CofD city books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CofD city books

Once all the 2nd edition core books have been released I would love to see Onyx Path work on some city books. I don't mean ones like the old By Night books for VtM where they focus on only one type of supernatural, I mean ones more like what they did with Dark Eras where they include information on all the supernaturals living in the particular city. Take New Orleans for example. Onyx Path can update the info from City of the Damned for the vampires that live in the city. However, New Orleans is also supposed to have a larger than usual population of ghosts, which means there's more than likely at least one Krewe of Geists living in the city. New Orleans also has a very large community of voudon practitioners, and it's very likely that at least a few of the mambo, houngan, and bokor are actual Mages. The city, and the swamps surrounding it, are also very likely to be the home of at least one pack of werewolves. And so on and so forth. The same treatment can be given to other cities as well. I know I would love a city book like this for Toronto.

I know several players who would love to see a serious treatment of Las Vegas, a book that goes beyond just The Strip

Comment

I'd love to see Vancouver get a full treatment as well! I'm not sure if it will happen though, apparently the city books don't sell great. Hopefully if enough of us want it though, it could become a possibility p.

CofD booklists:
      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

The problem, from my point of view at least, is that all previous city books were of seriously limited usefulness. City of the Damned was an OK book (despite the editing and organizational issues), but only if you include nothing but vampires in your New Orleans campaign. The book's usefulness is limited or non-existent otherwise. If city books included information on all the supernaturals living in the city they would be a lot more appealing and sell much better. Whether you're doing a campaign for vampires, werewolves, geists, or a mix of everything, you'd find the book useful and be more likely to buy it. I know I'd buy an everything-in-one New Orleans city book in a heartbeat.
        Last edited by Shadowdragon; 11-29-2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I was always horribly disappointed that, after Shadows of Mexico and Shadows of the UK, there wasn't a Shadows of Japan book. (Although, I think that's actually the title of the Call of Cthulhu sourcebook on the area.)

If you asked me for a top ten list of cities I'd like to see, they'd be (in no particular order):
          • ​New York City
          • Seoul
          • New Orleans
          • London
          • Los Angeles
          • Prague
          • Johannesburg
          • Paris
          • Mumbai
          • Tokyo

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Toronto Ont Canada ..

Comment

HOUSTON, TX
              One of the most, if not THE most, culturally diverse cities in America. A sprawling metropolis of some 5.5 million souls (and that just the ones that show up on the census). We have it all. Urban decay up against pockets of wild wide open space. Million dollar homes within biking distance of ghettos where you won't get your bike back. We have Arts to make a Daeva weep, and a hip hop scene to make a Krewe get ready to roll out. We have a thousand different variations of weird and the uniqueness that comes from being Texan. It's about time. Just go watch Tony Bourdain's part's unknown

Houston Strong, y'all.

Comment

Houston would've made my top 15; Toronto probably the top 25.

I've always thought that Dublin would make an interesting setting for several game lines. Likewise Santa Fe, NM.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Walksforever View Post
                  Toronto Ont Canada ..
                  I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by Perverseness View Post
                    HOUSTON, TX
                    One of the most, if not THE most, culturally diverse cities in America. A sprawling metropolis of some 5.5 million souls (and that just the ones that show up on the census). We have it all. Urban decay up against pockets of wild wide open space. Million dollar homes within biking distance of ghettos where you won't get your bike back. We have Arts to make a Daeva weep, and a hip hop scene to make a Krewe get ready to roll out. We have a thousand different variations of weird and the uniqueness that comes from being Texan. It's about time. Just go watch Tony Bourdain's part's unknown

Houston Strong, y'all.
                    Having lived in houston most of my life, I like this idea

Comment

I've asked for this so many time. So that's why I created a city creation matrix.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...reation-matrix

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                        I've always thought that Dublin would make an interesting setting for several game lines. Likewise Santa F(a)e, NM.
                        Fixed that for you.

Sorry, it was too obvious not to!

Comment

Heh. It would make a pretty cool Changeling setting, yes. Especially when you work in legends from the local Native nations, weird military bits and the entire alien/UFO/ancient astronaut angle.

(My top 20 would've been, I think, Dublin, Santa Fe, Houston, Rio de Janeiro, Kiev, Edinburgh or Glasgow, Singapore, Melbourne or Brisbane or Perth, Detroit, and Cologne or Dusseldorf.)

Comment

My vote would be Hong Kong. The traditional hub where East meets West, China and England, communism and capitalism. An old city with really interesting geography, towering skyscrapers and streets where the sunlight never reaches the ground, all backed by one of the world's busiest ports.
                            The perfect setting for political and financial power plays, a place where old wars with new.

Comment

Working...
                            X