No announcement yet.

Awakening Kindred, Devoured Werewolves, and other Hybrids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could imagine a direct descendant of Kamduis or Isim-Ur turning out to be a Geist/Werewolf hybrid. They'd be called Cerberii, because they'd have "three heads": one for the material, one for the Shadow, one for the Underworld. Probably known for their moral conundrums, since they'd have a three-axis Harmony scale. Possibly able to treat Underworld gates as Verges, and vice versa.

Comment

The sub-splat thing is a good pointer.
      Ghoul with minor Lair traits, Satiety rather than vitae (able to spent it on Disciplines) + Passing/Family resemblance and Nightmares could be a fun starting point.

Wolf Blooded with a free Skin Deep Atavism, and the Skeleton Key, would be a nice alternative 'shapeshifter'.
      I will try to work these out some more!

Re my kindred/mage: I wanted to less use the concept of stealing life to extended one's own, and more try to combine the themes of a Parasitic existance and reality-shifting Hubristic willworkers. That left, in my mind, the concept of Pattern-devouring parasites on reality, who can get their refill by weakening the foundation of reality (maybe According to their arcana, even) and inflicting a Tilt on the area, and Suffer from a similar fuel bleed as kindred, forcing them to repeatedly weaken the Fabric of reality. Similarly to prometheans, staying in one area very long would make it worse, causing Abyssal incursions, Gates to the hedge/underworld/Dream/Shadow/etc to open and similar shenanigans (tilts that make matter in the area lack substance, Forces to be wonky - giving Gas increases Temperature rather than speed-, propability off, thoughts diffuse, animals lethargic, etc).
      Last edited by Wormwood; 03-26-2018, 12:20 PM. Reason: Mobile Auto correct ' s a pain...

Comment

The endless possibilities make me giddy

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

A couple ideas I didn't really had the time to flesh out.
          Changeling + Promethean: A Fetch that receives an Elpis Vision and acquires the Divine Fire, effectively becoming a peculiar kind of Extempore. How will Disquiet affect the Mask? What will help the new creature's Pilgrimage: strive to imitate the person he thought he was, or become someone else entirely?

Mummy + Vampire: The Deceived Utterance “Call Down the Black Huriyah” (Book of the Deceived, p.98) specifically refer to winged, shadowy entities that partially existed in Duat: a clear analogous for the Strix. I still have to figure how to work this around, though.

Mummy + Mage: The Ehaiu (“criers”) were professionals mourners in Ancient Egypt. That term could designate mages with the ability to localize Sebayt, and whose Shadow Name would also be a Keshina.

Mummy + Beast: Ammut can easily be seen as another facet of the Dark Mother. So possibly, a Beast that can learn Bane Affinities instead of Nightmares, and who can birth Amkhata Horrorspawn.

Mummy + Changeling: A Sadikh that became Fae-Touched (I don't know if it's still a thing, but anyway) after trying to follow his patron, taken into the Hedge by a True Fae. Now, he's able to Hedge-Spin low-level Relics together. His latest feat? Cobble together old pieces of pyropus along with other arcane reagents, and produce a perfect fac-simile of a Token of Reprieve.

Comment

An idea I had some time ago was a werewolf lodge that emulated heroes to hunt Beasts. I called it the Lodge of Herakles in my head.

So basically, werewolf Heroes.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Mummy + Geist could be something nice to explore by tying it to the Twice Arisen process going bad- perhaps the ghost of the destined vessel proved itself stronger than it should have been, and forced the Mummy to Bargain for the right to dwell in its body. Perhaps it was found/has eaten/ was eaten by a Geist, which has allowed it to resurrect even though its cult has abandoned it. At any case, I can't seem to think that the Judges would be extremely happy about it :P

Promethean + Mage feels like it should be more of Mage/Alchemist, as someone who has Awakened to the Divine Fire and was transformed by it. If one were to really want to preserve the Created part, perhaps something like that construct from Unbidden could be used as an inspiration- a Promethean like creature, powered by the Supernal instead of the Fire.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Adrasalieth View Post
                A couple ideas I didn't really had the time to flesh out.

Mummy + Vampire: The Deceived Utterance “Call Down the Black Huriyah” (Book of the Deceived, p.98) specifically refer to winged, shadowy entities that partially existed in Duat: a clear analogous for the Strix. I still have to figure how to work this around, though.
                This sounds fascinating, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. Actually I have an NPC in my current efforts who is a) very very old, b) presently encountered only in dreams or the spirit world (or, similar places), because his body was destroyed by the main campaign antagonist centuries before. Have used explicit strix imagery to impose a blend. Anyway, I know virtually nothing about Mummy in CofD, but am curious is something of a blend with vamps would resonate with what I've been noodling over.

The Tremere document lays out some very interesting antagonists as well--especially for a Mage game. They retain the very flexible magic of the Arcana, and in that regard are a huge step up over, say, WoD Tremere. I wonder if a mix of Vamp+Proximi would come closer to the debased magical existence of the "original" WoD Tremere (mainly vamps, but with an affinity for rote spell-like effects and rituals), in which case in high irony such critters could hunt/agitate against the existence of "soul-eaters" (Salubri) per the document.

Crossing the streams is fun.

--Khanwulf

Comment

... plus Vampire ... plus Werewolf ... plus Mage ... plus Changeling ... plus Created ... plus Mummy ... plus Geist .... plus Demon ... plus Beast
                  Vampire... X Wormwood#17) Scourges
                  Werewolf... X Vento#9, nofather#3 Cerberii Jäger
                  Mage... Tremere X Warlocks Ehaiu Ravani Crones
                  Changeling... Cu Sith X Pinocchio? Kindly Ones
                  Created... Vent0#9 X Wormwood#10 Abject
                  Mummy... Huriyah Vent0#24 X Hery Sesheta
                  Geist... Uchebti X
                  Demon... Vent0 #9 Vent0#9 Genius Vent0#9 X
                  Beast... Fiends "Shoggots" Wyrms Amxat Birther X
                  So, to remember the spots we can fill. Bold = already has mechanics. Alias+ post number = didn't yet had a name.
                  Defining which template dominates and which is added is tricky, so don't hesitate to tell if you believe that what I've put in the X plus Y is actually Y plus X.
                  I'll try to update it (and to link it to threads outside this one, if I have the time).
                  Last edited by Adrasalieth; 03-29-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Mummy + Promethean - Remember that old thread about Shuanhksen achieving Apotheosis?

No, wait! Here me out.

What if one ate a Promethean who then triggered their own Azothic rebirth? Maybe the surge of Divine Fire burns away Ammut's shackles and leaves the former Lifeless with a new purpose? They would likely be an Extempore, with Pilgrimage, but may retain portions of their previous Remnant, Affinities, and maybe even Utterances.

Not too much to add to the Werewolf + Mage Hybrid, except that I think they should get one Obsession which also takes the form of whatever Hunt they are on. Hunting Mysteries, basically. I'd cut most of the raw, broad access to Arcana (retaining 1 to 3 in their normal, Mage state), but enabling acquiring Rote/Blessings of other spell via Supernal Entities like Werewolves do for Gifts. Integrity equivalent would likely be Harmony (at least if Renown are retained in any form - having two Wisdom attributes would get confusing).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I think if you were going Mage and Werewolf, you would for the most part cut out arcana. Instead you would focus on mage sight, prime, and maybe attainments, though making them more fluid to use than mage's distracted staring. Then motivation-wise they would be like the Sidereals from Exalted. I suppose it's more of a werewolf and archmage mash-up, though, where they act as enforcers of the pax arcanum and general supernal guardians.

Like for Mummy and Werewolf you'd probably come up with some alternative to the judges either based on legendary members of the First Pack, Firstborn, or potentially Pangaeans or some other werewolf-oriented issue. You would basically choose your poison and shift to a more definitive 'werewolf as host.'

Geist and Vampire seems pretty easy, as you can have an alternative 'vampirism' where they are undead but rather than having all the standard vampire abilities it's channeled through this vampiric 'entity' in the form of the Beast, a strix, or some other hungry dead. Disciplines and abilities would probably have to be retooled as blood sorceries and necromancies, but some could be made permanent through a scarring of the soul, forcing you to gain more traditional, then focused, vampire weaknesses the more powerful you get.
                      Last edited by nofather; 03-26-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

When you blend with Werewolf, come up with new Renowns. Especially if you're blending with Mage.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                        An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                        Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

No one has done an Abomination yet? Werewolf + Vampire?

My Homebrew
                          Star Wars d10
                          The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
                          Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

Originally posted by Errol216 View Post
                            When you blend with Werewolf, come up with new Renowns. Especially if you're blending with Mage.
                            I guess you could associate them with the watchtowers, and attune that to harmony or at least how they tilt.

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                            I think a few people have, iirc they'd be somewhere in the Requiem forum. Some people mention it in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                              I thought Dead Wolves (the Bloodline) kinda count? As for Werewolves with a vampiric side, I don't know?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                                There already exists a canon bloodline that is based on werewolves; Dead Wolves in the book Shadows of Mexico. The origin is only presented as a rumour, though.

I also did a homebrew thing for embracing werewolves here.
                                Blatant self-promotion from the thread nofather linked.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
                                X