Contagion Chronicle book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Was the Homecoming a choice pre-rewrites? Otherwise we kinda have Mage, with their Awakening requiring active participation (though virtually nobody would actually know what they're about to become) as well as Geist, with the Bound taking the Bargain (though their other choice is kinda limited to death).
    1) Yes, 2) As of BPG, the Devouring is still something you can reject.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      Nah; it's the surprise reveal of the next gameline in Chronicles of Darkness after Deviant!

And while that would be cool, I don't seriously think that's what it will be.
      I don't either, but it would be pretty cool.

Originally posted by Robert D View Post
      Perhaps the 12th is meant to be a Dark Eras look.
      That would make sense. And it would make sense for that one not to concentrate on any one line.

Another option might be a supernatural phenomenon, otherworld, or magical location that's not tied to one splat, but one which can be used or explored by all of them on a more or less even footing (sort of the like the Shadow Realm might be if the only game lines you had to hand were Vampire, Promethean, Changeling, Hunter, and Mummy) - and how the Contagion affects that.

Or a setting where the supernaturals have formed a true cross-species community - that is something that ought to be covered in a crossover book - but the other eleven being more focussed doesn't rule out that having happened in them anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
        That would make sense. And it would make sense for that one not to concentrate on any one line.
        And while each setting will be framed in a way to be crossover-friendly and with the Contagion, each location will have a particular slant to one of the splats (for instance one location would have a heavy Vampire presence, another Promethean-focused, another Demon, etc). Which also means that there will be a Condition/Tilt in each location that's themed around the dominant splat.
        Unless the information relayed from the podcast is somehow lacking (I haven't listened to it personally) then it will have ties with a splat. The question is which one? I'm going to suggest the Geryo. I don't personally think they'll become a playable splat in the Contagion Chronicle, but wanted to present the possibility anyway.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Ok, so I skimmed the thread and got a general idea of what it's about. Never was a fan of crossover in my CoD games so I'm only mildly interested and have a question:

How much of the book is going to be usefull when running a single-splat game? Will it be possible to use the Sworn and False in a, for instance, only Mage game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Menace View Post
            Ok, so I skimmed the thread and got a general idea of what it's about. Never was a fan of crossover in my CoD games so I'm only mildly interested and have a question:

How much of the book is going to be usefull when running a single-splat game? Will it be possible to use the Sworn and False in a, for instance, only Mage game?
            Based on what we know, the Contagion, Mage related factors and factions as concerns the Sworn and the False, and Vectors should all theoretically be of use.

That said, the book is The Crossover Chronicle book. If that isn't your cup of tea, one has to wonder what you expect to get from it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

• Well I don't mind it not being might cup of tea. Not everything is for everyone and I'm ok with this book not being for me, though the idea of the Contagion is somewhat interesting so I asked about it. Cause in general, I always thought that crossover lessens the themes of the games involved and means you can't dwell into a particular game line as much as you'd want. Though I understand a lot of people like them.

Also wasn't asking strictly about Mage, just an example cause it's the game I'm most familiar with. Same with other gamelines, does the Contagion Chronicle work when used in a non-crossover game?

Comment

Also wasn't asking strictly about Mage, just an example cause it's the game I'm most familiar with. Same with other gamelines, does the Contagion Chronicle work when used in a non-crossover game?
                I know, i just ran with the example given. THe answers remain the same across the board.

Comment

Ok, so I skimmed the thread and got a general idea of what it's about. Never was a fan of crossover in my CoD games so I'm only mildly interested and have a question:

I can't imagine you couldn't play a single-splat game with it. It's mostly about the Contagion and either fighting it or helping it. You will probably find mechanics that facilitate cross-over and also some splat-specific material, but I would think generally you'd get almost as much value out of it as someone running a cross-over game.

Comment

• I guess the question is, how large part of the content is splat-specific. Is it like Dark Erras where you'd be using something like 1/5 of the book (talking from what I heard, haven't actually read the thing) or is there a more general core to the chronicle with the splat specific parts being additions.

Comment

• Rose Bailey said, 'The Crossover Chronicle is going to provide story context for the different monsters interacting. We'll be dealing with mechanics and answering rules interaction questions, but it's not exclusively a rulebook.'

Though she's no longer involved with it, I think, it looks like it's going to be more setting but no splat looks like it's going to be left out.

Comment

• Additionally, I believed it was said that the Contagion was designed to be a big enough threat that just one splat can't handle them by themselves.

Granted I had no idea to what extent since the book isn't out, but if it is it would make things tricky to use the Contagion as is without massively rewriting it.

Comment

• The Contagion Chronicle can definitely work for a non-crossover game, though I would say the Sworn and the False work best when comprised of creatures from different game lines.

Matthew Dawkins
                          In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

• Thanks for your answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                              Unless the information relayed from the podcast is somehow lacking (I haven't listened to it personally) then it will have ties with a splat. The question is which one? I'm going to suggest the Geryo. I don't personally think they'll become a playable splat in the Contagion Chronicle, but wanted to present the possibility anyway.
                              Purified, maybe? They're pretty popular as far as I can tell.

Comment

• I would expect one of the ephemeral entities. Personally, I lean towards spirits. That said, I’d be delighted if it was actually for an unrevealed game line.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                                Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
                                Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Working...
                                X