• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    started a topic Contagion Chronicle book

Contagion Chronicle book

From 2017 Onyx Path brochure:

'The Contagion Chronicle is an overarching Chronicle consisting of chronicle hooks, riveting settings, and Storyteller aids to help present all the Chronicles of Darkness game lines into one consistent story. In the chronicle, the Contagion acts as a motivational force and inspires the formation of factions where vampires, werewolves, mages, mummies, etc. come together in new and unique ways.

Once joined together to deal with the Contagion, these factions will never see their world (or each other) the same way, and will be forever changed. Each time the Contagion emerges to threaten the fabric of our world, the only beings capable of manipulating, slowing, weaponizing, or halting it, are the unnatural denizens from across the Chronicles of Darkness. The Contagion permeates Infrastructure and warps the known antagonists and supporting blocks present in the lives of every inhuman being.'

Year ago it was announced as Crossover Chronicle. I started this new topic as previous have over 25 pages and in this one I wanted to focus on the Contagion ideas and inspirations for the main Chronicle idea in the book.

How would you see supernaturals societies responses to Contagion? Creation of new superfactions based on Covenants, Tribes, Orders, etc.? Break of any previous factions? World scale scenarios?

On first throw I would add whole Secret World franchise - in this MMO cRPG you fight with some supernatural super mystical alien disease called Filth. Probably Contagion works more or less the same in CoD universe. Just see ( or play, game is now free ) yourself.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-17-2017, 01:21 PM.

• 2ptTakrill
    replied
    Reading the latest news on Contagion with all the talk about infected God Machine Infrastructure and how it twists reality I suddenly had an idea, Weeping Angels. Whether true God Machine Angels or just extensions of the Infrastructure they don't send you into the past but steal your past, either piece by piece or all at once they retcon you out of existence. You don't change and all of your memories remain intact but what you remember reality doesn't, it and you never happened. Merits in Allies, Contacts and Status, gone. Even Resources and networking eventually go. In exchange the False and Sworn gain advantages when hiding, from anything, as far as reality is concerned they never existed. Of course as long as you don't get hit again you can leave a new print on reality going forward, making new Contacts etcetera.

Leave a comment:

• Deinos
    replied
    Any word if the Contagious will be able to get dread powers etc? I noticed there was a Contagious Human statblock for a landlord with eyes in the back of his head in SF.

Leave a comment:

• Ventrue Life
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    And now a standalone image for everyone to see!

Not gonna lie, and I know I'm going to sound rude, but I'm going to be blunt and honest: this is really poorly made. This is just 3 images thrown on top of each other with a lot of layer blending and with the edges of each image erased with a soft eraser (and not even done properly, you can still see a hard edge at the top-right of the double-helix image).

I could do a better job and it would take me 1 or 2 hours at most (for transparency sake, I do graphics design for a living, so I'm not just some random bloke claiming to be a better graphics designer without knowing what I'm talking about).

In fact, I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll actually create something next week (provided I have the time, I think I will), and post it here. Is the font used for the text available on the Storyteller Vault? Does anyone know?
    Last edited by Ventrue Life; 04-04-2019, 08:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    FYI, totally keep using this thread, but I've also made a separate Kickstarter thread for Contagion so that people just joining us don't have to guess where in this one the Kickstarter starts.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...le-kickstarter

Leave a comment:

• reseru
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    The new Ben and Jerry's flavor.
    I’m actually a frozen foods department manager at a big grocery chain and, while I’m anticipating Contagion, I might be more hyped for the B&J flavors that just arrived.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    The kickstarter is today at 2:00pm Est.

I'm really curious as to what kind of stretch goals it will have. Contagion companion, something different, DE3, Contagion Night Horrors book, a Contagion playable splat? Contagion dice and a contagion earplay?

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    And now a standalone image for everyone to see!

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    I get [Prototype] vibes off of that logo. I dig it.

Now could that be because I've been playing [Prototype] 2 in anticipation of Deviant? Probably. But I love those vibes.

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    Originally posted by Leliel View Post
    For the record, the thumbnail is a biohazard symbol, but with some more mystical modifications, tying in with the Contagion's organic and disease theming.
    A large version of the logo popped up in today's Scion 2e KS update: it's a biohazard symbol overlaid with DNA double helices

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    Episode 2 is out of the Actual Play...and in the thumbnail we have a glimpse of the logo!

For the record, the thumbnail is a biohazard symbol, but with some more mystical modifications, tying in with the Contagion's organic and disease theming.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Episode 2 is out of the Actual Play...and in the thumbnail we have a glimpse of the logo!

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    Im assuming the kickstarter because of the thread, but i am getting no ideas from that nice industrial metalworking factory sketch (i think that's the right word for a finished piece of art that uses pencil/pen/equivalent computer tools)
    Yes, it's the Kickstarter. Going live next week.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    So guess what's launching next Tuesday?

If that's what I think it is, I like that spin on the Contagion.

Which is to say, it's still God-Machine Infrastructure, but the build and purpose of the infected area has become completely different.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Im assuming the kickstarter because of the thread, but i am getting no ideas from that nice industrial metalworking factory sketch (i think that's the right word for a finished piece of art that uses pencil/pen/equivalent computer tools)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X