Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
    It's all very exciting, isn't it?
    You goddamn right it is you bloody genius.

Comment

• I just heard about this project today. My first assumption was that it would be an entirely new Chronicle book for the setting. This excited me to think of the different iterations of the world of darkness that we would see in this, and future chronicle books. Upon skimming this thread though, it seems they are keeping God-Machine rather than doing something new. That's unfortunate.

I guess the mistake I see is the decision to tie Demon: the Descent to the God-Machine. Therefore, the God-Machine cannot be taken out of any future Chronicle books without alienating the Demon player base.

It's too bad they decided to bake it in to the main dish rather than offering it as a side dish, so to speak.

Comment

I'm always excited when I have more things to add to my timeline!

I'm definitely digging this. The What We Have To Lose and Gain sections are a nice touch that will be very helpful. Gives an idea of the motivations that would drive some of the stranger monsters to ally with the Sworn.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          It is. And it's also bloody amazingly well written,I know Meghan was good from her work on changeling,but now I'm thinkingg she may be as good as Rowling or Gaiman or even Rein-Hagen
          Even Rein•Hagen? Good Lord!

Matthew Dawkins
          In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by Acopiltaczet View Post
            You goddamn right it is you bloody genius.
            Too kind, and all credit to the writers.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by figurehead View Post
              I just heard about this project today. My first assumption was that it would be an entirely new Chronicle book for the setting. This excited me to think of the different iterations of the world of darkness that we would see in this, and future chronicle books. Upon skimming this thread though, it seems they are keeping God-Machine rather than doing something new. That's unfortunate.

I guess the mistake I see is the decision to tie Demon: the Descent to the God-Machine. Therefore, the God-Machine cannot be taken out of any future Chronicle books without alienating the Demon player base.

It's too bad they decided to bake it in to the main dish rather than offering it as a side dish, so to speak.
              Contagion is a catalyst for the events in this book (hence the name "The Contagion Chronicle") but references to the God-Machine are pretty limited throughout the book. The Contagion manifests in different ways, affecting our various game lines differently.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                I'm always excited when I have more things to add to my timeline!

I'm definitely digging this. The What We Have To Lose and Gain sections are a nice touch that will be very helpful. Gives an idea of the motivations that would drive some of the stranger monsters to ally with the Sworn.
                Those were Meghan's idea, so all credit to her.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• Okay guys,theory time. We know two things About The Ship Of Theseus,that their name is based on the idea that if you replace bits of something that thing may not exist anymore in the end,and that they believe Contagion is Evolution.
                  I'm thinking they want to stop that evolution,see, they believe that the Contagion is trying to replace human beings and themselves and they are having none of it. They are are anti-transhumanists. Their vector is porbably something that lets them assert their selves agaisnt any kind of change or invasion. physical mental or meta-physical

Comment

Okay guys,theory time. We know two things About The Ship Of Theseus,that their name is based on the idea that if you replace bits of something that thing may not exist anymore in the end,and that they believe Contagion is Evolution.
                    I'm thinking they want to stop that evolution,see, they believe that the Contagion is trying to replace human beings and themselves and they are having none of it. They are are anti-transhumanists. Their vector is porbably something that lets them assert their selves agaisnt any kind of change or invasion. physical mental or meta-physical
                    i dont know nick. the previews seems to indicate they want progress

Comment

• Originally posted by Acopiltaczet View Post
                      i dont know nick. the previews seems to indicate they want progress
                      Maybe they want progress in the sense humans keep developing their society but without changing their essential nature?

Comment

Maybe they want progress in the sense humans keep developing their society but without changing their essential nature?
                        Could be that,in fact i hope so. I love the good guys in horror stories

Comment

Absolutely! I've been homebrewing crossover ideas for years and it's amazing seeing it get created!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                            It kinda implies the God-Machine is mandatory (or at least has enough ties to make it difficult to remove) if you want to include the Contagion in your setting.
                            From the preview, it certainly looks like it.

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                            To be fair, God Machine Chronicle came out before Demon: the Descent did, and is not technically a Demon-only thing. That said, I'm pretty sure that Contagion Chronicle isn't God-Machine Chronicle, Part Deux.
                            Of all the factions, the Cryptocracy also seems like the one which would have a particular interest in - and knowledge of - an interconnected set of supernatural matrices nestled inside human structures, that steers humanity for its own ends.

Comment

• I dunno if it still applies now or not, but early on there was talk of Contagion being the result of the Strix possessing Infrastructure, so make of that what you will.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                                I dunno if it still applies now or not, but early on there was talk of Contagion being the result of the Strix possessing Infrastructure, so make of that what you will.
                                One of the Sworn factions,the Jeremiad i think, believes Contagion comes from another dimension,and some say the Strix also come from somewhere outside . So maybe

Comment

Working...
                                X