Contagion Chronicle book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
    I would expect one of the ephemeral entities. Personally, I lean towards spirits. That said, I’d be delighted if it was actually for an unrevealed game line.
    You would think they would be covered in the Wolf/Geist focused books, given those splat's close relation to the ephemeral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruger View Post

You would think they would be covered in the Wolf/Geist focused books, given those splat's close relation to the ephemeral.
      And Angels would get hit in a Demon book, if not their section.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Originally posted by Menace View Post
        Ok, so I skimmed the thread and got a general idea of what it's about. Never was a fan of crossover in my CoD games so I'm only mildly interested and have a question:

How much of the book is going to be usefull when running a single-splat game? Will it be possible to use the Sworn and False in a, for instance, only Mage game?

it should still have use even without crossovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruger View Post

That was my first thought, but then it occurred to me that the Contagion might be specifically interacting with Uratha nature in one location and spirit nature in another, for example.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
          Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
          Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• So, since the Contagion Chronicle book is also explicitly for crossovers, what kinda of "X and Y" interactions are we going to see? Like what happens if a Fetch gets made from inert Pandorans, or can you Install Embeds/Exploits into Imbued Items/Fetishes/Relics/etc.?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• I think most edge cases will be passed over in the Corebook. Fetches and Pandorans are lower priorities than say, Blood Sorcery and Alchemy. Additional books could go into the side-character details.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Yeeehaw,as of today contagion is officially in Development,I dare think we may see a Kickstarter in decemberĺ

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                  Yeeehaw,as of today contagion is officially in Development,I dare think we may see a Kickstarter in decemberĺ
                  They've been leaning away from that, 'cause Christmas. New Year 2019 wouldn't be out of the question, though...

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menace View Post
                    Also wasn't asking strictly about Mage, just an example cause it's the game I'm most familiar with. Same with other gamelines, does the Contagion Chronicle work when used in a non-crossover game?
                    I haven't kept up on spoilers for the Contagion Chronicle (I've got a lot on my podcast plate at this point), but I'd belatedly like to add a question I've been chewing on as a counterpart to this earlier question.

How useful is The Contagion Chronicle (as in the book) for crossover-heavier games that don't use the Contagion as a focus or even as an element? Is it more like the Strix of Vampire: The Requiem, a cool world element well equipped to fan the fires of the game, but without which the game is still rich and complete with its treatment of other dynamics? More like the Huntsmen of Changeling: The Lost, a climactic iconic threat that characters are generally aware of even when not caught in its orbit, but still one of many things going on in the typical story? Is it more like the God-Machine of Demon: the Descent, a crucial focal point which, while it's not the only source of conflict or force arrayed in opposition, is a presence whose influence is felt throughout the game's consciousness? Or is it more like Other: The Please Specify?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
                      How useful is The Contagion Chronicle (as in the book) for crossover-heavier games that don't use the Contagion as a focus or even as an element?
                      I asked a similar question earlier on, and got:
                      Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                      Oh, and in case I've not confirmed it already, the Sworn are playable even without the Contagion as a setting element. Some of their vectors are naturally associated with Contagion, but not all.

Comment

• Originally posted by mistress of whispers View Post
                        Will anything on this book be related to the Contagion Chronicle?

No, for two reasons. First is that the Contagion Chronicle was but a speck in Matthew Dawkin's eye when we were writing this one. Second is that we deliberately steered away from the God-Machine. You can definitely see traces of it, on account of the God-Machine being so cool that the book's writers couldn't resist, but we didn't want to delve too deeply into the God-Machine chronicles for what is very much a Promethean book.
                        From the thread about the upcoming Night Horrors: The Tormented for Promethean: The Created. It seems the Contagion will have deep ties with the God-Machine, unlike the playable splats that I believe will be completely optional.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post

From the thread about the upcoming Night Horrors: The Tormented for Promethean: The Created. It seems the Contagion will have deep ties with the God-Machine, unlike the playable splats that I believe will be completely optional.
                          Perhaps only in the sense that the Machine’s delicate matrices are easier to break? I think I heard something about the usual first signs of the Contagion being that Infrastructure gets screwed.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• I think more than so, if steering away from the God-Machine is a reason to steer away from the Contagion. It kinda implies the God-Machine is mandatory (or at least has enough ties to make it difficult to remove) if you want to include the Contagion in your setting.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Yep looks like the GM is a big part of this. Anyway enjoy the preview. Among the splats I'd say the Kindred are the most central in this one, second probably demons
                              http://theonyxpath.com/the-cryptocra...ion-chronicle/

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                                I asked a similar question earlier on, and got:
                                To narrow the question, then: how much does it have to offer that doesn't focus on the Contagion or the Sworn or False?

Comment

Working...
                                X