X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Probably the Sworn group named The Ship of Theseus, though different Created and different Refinements may feel called to different Sworn groups.
    Thank you gentleman

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    "Contagion is evolution." - The Ship of Theseus

Interesting...

It sounds like they think the Contagion is a good thing, but are classified as Sworn rather than False, which outright says they want to cure or quarantine it before turning it to their benefit.

My guess is that they view the Contagion itself as a mutagen; can create positive effects, but there's a reason most carcinogens are mutagens. They have to control the damage it causes while it opens a new world for them.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Such a pretentious name. Did a mage start that Sworn?

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    "Contagion is evolution." - The Ship of Theseus

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied

Probably the Sworn group named The Ship of Theseus, though different Created and different Refinements may feel called to different Sworn groups.
    4th Sworn group!

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

Which group is the most likely to be chosen by prometheans?

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied

4. Five Sworn and three False groups in the core, at this time.
    Which group is the most likely to be chosen by prometheans?

Leave a comment:

• 2ptTakrill
    replied
    The worst corruption isn't just found within politicians but in society in general such as when it becomes callous and steeped in pathos enough to accept and even crave human degradation, blood sports and slavery.
    ​It doesn't have to be that dramatic either, back in the 70's in New York there was a woman who was murdered while the entire neighborhood watched and did nothing, each with their own reason not to get involved, now imagine if the rest of the city wasn't shocked out of its complacency by that but had reached a point where they didn't even pay attention.
    A society like that could quietly give rise to the Contagion.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

I’m not sure the Cuban Middle Crisis has enough corruption. We did nearly wipe ourselves out, but that was more due to brinksmanship
    It's might not be corruption as in politicians for sale, although it might include that, but a corruption of general morality, so instead of the corruption by greed of a politician on the take, it could be a corruption of the elites on the level of pride or fear, the context of the Cuban Missle crisis corrupting their sense of reasonable responses, so that they potenientally respond in ways that could lead to nuclear war and the destruction of humanity.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Lord Potato
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    From minute 56
    Thank you kindly

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Lord Potato View Post
    Where in the podcast do they start talking about the Contagion chronicle?
    From minute 56

Leave a comment:

• Dark Lord Potato
    replied
    Where in the podcast do they start talking about the Contagion chronicle?

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post

I mean it seems to be explicitly called out in the Crytpocracy section.

'Look around you, world leaders hold each other hostage, poised to rain nuclear death down on all of us, human or death, in a fit of pique.' Plus it says it can be scaled up or down as far as you need, so it could be just one room in the White House or the relations between two superpowers. Plus these seem like ambiguous enough situations that you could pin them to a variety of situations, or not.

I'll grant there's other situations like that but that's a pretty dead on reference.
    Gah, that's true. I got fixated on the corruption summery, not on the actual description.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    I’m not sure the Cuban Middle Crisis has enough corruption. We did nearly wipe ourselves out, but that was more due to brinksmanship
    I mean it seems to be explicitly called out in the Crytpocracy section.

'Look around you, world leaders hold each other hostage, poised to rain nuclear death down on all of us, human or death, in a fit of pique.' Plus it says it can be scaled up or down as far as you need, so it could be just one room in the White House or the relations between two superpowers. Plus these seem like ambiguous enough situations that you could pin them to a variety of situations, or not.

I'll grant there's other situations like that but that's a pretty dead on reference.
    Last edited by nofather; 04-19-2018, 10:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• branford
    replied
    https://history.state.gov/milestones...missile-crisis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X