Compiling a full list of 2e playable Splats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Latents explicitly has Unseen Sense: The God-Machine and a Stigmata. They can also buy some of the Demon-Blooded Merits such as Infrastructure Proficiency, Instinctive Deflection, and the modified Language and Multi-Lingual Merits.
    They can also buy Embeds despite not starting with any. I do find that a bit weird, but the book says "All Demon-Blooded can learn Embeds." Similarly, they also start with a Cipher.
    I might pick up Heirs to Hell later.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Latents explicitly has Unseen Sense: The God-Machine and a Stigmata. They can also buy some of the Demon-Blooded Merits such as Infrastructure Proficiency, Instinctive Deflection, and the modified Language and Multi-Lingual Merits.
      They can also buy Embeds despite not starting with any. I do find that a bit weird, but the book says "All Demon-Blooded can learn Embeds." Similarly, they also start with a Cipher.
      Latents do not. They only get Stigmata and Unseen Sense (God-Machine). Oh, and all Demon-Blooded can take Supernatural Merits, explicitly.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

All Demon-Blooded have Ciphers. Latents just lack the Condition for the first Key. For that they need to become Offspring. So their Cipher is inaccessible until they become Offspring, but it's already there. It's not the process of becoming an Offspring that creates the Cipher.

"Demon-blooded characters have access to Supernatural
        Merits (pp. 298-302 of Demon: The Descent), at the
        Storyteller’s discretion
        ."

Unlike Stigmatics who starts with Supernatural Merits.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
          Latents do not. They only get Stigmata and Unseen Sense (God-Machine). Oh, and all Demon-Blooded can take Supernatural Merits, explicitly.
          this makes me wonder which minor splat is the the most powerful.

Comment

I think Deviants should be mentioned in the Upcoming section, but for now only a couple of things from Dark Eras have been left off. Immortal (Body Thieves) from DEC and Skinthieves from DE1 are not on the list.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Actually, it's technically possible for a Latent to start unlocking their Cipher without becoming Offspring by using an Embed and failing the Compromise roll. It's even specified that Latents use the Compromise rules, and the primary purpose of those are the advancement (or backtracing) of the Demon-Blooded Cipher.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
              X