Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Methods For Resurrecting People?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Methods For Resurrecting People?

    Hello. I was wondering what ways are there for resurrecting people? Any power or ritual from any book will do, and the ones I'm trying to resurrect are mortals that have been dead for several (around 3) years.

  • #2
    There is a Relic available for the Aegis Kai Doru and a Benediction for the Malleus which can resurrect people, but I believe that they depend on how long the person has died, and 3 years may be a bit too much. High level Death Magic (combined with Life, perhaps) may work in case you are using Mage, but it may require Archmastery in order to work. Demons have an Exploit meant to bring dead people back to life, but again, it may depend on the time the person has died. Mummies may have something in their sleeve, either as a Relic, Seba or an Utterance, but I don't remember stumbling upon one even though it is appropriate.


    Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

    "And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

    I now blog in here

    Comment


    • #3
      You can always use high enough Spirit of the particular concept - probably Rank 6+ Spirit of Healing could have 'Resurrection' ( fan made ) as his Numina. I use Rank 4 Spirits of Healing with Numina of 'Restoration' ( once again, fan made ) to let it heal <It's Rank> number of Aggravated damage to not let PCs die in games. Those powers are fan-made, but totally in the cosmological rights of Shadow Realm ( and Werewolf ).


      My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

      Comment


      • #4
        Changeling 1e had a powerful magic cauldern where you could resurrect someone by boiling them in it.

        Comment


        • #5
          There is a Resurrection Numina, but it is penalized by amount of days dead. Rank 6 and up things could break the barrier, though it would take a hefty price. LostLight mentioned the worm pipe but I think the time limit on that is a week.

          You're always available to plot devices. Powers like these tend to be better at them than just 'The Sixth Dot in Healing' ability. Research some obscure ritual, overcome the challenges to find it, gather the materials, make the sacrifice, they come back. You could add some extra problems on their part like they come back but want to burn everything, but after 3 years most people would have huge issues getting back into their life. Especially if their family, loved ones, and government thought they were dead already. Then you have things like paranormal investigators who would note that you're back and your grave has been dug up. Mages out to rip the secrets from your mind, Sin-Eaters attempting to put you down where you belong.

          If you have the opportunity you can always throw a curveball. 'They were never really dead!' kind of thing. Perhaps a True Fae kidnapped them and the dead ones are their fetches. Or they became vampires and faked their deaths. The God-Machine waves its mighty appendage and they are just alive again, destined for some purpose.
          Last edited by nofather; 08-28-2017, 01:11 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Resurrecting someone is also the basis for many of the prometheans creation.


            Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

            Comment


            • #7
              How resurrected do you need them? I mean there are a good few ways to half-ass it if aren't too fussy.

              Like, a mage binding the ghost of a person to a construct that looks like their former body.

              A Promethean could use the bits of the mortal to create another Promethean. It'd probably look like the person and have some of their memories.


              Comment


              • #8
                There was a spirit of Resurrection in the back of Boston Unveiled, the Mage setting. It brought an almost random individual back from the dead but had to kill several other people first to power the Numina.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The real problem is that they're fully dead, if they were only mostly dead we could work with it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We can at least look through their pockets for loose change.

                    ​However you choose to do it just make sure there are issues, side effects and difficulties that have to be dealt with. Something that keeps it from being an easy method to cheat death while also providing interesting story, conflict and challenge.
                    Last edited by 2ptTakrill; 08-28-2017, 05:06 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Resurrecting someone is a Death 5 spell for mages, but the lucky Lazarus comes back soulless. Fortunately, any mage capable of bringing back the dead can fix that, given a suitable donor.


                      Dave Brookshaw

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                        Resurrecting someone is a Death 5 spell for mages, but the lucky Lazarus comes back soulless. Fortunately, any mage capable of bringing back the dead can fix that, given a suitable donor.
                        Deny the Reaper requires a Potency for every month you want to 'de-age' a person. For +1 Reach you can 'return the recently dead to life.' Is it fair to use the same Potency requirement for the longer-dead?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nofather View Post

                          Deny the Reaper requires a Potency for every month you want to 'de-age' a person. For +1 Reach you can 'return the recently dead to life.' Is it fair to use the same Potency requirement for the longer-dead?

                          If a spell proves too difficult or impractical, you can always beg, barter or cajole a supernal entity for assistance who doesn't labor under the restrictions of normal mages.

                          Never underestimate supernal summoning. However, I don't know whether even a Stygian summoned by a master of Death could resurrect some with an intact soul.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nofather View Post
                            There is a Resurrection Numina, but it is penalized by amount of days dead. Rank 6 and up things could break the barrier, though it would take a hefty price. LostLight mentioned the worm pipe but I think the time limit on that is a week.

                            You're always available to plot devices. Powers like these tend to be better at them than just 'The Sixth Dot in Healing' ability. Research some obscure ritual, overcome the challenges to find it, gather the materials, make the sacrifice, they come back. You could add some extra problems on their part like they come back but want to burn everything, but after 3 years most people would have huge issues getting back into their life. Especially if their family, loved ones, and government thought they were dead already. Then you have things like paranormal investigators who would note that you're back and your grave has been dug up. Mages out to rip the secrets from your mind, Sin-Eaters attempting to put you down where you belong.

                            If you have the opportunity you can always throw a curveball. 'They were never really dead!' kind of thing. Perhaps a True Fae kidnapped them and the dead ones are their fetches. Or they became vampires and faked their deaths. The God-Machine waves its mighty appendage and they are just alive again, destined for some purpose.
                            The character being resurrected is based on L from Death Note, in other words almost completely anonymous and with very few people knowing his real name and face, so going along without being recognized wouldn't be a big issue.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              How resurrected do you need them? I mean there are a good few ways to half-ass it if aren't too fussy.

                              Like, a mage binding the ghost of a person to a construct that looks like their former body.

                              A Promethean could use the bits of the mortal to create another Promethean. It'd probably look like the person and have some of their memories.
                              The only thing that really matters is that the character has their memories and their mind intact, anything else is optional, and even the memories are not completely essential so long as he can still think and reason fine. He is being resurrected so that he can help solve some mysteries.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X