Contagion Chronicle book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    I dunno if it still applies now or not, but early on there was talk of Contagion being the result of the Strix possessing Infrastructure, so make of that what you will.
    The Demon Storyteller Guide does mention Strix glitching and corrupting infrastructure.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
      From the preview, it certainly looks like it.

Of all the factions, the Cryptocracy also seems like the one which would have a particular interest in - and knowledge of - an interconnected set of supernatural matrices nestled inside human structures, that steers humanity for its own ends.
      The Lifeweb within Mummy: The Curse too.

Matthew Dawkins
      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

• Weren't Strix used as an example for antagonistic spmats that can join both Sworn and False? That'd be weird if they're connected to the Contagion.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          Weren't Strix used as an example for antagonistic spmats that can join both Sworn and False? That'd be weird if they're connected to the Contagion.
          No antagonist from any of the other games is completely linked to Contagion.

Matthew Dawkins
          In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

• Do you think there going to be any of the Sworn Orders dedicating themselves purely to the contagion as a mystical phenomenom. The Cryptocrats view it as social entropy so they obviously fight it more from the angle of mortal society, therefore i wonder if there is going to be a faction that focuses purely on the mystical.

Second do we know if the Sworn and the False are going to have specific names for essentially the player groups, like packs or merets in werewolf and mummy for example?

Comment

• I also wonder if we could see minor supernaturals also get a token mention in relation to the contagion: I wonder if Lost Boys, Dark Heroes or The Changing Breeds are involved with the Sworn and the False.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caedus View Post
                Do you think there going to be any of the Sworn Orders dedicating themselves purely to the contagion as a mystical phenomenom. The Cryptocrats view it as social entropy so they obviously fight it more from the angle of mortal society, therefore i wonder if there is going to be a faction that focuses purely on the mystical.
                Well, the Rosetta believe it to be a message from another world which someone has to decipher (probably), and the Jeremiah see it as divine intervention/retribution/revelation/whatever, so yeah, it seems that there are purely mystical groups among the Sworn (and probably, the False)

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by Caedus View Post
                  I also wonder if we could see minor supernaturals also get a token mention in relation to the contagion: I wonder if Lost Boys, Dark Heroes or The Changing Breeds are involved with the Sworn and the False.
                  It's already been mentioned that, between the work spent on examining the major gamelines and the Contagion itself, the not-main-gamelines won't be getting much coverage, if any.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                  Work Blog Coming Soon
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                    It's already been mentioned that, between the work spent on examining the major gamelines and the Contagion itself, the not-main-gamelines won't be getting much coverage, if any.
                    But I also believe it was mentioned that such coverage would be perfect for a supplement. Possibly even a stretch goal on the Kickstarter.

(Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this project, so I'm just speculating like everyone else. It is entirely possible I am misremembering something.)

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                    He/His Pronouns
                    CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                      But I also believe it was mentioned that such coverage would be perfect for a supplement. Possibly even a stretch goal on the Kickstarter.

(Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this project, so I'm just speculating like everyone else. It is entirely possible I am misremembering something.)
                      Oh, undoubtedly-but those have to become real things first for the consideration.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                      Work Blog Coming Soon
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• So, for someone who hasn’t been following CC previews... What do we know about Contagion? From this latest one, I gather that it is somehow connected to humanity, and seems to get worse when there is large-scale disorder within human structures, and to exacerbate that disorder in turn. I also gather that it has some kind of negative impact on reality, warping the laws of physics and such. A bit like the Abyss in Awakening, yeah? I got the impression that it works similarly to infectious disease (surprise, surprise), with the world being the infected organism and humans being something like its immune system - when the immune system is compromised, it can’t effectively fight off the disease, so the gets worse, which makes it harder for the immune system to do its job, and there you have the feedback loop mentioned Is that essentially accurate to what we know so far?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Also, on the subject of ways this preview reminds me of Awakening, anyone else get an Exarch-y vibe from these cryptocracy guys?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• I wonder why Silver Ladder is not pointed as examples in Cryptocracy - 'Moving beyond “good enough”' is literally their dogma.
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-14-2018, 02:27 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games
                            Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                            Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                            Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                            My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                              I wonder why Silver Ladder is not pointed as examples in Cryptocracy - 'Moving beyond “good enough”' is literally their dogma.
                              I think that its because the Cryptocracy is all about "maintaining the world's order/ regulating chaos", which is much more the Guardians shtick. The Silver Ladder are more about creating a "perfect/sacred society", which could have more in common with the Jeremiah's religious trappings. Still, we'll have to wait and see, I assume.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                                So, for someone who hasn’t been following CC previews... What do we know about Contagion? From this latest one, I gather that it is somehow connected to humanity, and seems to get worse when there is large-scale disorder within human structures, and to exacerbate that disorder in turn. I also gather that it has some kind of negative impact on reality, warping the laws of physics and such. A bit like the Abyss in Awakening, yeah? I got the impression that it works similarly to infectious disease (surprise, surprise), with the world being the infected organism and humans being something like its immune system - when the immune system is compromised, it can’t effectively fight off the disease, so the gets worse, which makes it harder for the immune system to do its job, and there you have the feedback loop mentioned Is that essentially accurate to what we know so far?

Until we get further info, I'm assuming it looks like the Filth from The Secret World.

And yes, I imagine more than a few Seers are in support of the Cryptocracy...

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Working...
                                X