No announcement yet.

We should try to convert immortals for 2ed and make it free pdf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tackled a bunch of minor templates in my homebrew (see signature), Blood Bathers included. One note about Minor Templates in my homebrew is that that are assumed to be on the same power level as a Potency 1 Horror which is balanced against Entitlements/Bloodlines/Legacies/ect.. and may be taken instead of opting into those for Major templates and build with that in mind.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
    "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post
      I have tackled a bunch of minor templates in my homebrew (see signature), Blood Bathers included. One note about Minor Templates in my homebrew is that that are assumed to be on the same power level as a Potency 1 Horror which is balanced against Entitlements/Bloodlines/Legacies/ect.. and may be taken instead of opting into those for Major templates and build with that in mind.
      Your homebrew forms an interesting different set of metaphysics that all links together. Not sure you could just take parts of it and put in the general ChrOD

That said, I'm not the author, this is just my general gist from what I have read of your stuff.
      Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 10-04-2017, 02:32 PM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Your homebrew forms an interesting different set of metaphysics that all links together. Not sure you could just take parts of it and put in the general ChrOD

That said, I'm not the author, this is just my general gist from what I have read of your stuff.
        You are not wrong. It does all link together. I think if you were going to separate a Minor template which has a Bane you'd need to change the Aggravated damage inflicted to be calculated to increase as the Stability Advantage decreases instead of increasing Atrocity. That's a lynchpin where it can be separated from the rest while staying conceptually intact.

Perhaps have Banes calculate Aggravated damage equals 7 - Current Stability Advantage, minimum 0.

Anyway hopes that helps.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
        "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post

You are not wrong. It does all link together. I think if you were going to separate a Minor template which has a Bane you'd need to change the Aggravated damage inflicted to be calculated to increase as the Stability Advantage decreases instead of increasing Atrocity. That's a lynchpin where it can be separated from the rest while staying conceptually intact.

Perhaps have Banes calculate Aggravated damage equals 7 - Current Stability Advantage, minimum 0.

Anyway hopes that helps.
          Could you say that in layman's terms. I'm kind of lost

Comment

So let's see what new options for powers bloodbathers have what about armor 1/1 for 3+ or something what's a good scale for new power's for bloodbathers you know right and also let's do more comments on how will things work out
            Example
            -5 dayly well looks like you will be besy now you might be thinking well this is impossible well lets see how we can make this work unless you're playing a an high up member of a dictatorship you will really need to cover your tracks that means moving from place to place there's 1000s of citys in the world but even then how will you not get caught you would need to be great at killing and getting away with it or...
            Well...
            Renember that in 3ed world countries that not every merder will be solved and if you play your cards right you might get away with it but not forever
            But then who does hahahaha go along now

Comment

Originally posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
              So let's see what new options for powers bloodbathers have what about armor 1/1 for 3+ or something what's a good scale for new power's for bloodbathers you know right and also let's do more comments on how will things work out
              Example
              -5 dayly well looks like you will be besy now you might be thinking well this is impossible well lets see how we can make this work unless you're playing a an high up member of a dictatorship you will really need to cover your tracks that means moving from place to place there's 1000s of citys in the world but even then how will you not get caught you would need to be great at killing and getting away with it or...
              Well...
              Renember that in 3ed world countries that not every merder will be solved and if you play your cards right you might get away with it but not forever
              But then who does hahahaha go along now
              I'd do the armor as a merit with biokinesis or Telekinesis (Blood) as a prereq. Plus, you have to cut yourself and pay one Lethal damage and one WP for, so it's not overused. Plus, you're covering yourself in scabby platelet armor, which looks really obvious and will need to at least expose mouth, nose and eyes. Maybe make it 2/1 to make up for the cost

Comment

Why not just let them pick up Iron Skin and its Advanced version?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                  Why not just let them pick up Iron Skin and its Advanced version?
                  Good point. Still like the scabby armor idea. Perhaps that's what the advanced version looks like. That would mean 1-2/0 rating, correct?
                  Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 10-06-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

double post

Comment

Good point. Still like the scabby armor idea. Perhaps that's what the advanced version looks like. That would mean 1-2/0 rating, correct?

I think so.

I mean, I can see Blood Bathers going two ways - a minimalist approach that leverages as many existing Merits and mechanics as possible, or a dedicated system with their own custom powers. So Iron Skin or Telekinesis(Blood) for the minimalist, and a small set of "remote manipulation of blood" or "fluid blood or scab armor" powers for the full build.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I want to use the same bloodbathers had in the 1st book armor+3is hardened skin nothing more and it's just an option like being able to come back from the dead as long as a little bit of you is alive+5

Comment

just making you immune to breaking points sounds like 1) an antagonist power and 2) really against the theme of the CofD that even people who do terrible things are still human and have to justify it to themselves in some way.

That said, you're gonna need to be rich and have a devoted cult of followers offering a weekly blood tithe or something to get enough blood to regularly bathe in without killing anyone. That said, being a largely human but immortal cult leader is an interesting character concept with lots of built-in story hooks. I feel like it wouldn't be a starting character though. In D&D, I would be way uncomfortable playing with a character like that, but this setting's rules could let even Brother Blood's off-brand expy be a complex protagonist. So in that spirit, here's Malonkey's take on 2e Blood Bathers.

EDIT: saw that it was only one type of breaking point. That could work as long as you didn't let them do it for assault outside the ritualistic bounds of their ritual and murder.
                          Gee whiz, I wish you'd tagged me. It's always fun to see my stuff mentioned in the forum! And I think the Scarred merit would definitely be invaluable to any Blood Bather, Body Thief or other Immortal that does icky things.

For Purified, I'd probably change their Integrity to be a little bit more like Harmony. The higher it is, the more in contact you are with your former humanity (easier to blend in, easier to relate to others), the lower it gets, the more detached from humanity you are (easier to use powers and influence spirits). "Person full of spirit" vs. "Spirit wrapped in meat".

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Working...
                          X