X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent0
    replied
    Other hybrid concepts (lacking material so far):
    • Demon + Werewolf - Demon calls in a Soul Pact just before or during a First Change; An Offspring/Fractal undergoes the First-Change and it super-charges their Demon blood as well; An Angel possesses someone undergoing the First Change and ends up Fallen, fused, and blended with the new Werewolf; Something funky happening with a Demon as the Totem of a Pack;
    • Werewolf + Mage - Soul-theft shenanigans involving a Werewolf; The "lucky" individual undergoes the First Change while in their Mystery Play; Weird interactions of a Spirit-based Legacy, acting as the Totem for a Pack, and a bad Totem's Wrath (Wolf Gift Facet).
    • Demon + Vampire - Cover Embraced while the Demon was Going Native or Play Possum; Ordo Dracul researcher gets too happy with grafting Demonic Form parts to themselves and "reactivates" them; Strix Synthesis fun;
    • Promethean + Demon - Guess whose parts were used for that Frankenstein or Unfleshed?; Demon accepts an offer from a powerful Quashmallim;
    • Promethean + Mage - Body used was of a Lich (of a resurrecting variety), and the returning spirit agrees to joint custody;
    • Geist + Mage - Geist fuses with a Ghost-Mage before or after the Bargain;
    • Geist + Demon - When the Geist came from an Echo;
    Last edited by Vent0; 03-25-2018, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied
    Awesome!
    Thanks everyone for the Contributions so far!
    I gave quite a lot of respect for the amount of work those long writeups take.
    LostLight That is perfectly fair. I think there is a lot of room for different concepts: a revenant uplifted by a Devouring Could Result In Something Different From A Beast being embraced, or a Kindred being devoured, or even a mortal experiencing the Devouring during that Brief moment in between life and Death in the embrace. (Or stranger ways still - a Beast bathing in kindred vitae in a magical rite, a Kindred diablerizing a Horror, etc..)
    My approach was to try and take the idea that Begotten are fears made Manifest, and trying to apply that to Kindred -specific fears. Still needs work, needs more thought putninto it as it was a Spur of the moment thing, but I think it's a good concept, in and of itself.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    EDIT- so after a short search, I've found a number of draft for such hybrid templates:
    - The Genius (Demon/Mage hybrid, by Milo v3)

Leave a comment:

• Mad_Maudlin
    replied
    The Kindly Ones probably need a revision in light of the Beast Player's Guide.

Leave a comment:

• lnodiv
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    - Tremere (Vampire/Mage version, by Inodiv)
    A more fleshed out version can be found here

It's a forever WIP, but I've done a fair amount of playtesting and it works. Mr. Gone was also kind enough to make a sheet for it, which should be hosted on his site.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    rewritting the Hollow as Mummy/Vampire seems like it may have some interesting potential, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    An easy way to do Awakened Werewolf, or at least justify it, might be to have them become like a Pangaean, through the gathering of omphalos stones or devouring of Pangaean carcasses.

I believe Guayota, or at least his plot hook, would be a way to do werewolf/mummy or even werewolf/sin-eater.

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    Guayota has become a disembodied spirit, roving far and wide on strange and bizarre affairs. Now, however, it has returned its attention to the real world, and wishes to return to existence. It is manipulating the Tibicenas into performing something akin to the Rite of Return used by the Shaniatu of Irem, having pried that lore loose from the world on its travels. It plans to establish itself as a ghost-king, with the Tibicenas as cursed wolf-mummies grovelling before its throne.
    Last edited by nofather; 03-23-2018, 03:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    ammm the main thing that I'll change to the vampire/ begotten hybrid is that instead of it being a vampire Devoured by an Horror, I would have tied the Embrace and the Devouring into the same event- for example, a vampire who is haunted by nightmares Embrace a mortal- only for the mortal in question to be Devoured by something far older and dangerous. Or perhaps we could make it into a Revanant which is Uplifted by an Horror instead of a Kindred. So it is less about "harnessing a new Template" as much as "gaining a modified/hybrid template".

As for Kindred/Mage, I think that's what the Sons of Phobos and the Tremere are for (each from a different angle). There was also in the forums a version for a Demon/Mage hybrid, but it seems like I haven't bookmarked it.

EDIT- so after a short search, I've found a number of draft for such hybrid templates:

- The Admonitoria (the original which has started the all thing, Changeling/Vampire)
    - Warlocks (Changeling/Mage hybrid, by Satchel)
    - Kindy Ones (Changeling/Beast, by Mad Maudlin)
    - Ravani (Demon/Mage, by Caladriu)
    - Tremere (Vampire/Mage version, by Inodiv)
    - Crones and Wyrms (Beast/Mage, by Second Chances)
    Last edited by LostLight; 03-23-2018, 03:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X