Hey is it possible to play as spirit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey is it possible to play as spirit

I think so but I'm not sure if you must know it's because I want to play as a ambitious sprit who's the president of america for teal i thought it could be fun ok plus i need to try out this game for once and playing on roll 20 sucks and i never get picked so if just me and storyteller i can have a chance to play

The Pack contains XP costs for stuff like Numina and Influences. It's not meant for playable spirits, though. You'd have to homebrew a character creation process and when it's appropriate to increase Rank.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Damn it well thanks for the help

Comment

I'm of the mind that with enough effort it's possible to play pretty much anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
          I think so but I'm not sure if you must know it's because I want to play as a ambitious sprit who's the president of america for teal i thought it could be fun ok plus i need to try out this game for once and playing on roll 20 sucks and i never get picked so if just me and storyteller i can have a chance to play
          1) Try to improve your grammar and maybe they'll pick you more often.

2) Spirits aren't sentient; IE, not in an individual manner. They're more akin to forces of nature: their behavior and impulses are beyond their own understanding. If they say human beings are a product of their environment, spirits are doubly so, if your environment is a Darwinian nightmare shrouded in perpetual darkness with echoes of another world influencing it.

3) Not many STs would be amendable to "hey, can I play the spirit of the American presidency?" because spirits aren't a playable splat, and it consequently informs their setting: What rank would such a spirit be? Is it the spirit of this late run campaign? Is it the spirit of the executive branch the American republic? "Do I even care for it for the story I've got planned?"

Comment

Alright so now i have an idea for solo I'm going to be either an eternal a warden a purified a lost boy or 1 of those very lucky guys that i don't know the spelling of from hurt locker
            Ps the spirit if of ambition not of the American presidency and the idea is that he managed to become president of the usa and the campaign would be about the hardships that would come but you're right about them being to alien though i thought that demons are playable and so are promethen but guess there not to alien for players
            Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 08-23-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Demons are very good at pretending to be human, and Prometheans are trying to be human. So they are still more relatable to players than Spirits are. Ghosts and Goetia might be closer, though they would still be a bit "off".

What do you want to play? Because Wardens, Eternals, Purified, Lost Boys, and Atariya have very different play styles.

Wardens are area-locked, so any Chronicle is going to be sedentary.
              Eternals are basically vanilla humans, except immortal, and very concerned with their special object's safety.
              Purified are powerful, but require a source of Essence and may have to deal with Spirits (or other Ephemerals, if you want to reflavor them).
              Lost Boys need their serum fix, and have themes if cybernetics and conspiracy.
              Atariya deal with the concept of luck (and perhaps Fate).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Playable ghosts have at least been a thing, in Mummy.

Comment

So hi i think let's talk about it so warden are good at combat and are powerful in there place im thinking either in london where he has to deal with racists ruining he town or in a island where he's tribe leader and werewolfs or vampires or some other splat is invading because of well whatever but that's for storyteller to decid I'm just making the character after all
                  For eternal either a rich man who's anchor is a silver coin or a native American who's tribe was killed by a werewolf in pre colonial time's who now hunts supernatural and he's anchor is a native American necklace or headdress
                  For purified maybe a guy who's mother did not want the family to die so she made them drink the elixir and now he's trying to get away from her controling self
                  For lost boys a basic soldier or some hacker
                  For lucky guy an ocultist

Comment

Demons have an Exploit called Ephemeral Cover, which allows them to wear the disguise of a Spirit or Ghost (they don't acquire Numina/Influences, unless you also have the Show Of Power Exploit). You might also want to acquire the Rip The Gates Exploit to enter the Shadow/Underworld/Hedge/Astral.

Mages can use Life 4 + Spirit 4 to turn themselves into ephemeral beings, and there is a whole Legacy about pursuing this (the Scions Of God, I think).

But your best bet is to simply homebrew a new character creation procress, which would probably be very different from the standard rules. Ephemeral beings are notoriously difficult to balance as they rise in Rank.

Also, what Malus said. It needs to be relevant to the plot.

"I hope you will have a long and happy life, if only so you can realize how stupid and wrong you are."

Comment

So hi i think let's talk about it so warden are good at combat and are powerful in there place im thinking either in london where he has to deal with racists ruining he town or in a island where he's tribe leader and werewolfs or vampires or some other splat is invading because of well whatever but that's for storyteller to decid I'm just making the character after all
                      For eternal either a rich man who's anchor is a silver coin or a native American who's tribe was killed by a werewolf in pre colonial time's who now hunts supernatural and he's anchor is a native American necklace or headdress
                      For purified maybe a guy who's mother did not want the family to die so she made them drink the elixir and now he's trying to get away from her controling self
                      For lost boys a basic soldier or some hacker
                      For lucky guy an ocultist

How about?

Warden - You've always guarded The Crossroads, a seemingly simply trading town/city that has long been a hotbed of supernatural forces. But this storm coming is bigger than any you've weathered before. Will your ages of experience and connections be enough?
                      Eternal - You've survived the ages. Empires have risen and fallen, while you have endured. You are master of a thousand skills, know secrets otherwise lost to time, have connections (even descendants) worldwide, and spit in the face of all manner of monsters, outlasting almost them all. But now you are tired. What is one to do when they literally have seen everything? An old foe finally is close to uncovering the secret of your immortality. But will you stop them... or help them?
                      Purified - You've become immortal to save your people, and you did, but after doing so the debts you owed to the Spirit Lords were called in. You've finally earned your way free of (most of) them, but now your people are nowhere to be found. What has happened in these ages past? What new foes await you uncovering the answers that you seek? And what deals will you need to make this time around?
                      Lost Boy - Delta was as good as their word, saving you from your injuries. improving you even. The missions you were sent on to repay them weren't even all that bad, either. But now you are on your own, a warrior without a war. And something has begun to stalk your fellows and suppliers. You'll need to hunt the hunter and stop them before you are left without the Serum... or end up next in the crosshairs.
                      Atariya - It seems like you've always lived a charmed life. Everything goes your ways, success after success piles up, and you have all you've ever asked for. Until you looked into that accursed mirror. It didn't take away your luck, no... it just showed you what your fortune actually costs. The lives ruined (and ended) so that you could be happy. The suffering, so that you could smile. Even after you threw the damned thing away, you can still see it in your dreams. Knowing that every green light might mean another is late to work and loses their job. Nothing is free, but how can you let others keep paying your dues?

Comment

Awesome but i want to use my ideas but really cool of you but i might use them if my ideas arnt well liked ok
                        I'll check of purified as a no go ok man so that leaves 4 choices ok
                        Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 08-23-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

i might go crossroads so vento will you storytell this please unless you don't have the time

Comment

i might go crossroads so vento will you storytell this please unless you don't have the time
                            I have no where near the time. Popping in with suggestions is the best I could manage.

Comment

Ok sure do you know anyone who could story

Comment

Working...
                              X