Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Afraid of the Dark?

So I was talking with my friends about the upcoming Slenderman movie (which I'm not going to see), when I was remembered of this series. I remember that it scared the hell out of me when I was young (especially that episode with the music in the basement). I think it may have some great potential as inspiration for some antagonists and horrors in CofD, not to mention that the Midnight Society itself may be some sort of compact in an Hunter/Innocents game. What do you think? (and I'm not the only one to remember this gem, right?... right?..)

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    So I was talking with my friends about the upcoming Slenderman movie (which I'm not going to see), when I was remembered of this series. I remember that it scared the hell out of me when I was young (especially that episode with the music in the basement). I think it may have some great potential as inspiration for some antagonists and horrors in CofD, not to mention that the Midnight Society itself may be some sort of compact in an Hunter/Innocents game. What do you think? (and I'm not the only one to remember this gem, right?... right?..)
    Nah, you're not the only one. This series was the best, I still go back to the opening from time to time.

Since teen/kids in horror are an old passion of mine, I return frequently with my mind to it for inspiration. This, Mighty Max and the Goosebumps books. Love the idea of them as some sort of compact.
    Last edited by Cinder; 01-03-2018, 02:32 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Talking about Slenderman, you might like this. If not, might I encourage you to take some antagonists from Are You Afraid of the Dark and stat them as Horrors here, or make the Midnight Society as a Mystery Cult Initiation here?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
      "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Working...
      X