability to do amazing things, but instead choosing to take it too far. And basing it upon a system for improvising supernatural effects seems most fitting for the type of engineering that is associated with mad science. The Arcana and Practices would definitely have to be redefined (especially so that all supernatural effects comes from the creations of the mad scientist rather than directly from them) but since the foundations to both concepts (hubris and freeform systems for supernatural effects) are already part of Mage I think it's natural to use Mage as the foundation for such a hack.

Of course, it's just my completely subjective opinion and, quite frankly, completely irrelevant to this thread.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Does not sound like Hubris to me. The description looks more like an OCD. Someone so out of touch with the reality and status quo that she is bothered with her time, but not out of pride but out of estrangement, just like Adrian Monk.

Comment

• On the twelfth template, it seems that the most popular theories are that it will be Changing Breed or that it will be the next limited line after Desviants. But what if both are true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Linus View Post
                  Does not sound like Hubris to me. The description looks more like an OCD. Someone so out of touch with the reality and status quo that she is bothered with her time, but not out of pride but out of estrangement, just like Adrian Monk.
                  That pretty much sounds like Promethean to me. And honestly, as someone with learning disabilities and a teacher of students with everything from ASD to ADHD, I actively don't want game about mad scientists.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Considering the abundance of ephemeral and otherwise alien entities that abound the setting it is about time we have a 'price of power' sort of gameline, where the choice to become a supernatural was entirely within their hands and now so is all the baggage that comes with it.

Comment

• Go into the subject of Promethean a bit. But the same way skinchangers do with Werewolf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                        That pretty much sounds like Promethean to me. And honestly, as someone with learning disabilities and a teacher of students with everything from ASD to ADHD, I actively don't want game about mad scientists.
                        I am pretty sure you are in the minority there. The Mad Scientist Genius fangame is pretty popular.

Comment

• As someone who knows (too well) the subject, I think there has to be some difference in the way you describe "mad scientists"- if the scientist is the one which is mad, it is a problem, as presenting "the scientist is mad" would make me feel a bit uncomfortable, as it may glorify madness or present it in a caricature like way. If it would be "the science is mad", that is you use science which goes against the laws and nature of reality in order to force your own vision upon the world, that is something that could be really nice. Sure, it could be covered by Mage, Promethean, Hunter or Deviant, but that's what we've thought about Mummy and Demon, and we still got them, right?

However, all of that is not related to the subject, and we could all assume that the chances that the "12th setting" would feature a splat of mad scientists is really, really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaally slim. As the CC seem to be focused around 2e, and I doubt it would invest the wordcount at updating either Inferno or Changing Breeds, I really do wonder what that setting would feature, other than the "none" option.... unless we are making certain assumption. After all, Mattew did said they have access to all 2e books, including those which are under development. Who knows? Perhaps Inferno is going to get 2e and we simply don't know :P (wishful thinking)

In short, I think that we should focus around 2e material, and remember that the writers have access to more such material than we do. Unless that's Hurt Locker, of course.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruger View Post

I am pretty sure you are in the minority there. The Mad Scientist Genius fangame is pretty popular.
                            Regardless, this is off-topic to the thread.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              Considering the abundance of ephemeral and otherwise alien entities that abound the setting it is about time we have a 'price of power' sort of gameline, where the choice to become a supernatural was entirely within their hands and now so is all the baggage that comes with it.
                              We had/still have that in Beast. Certain subsections lost their shit.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                                We had/still have that in Beast. Certain subsections lost their shit.
                                Was the Homecoming a choice pre-rewrites? Otherwise we kinda have Mage, with their Awakening requiring active participation (though virtually nobody would actually know what they're about to become) as well as Geist, with the Bound taking the Bargain (though their other choice is kinda limited to death).

Comment

Working...
                                X