Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Magicians Syfy T.V series. How can it tie to Mage: The Awakening?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magicians Syfy T.V series. How can it tie to Mage: The Awakening?

Do you find a lot of similarities?

I think someone suggested the finger tutting as a yantra.

Comment

I used at inspiration for Mortal Sorcerors, but kept concepts like Popper's Exercises for Mage.

Comment

Originally posted by Magicballz View Post
        Do you find a lot of similarities?
        Penny is literally a Mastigos: his discipline is telepathy with a specialty in teleportation.

Quentin, Alice, Margot, Cady, and Elliot are in Physical House, which seems to govern all areas of matter manipulation and energy, so probably Moros and Obrimos; Alice's specialty is phospheromancy (light manipulation), so Obrimos. Don't know about the others.

Julia is a little peculiar, since we never really see her at Brakebills. But I reckon she's an Obrimos, since her "signature" spell is creating a shower of sparks that can amp up to the power of a welding torch when she's upset.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Really, Magicians are likea show about MtAw players stuck later in Changeling Arcadia plotline.

Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post
          Quentin, Alice, Margot, Cady, and Elliot are in Physical House, which seems to govern all areas of matter manipulation and energy, so probably Moros and Obrimos; Alice's specialty is phospheromancy (light manipulation), so Obrimos. Don't know about the others.
          I was putting Quentin as Acanthus with Forces, as his main story is about... well, stories and fae creatures - and his Destiny. Elliot is clearly Obrimos, where Alice is probably Moros ( she is good in transmutations and later is dedicated to Death related studies ).

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
          My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
          MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            Really, Magicians are likea show about MtAw players stuck later in Changeling Arcadia plotline.

I was putting Quentin as Acanthus with Forces, as his main story is about... well, stories and fae creatures - and his Destiny. Elliot is clearly Obrimos, where Alice is probably Moros ( she is good in transmutations and later is dedicated to Death related studies ).
            What do you mean Changeling Arcadia plotline?

Comment

I'm assuming the point is that Fillory operates more like Arcadia from CtL than the Supernal Realm that shares the name, and that both the books and the show start to heavily move into Fillory as a core part of the plot..

Comment

The Free Trader Beowulf and its legacy made me think on the Free council and their lorehouses.

Comment

Working...
                X