Contagion Chronicle Wants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contagion Chronicle Wants?

Basically, what’s in the title. What do you want to see in the Contagion Chronicle (Crossover Chronicle) that you aren’t 100% sure will be there?

Personally, my three things are
    1. Support for crossover with subsplats, including ones from supplements.
    2. Rules for regular non-hunter mortals in crossover games, and how to handle them.
    3. Beyond protagonists and protagonists working together, and antagonists and antagonists workout together, I really want to see reasons antagonists and protaginists of different splats would work together, and what it would mean. As well as protagonist v protagonist fighting and antagonist v antagonist fighting, but that’s pretty unsaid.
    Last edited by SdeSpencer; 12-05-2017, 07:27 PM. Reason: Apparently I can’t count oops

My primary wish is that the Contagion itself not be something blatant enough to force different supernatural societies to come together, but something subtle enough that only societies that have already come together tend to detect it.

Secondary wish is crossover by faction as well as species. Ie, what deals would the Invictus make with the Guardians of the Veil or the Autumn Court, not just vampires with mages or changelings.

Co-Secondary wish is a selection of true mixed societies and factions.

Comment

Agree with SunlessNick, except for the last part. Instead of distinct factions devoted to mixing things, I want to see how each faction deals with non-standard members, since I see very little necessity for most of them to be exclusive, and even the ones with reason to do so I can easily think about exceptions.

Sorry if I seem too straightforward, or if I don't get you. Autism isn't a forgiving condition.

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
        My primary wish is that the Contagion itself not be something blatant enough to force different supernatural societies to come together, but something subtle enough that only societies that have already come together tend to detect it.
        This, so much. It’d help quell worries that the Contagion would be the metaplot for CofD.

My true wish is that the Contagion not be some external crisis..... but a metaphor for different supernatural forces ‘contaminating’ and ‘infecting’ each other. Like that short mention of Strix presence corrupting Infrastructure. This too would remove concerns of a new metaplot rising, and be much more usable for individual games. I’m not opposed to a literal magical Contagion running amok, but still.
        Last edited by 21C Hermit; 12-05-2017, 09:30 PM. Reason: Oops missed a ‘not’ there

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

This, so much. It’d help quell worries that the Contagion would be the metaplot for CofD.

My true wish is that the Contagion not be some external crisis..... but a metaphor for different supernatural forces ‘contaminating’ and ‘infecting’ each other. Like that short mention of Strix presence corrupting Infrastructure. This too would remove concerns of a new metaplot rising, and be much more usable for individual games. I’m opposed to a literal magical Contagion running amok, but still.
          whispers to self about how cool that sounds

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
            My true wish is that the Contagion not be some external crisis..... but a metaphor for different supernatural forces ‘contaminating’ and ‘infecting’ each other. Like that short mention of Strix presence corrupting Infrastructure.
            Ooh, that's interesting.

Comment

Other than wishing people would stop conflating a Chronicle with setting-wide metaplot, I hope there's a selection of crossover-inspired Merits that better enable groups to work together. New Werewolf Merits for including changelings into their hunting parties, or having a demon Totem or something.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
              Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
              He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post
                Other than wishing people would stop conflating a Chronicle with setting-wide metaplot, I hope there's a selection of crossover-inspired Merits that better enable groups to work together. New Werewolf Merits for including changelings into their hunting parties, or having a demon Totem or something.
                "Dial Tone: I'm sorry, but Totem you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable. Please leave your message and they will get back to you at their earliest convenience."

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Note: In Changeling 2e, you can have courts which get their power from a pact with other splats, so that'd be a good way to show some crossover. You can even have a crossover court system, like courts of blood, moons, sigils, and codes.

Blood's patron is ancient primordial vampire who is locked in torpor until the agreed upon date, with their bargain requiring the changelings to use oneiromancy to eternally protect the kindred from the horrific dreamscapes which normally plague a vampire, and in return the court gains protection against their own nightmares allowing them to ward areas from the gentry by spilling their own blood.

Moon's patron is a mighty pack of hunter in darkness werewolves who claimed the local hedge as part of their territory, where as long as the changelings maintain the trods for their hunts the local spirits will keep their eyes open for huntsmen and gentry ironside. But if the pack was all killed, the court's power would fade from the world.

Sigil's patron is a free council acanthus who tries to study all possible symbolism that can be found from ancient fairytales and folktales. By having the changelings recite their stories from the lands which warp time, the changelings find that they begin to see omens which hint at a gentry's approach. The patron takes special interest in changelings which were taken long ago and yet escaped in the modern day.

Code's patron is a mysterious alien entity who has worn thousands of faces, speaks in riddles and code, and offers deals to courtiers who cross it's path. Because of it's history of making deals and it's odd mindset, some rumours claim the patron is one of the true fey. Members of the code court always seem to have an alibi and often seem oddly mundane for entities of wyrd. Every 4 months the Code court is sent a message from their patron, and it is the responsibility of the courtiers to have this message sent out until everyone in the Code Court knows it, but if the message is spoken by the King and Queens of any of the other courts suddenly the cover stories of the code court fade from people's memories.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                    Note: In Changeling 2e, you can have courts which get their power from a pact with other splats, so that'd be a good way to show some crossover. You can even have a crossover court system, like courts of blood, moons, sigils, and codes.
                    Personally, I want to see the example court in Prague expanded. They have a bargain that has them gather Disquiet from the city's Prometheans, convert it into Glamour, and feed it to... something

CofD booklists:
                    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

I'd have to collect my thoughts on the matter, but for now it'll be nice to finally see some more juicy Mummy/Other Games interaction for 2nd edition rules.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Honestly, Up until I realized that the Contagion Was the focus of the so called 'Crossover' Chronicle, I wasn't much interested, Since I quite enjoy threading similar themes and working out the small mechanical bugs that come with Crossover, so such a supplement would probably only be a 'cannibalize ideas' sort of thing for me. but with the different direction (A threat or something that is dealt with by several splats working together) seems to have a lot more original content for someone like me.

As for things Im not sure the game will have but I want?
                        1.Crossover factions. A sort of psudosplat for the contagion chronicle specifically.. Thematically, perhaps Defined by how to deal with the Contagion?
                        2.The above to include some traditional antagonists, as well. I mean, Having angels or Huntsmen might be a tough sell, but the otherwise 'evil protagonist' Style enemies could probably fill in for their more playable counterparts, as far as fighting the contagion goes.
                        3. a place for hunters/mortals in this style of Chronicle. Perhaps a bit of a long shot, since the whole pitch seemed to be about the supernaturals, but what can I say, despite my username, Im a fan of Mortals.

Im sure there is more I havent thought of, but those are the ones that come to my mind immediately.

Comment

For people asking for crossover with mortals, what kind of thing are you talking about that isn't in core books?

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                            For people asking for crossover with mortals, what kind of thing are you talking about that isn't in core books?
                            I cant speak for anyone else, but I do sort of assume Players's can choose Mortals in any of my games for Pc's (however ill advised that might be! heeh.), so what Im specifically wishing for is more that Contagion Chronicles Perhaps have a place for them, since the pitch seems more aimed at crossing over the various supernaturals.
                            Last edited by TranshumanMarina; 12-08-2017, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              Generally, adding regular mortals as PCs to games has inherent problems with basically all the gamelines, and I was thinking that the corebook could give us better ways to handle that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X