No announcement yet.

Contagion Chronicle book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intriguing! Are the factions called "Sworn" or "Swarms?" I couldn't quite hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert D View Post
      I would expect that we'll see Geist 2E and Dev the Renegades before we see Contagion, since Contagion is a crossover chronicle. Mummy 2e is the only other game of the line not yet specifically stated to be in the works, though there have been comments that Mummy material in Dark Eras 2 and Contagion will be 2e compatible.
      Yeah I don't expect we'll see Mummy 2e until some time late next year. *at the earliest.
      Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 04-13-2018, 01:55 PM.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

• Originally posted by DSPaul View Post
        Intriguing! Are the factions called "Sworn" or "Swarms?" I couldn't quite hear.
        I think it was Sworn, as in sworn to work with one another.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSPaul View Post
          Intriguing! Are the factions called "Sworn" or "Swarms?" I couldn't quite hear.
          The Sworn and the False. The Sworn (ostensibly) want to cure Contagion. The False (generally) want to weaponise it.

Matthew Dawkins
          In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

• I have a few questions (ok actually I have a lot of questions but i'll focus on a few):

1. Is the game designed for you to have the group be only one sworn group? because the way it was described seemed that way, especially with the vectors. If that's the case, it seems odd to me, given the point is to connect the lines, not segment them further.

2. Will non-main things like subsplats, bluebook splats, and antagonist splats be getting any attention in the Contagion Chronicle (Especially as playable characters or other members of Sworn Groups), and for that matter how much?

3. For that matter, how much Connected to "Protagonist" Factions are sworn groups? Will there be examples of members of typically antagonist groups being part of these "protagonist" groups?

4. How many Sworn groups will there be? the typical 5? a ton?

Comment

• Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post
              I have a few questions (ok actually I have a lot of questions but i'll focus on a few):

1. Is the game designed for you to have the group be only one sworn group? because the way it was described seemed that way, especially with the vectors. If that's the case, it seems odd to me, given the point is to connect the lines, not segment them further.

2. Will non-main things like subsplats, bluebook splats, and antagonist splats be getting any attention in the Contagion Chronicle (Especially as playable characters or other members of Sworn Groups), and for that matter how much?

3. For that matter, how much Connected to "Protagonist" Factions are sworn groups? Will there be examples of members of typically antagonist groups being part of these "protagonist" groups?

4. How many Sworn groups will there be? the typical 5? a ton?
              1. Most games will contain one type of Sworn, but there's no reason you can't have three from one faction and two from another. No Sworn faction limits the type of creatures who join, so no, it doesn't split the splats up further. Any one of them can have mummies, mages, werewolves or whatever within them.

2. Not immediately. As much as I'd love to give Immortals et al coverage, we only have so much space and that's best dedicated to the core game lines. That's not to say more won't appear via Kickstarter stretch goals if there's sufficient demand.

3. There's no reason the Pure or a Strix can't join the Sworn, but finding a reason for them to do so is slightly trickier than having them in the False.

4. Five Sworn and three False groups in the core, at this time.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• Just found out about this from listening to the Podcast, which I am on the last few minutes of... this sounds gonzo! Wasn't expecting this but glad its finally happening!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                  Just found out about this from listening to the Podcast, which I am on the last few minutes of... this sounds gonzo! Wasn't expecting this but glad its finally happening!
                  I hope gonzo is a good thing!

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                    If you want to know some more about the Contagion Chronicle, there's an extract from it in the Onyx Pathcast:

http://theonyxpath.com/episode-one-a-beginning/

Awesome podcast! thank you three for sharing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert D View Post

Awesome podcast! thank you three for sharing!
                      If you enjoyed it, please subscribe on Podbean and share it on your social media! The more listeners, the better!

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• The Gentleman Gamer Would Sworn/False use editorial space of the Z splat? Given the lack of editorial interest in translating Lodges, Bloodlines, Legacies, etc - and the way the integrate themselves to a template, looks like the Sworn/False dichotomy will be covering that design space.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malus View Post
                          The Gentleman Gamer Would Sworn/False use editorial space of the Z splat? Given the lack of editorial interest in translating Lodges, Bloodlines, Legacies, etc - and the way the integrate themselves to a template, looks like the Sworn/False dichotomy will be covering that design space.
                          Good question. To be honest, there's nothing stopping a Macellarius Ventrue of the Invictus from joining the Cryptocracy. If we look at the splats of different tiers from the respective game lines as the splats within those creatures' societies, the Sworn are like a level above that, spanning the entire gamut of monsters.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• That is to say, being a member of one group does not (typically) preclude you from another.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• As I see it, the Sworn/False are basically a means of creating a cross-gameline supernatural society in much the same way that Covenants help structure vampire society, Orders help create mage society, and so on. That is, they're cross-line “y-splats”.

Honestly though, I'm more interested in seeing what Contagion Chronicles presents as the cross-line counterpart to Packs or Freeholds — that is, how the general supernatural community of a locale tends to organize.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Good question. To be honest, there's nothing stopping a Macellarius Ventrue of the Invictus from joining the Cryptocracy. If we look at the splats of different tiers from the respective game lines as the splats within those creatures' societies, the Sworn are like a level above that, spanning the entire gamut of monsters.

Might we ask for a little incite into the Macellarius sworn?

Comment

Working...
                                X